💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

If not for British Artists, we wouldn't have had classics this decade!

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

Chickens in Malibu

First of all I'm not british, so I'm not really biased or anything.

But seriously,

I think we can all agree that the state of music in the U.S music industry is so bad this decade, that british artists became our last beacon of hope as far as classics are concerned. Personally almost 80% of what I listen to recently are british artists. Music wouldn't be as enjoyable if not for the british artists who served us bops not only this decade but previous decades as well. And I think at this point in time, the british music industry is becoming far superior to the american industry. Even UK Charts are becoming more important in my eyes than Billboard (which became a pile of garbage). This a moment of appreciation for these recent classics. Let's just hope the garbage hip-hop trend won't reach the UK anytime soon (I'm not against hip-hop I like Kendrick Lamar because he's good at it and delivers quality music, but most hip-hop artists are garbage nowadays).

But can you really think of a classic that wasn't performed by a british artist this year? I can't think of any :laughga:

ryanripley

the only classics here are sam smith and adele

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

xoxo Craig

Yeah these artists are overrated in the UK. Music in general is pretty shite at the moment.... 

To say that the US music would be nowhere without these basic artists is quite arrogant. Adele is the only decent one, and I like Sam Smith's voice. 

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

giphy.gif

Dua isn't anything special and I don't like her music 

End Racism Now

RAMROD

IDK, only Adele that matters from that list :shrug:

I got to see Ann-Marie live earlier this year tho. She was fun.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Damon

lmao the only classic I see there it's Adele and I don't think Hello is her most iconic song

... and now i just sit in silence.

Chickens in Malibu

I don't know what's GGD's problem with Ed Sheeran, but to deny that Thinking Out Loud is a classic is really foolish. You can ask any songwriter and they'll tell you they wish they wrote that song lol... The lyricism in it is totally on another level and even the melodies are so well thought-out. It expectedly won Song Of The Year at the Grammy's as well over Taylor Swift etc...

Bradley

I don't deny their talent but just because British are good doesn't mean Americans are not.

ARTPOPSTER
5 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

I don't know what's GGD's problem with Ed Sheeran, but to deny that Thinking Out Loud is a classic is really foolish. You can ask any songwriter and they'll tell you they wish they wrote that song lol... The lyricism in it is totally on another level and even the melodies are so well thought-out. It expectedly won Song Of The Year at the Grammy's as well over Taylor Swift etc...

I feel Ed Sheeran is full of himself.  He routinely does and says things that can be taken the wrong way. How many times has he been called out for taking other people’s songs without credit? Just my opinion, but I still respect your thoughts. :huntyga:

Chickens in Malibu
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

I don't deny their talent but just because British are good doesn't mean Americans are not.

I don't think that's what I said. I said that the american music industry shifted from what it used to be, and the trend now is really bad music. All it takes for you to realize is to keep an eye on BB100 really.

The only TOP10 in the U.S this year that I would call something close to a classic is Ed Sheeran's Perfect.

ARTPOPSTER
1 minute ago, nicolasrumet said:

I don't think that's what I said. I said that the american music industry shifted from what it used to be, and the trend now is really bad music. All it takes for you to realize is to keep an eye on BB100 really.

The only TOP10 in the U.S this year that I would call something close to a classic is Ed Sheeran's Perfect.

I agree with you there! :trollga:

xoxo Craig
13 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

TOL  is only a classic to English people with  no taste 

It's overrated and bad

End Racism Now

Archived