💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyoncé's Ivy Park profiting from sweatshops

Dayum

Featured Posts

Beyonce’s label, Ivy Park, launched in collaboration with British fast fashion company Topshop, is quickly falling short of her stated goal to “celebrate every woman and the body she’s in while always striving to be better”.

Not every woman is being celebrated in Beyonce’s world and definitely not the women workers in South Asia, where her clothes are made.

Last week’s exposé by a British tabloid revealed that the female workers responsible for making — but not inspiring, designing or profiting from — Beyonce’s clothing at MAS Holdings factory in Sri Lanka are experiencing tragically ironic conditions.

Read more: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-shank/how-beyonces-ivy-park-lab_b_10143234.html

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley

change the thread title cus nowhere does it say beyonce "supports" this

if she doesn't write her own albums, what makes ya'll think she runs her own businesses

that aside, yes they should stop using sweatshops

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Bebe

Messy, I'd like to think Beyonce didn't know about these conditions - I'd guess that she partnered with Top Shop believing they had the resources and had already built the foundations and infrastructure making it possible for them to create and distribute Ivy Park clothing to customers for an affordable price.

I'd guess her other option would have been to try and build it ground up, starting her own factories, opening up her own shops and employing her own workers which would have been expensive, it would have made the clothes more expensive, it would have been difficult to meet demand and it may have led to problems in regards to growing the business too fast and opened herself up to a lot of risk.

Partnering with Top Shop makes sense for her, but unfortunately it seems like they are the ones making the clothes in sweatshops. I hope that Beyonce works to solve the problem and is able/willing to move production to more ethical factories where people have fair wages and working conditions.

Love that this is all being focussed on Beyoncé as a person being an evil business women whipping her slaves into submission. The smear continues. Also the fact that there are hundreds of other clothes companies doing this and Ivy Park is getting all the coverage because its a bigger target and ran by a female. 

doppelganger
27 minutes ago, Karl said:

Love that this is all being focussed on Beyoncé as a person being an evil business women whipping her slaves into submission. The smear continues. Also the fact that there are hundreds of other clothes companies doing this and Ivy Park is getting all the coverage because its a bigger target and ran by a female profiting from female empowerment 

Fixed. 

Kimmo

All you guys complaining because Beyoncé shouldn’t be the one to blame... well newsflash people, it is her fault, if she’s so empowering and self aware like she claims, then she needs to make sure everything is up to her moral standards. But just like Beyonce you guys have so many double standards, now some are saying that since she doesn’t write her own song then she’s not aware of this, then what? She’s just a puppet now? Lol I’m telling y’all

1ZIH.gif

Hottie Detector

The Louvre

Honestly, all clothes come from sweatshops. If your shirt says made in Bangladesh / Pakistan / China / Vietnam / Turkey you can bet your ass that the factories aren't being held to Western European labour standards. Is this a shock to anyone? We can act outraged and all, but your H&M shirt and your Levi's are made in the same environments :rip:. Blame it one Beyoncé but that's just cherrypicking. 

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.

PoshLife
2 hours ago, BBhomemaker said:

Seems like trying to make Beyoncé fall is the new trend :nails:

Yeah you're right, the REAL tragedy here is Beyonce's reputation taking damage, not the plight of sweatshop workers the world over.

Get a grip, for goodness' sake. 

Borislshere

how do you think the clothing for this was made?

Mode-solidaire-La-collection-contre-le-S

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/tj-maxx-forever-21-macys-and-nordstrom-guilty-of-using-california-sweatshops-180605945.html

Everyone uses sweatshops. The clothes you’re wearing right now was most likely made in a sweatshop. The cheap furniture some people have was most likely made in a sweatshop. Let’s not start cherry picking.

Lord Temptation

Does self-declared feminist Beyonce NOT ask simple questions, like “are my clothes made in sweatshops?” or does she just ask “can i sign the cheque?”

This woman is literally profiting tens of millions off an image of being woke, of being a hero to women, especially women of colour.

What is this world? A joke. Keep praising her as a superhero though, Navy. Keep your head in the sand.

VOLANTIS
55 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

how do you think the clothing for this was made?

Mode-solidaire-La-collection-contre-le-S

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/tj-maxx-forever-21-macys-and-nordstrom-guilty-of-using-california-sweatshops-180605945.html

Everyone uses sweatshops. The clothes you’re wearing right now was most likely made in a sweatshop. The cheap furniture some people have was most likely made in a sweatshop. Let’s not start cherry picking.

Tea.

156.gif

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Archived