💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Does Everyone Hate Halsey?

getto

Featured Posts

getto

Hello.

A few months ago, it was announced on twitter that Halsey would be having a minor role in ASIB. To see what little monsters thought, I decided to log on and see what y'all thought. And tbh, I was kinda disgusted...:triggered:

Y'all literally were literally bashing her left and right. Some even said that the movie is going to be terrible now. Why are people angry though? She's just a singer? What has she done to you exactly? So I've decided to look into this mess. :saladga:

1. People hate her for being "fake woke"

Ok, I understand that the shampoo comments she made 5 months back were pretty pointless, but honestly that's as far as fake woke she went imho. Tbh, even when she speaks about issues like rape and miscarriage and helping LGBTQ youth people ignore that and decide to focus on the negatives. How come? :oprah:

2. People hate her for being "too shady"

Yeah I understand this one. I mean, when she bashed Iggy Azalea last year for being a "f**king moron" I was a bit shocked. She throughout the years was always a person who always showed admiration for her peers such as Gaga, Rihanna, Britney, etc. but I never knew why she said this. This, imho, is her main fault. But then people go as far as saying she shade Demi Lovato, but she and Demi are literally friends lmfao.

halsey-demi-selfie-cute.jpg

3. People hate her for being "Tumblr"

Ok this one is truly the one that boggles me. What exactly is wrong with Tumblr? I mean it's like any other ordinary social media site like Pinterest and Twitter, so I don't get what exactly the problem here is. People say her album "Hopeless Fountain Kingdom" sounds like a name generated out of Tumblr, but she literally didn't even come up with the name. Her ex-boyfriend did. 

Hopeless-Fountain-Kingdom-Web.jpg

4. People hate "her voice"

Imo, her voice isn't that amazing or spectacular, but it isn't terrible. People also say she's a terrible performer. I think these videos gives enough proof:

5. People hate that she calls herself "alternative"

So...I understand that she isn't that alternative as her artistry goes...But let's admit her music is not really generic like how pop music is like now. Plus, in many recent interviews, Halsey calls herself a pop artist. What she meant by saying earlier last year that she "wasn't a pop star, but was more alternative" means that she doesn't make her music for the pop scene like Dua Lipa and Bebe Rexha. She's practically saying she's a pop artist with an indie/alternative twist. I think these songs give enough proof:

6. People hate her because they think she copies other artists

Okay now this part is what pisses me off the most. :madge: Many people say she's a "Lana Del Rey knockoff" because her song "New Americana" sounds just a bit like Lana's "National Anthem". And in my honest opinion, there is little resemblance in the chorus, but this is just like Express Yourself/Born This way. As a musician, there are just so many chords you can pull off with staying "100% original". And on top of that, people saying she copied Rihanna's "Needed Me" with "Now Or Never". Tbh, there are a lot of similarities, but the reason why is because both songs were PRODUCED BY THE SAME PERSON.

7. People hate her for being "mean to her fans"

Okay, this part really boggles me since most of the time it's reversed. Her fans literally are mean to her when they don't get what they want. I mean, this videos are enough proof to show that she's a sweet person. 

So, I know I didn't exactly cover every single point there is to bring out about her, but rn this all I could think of negative about her. I mean, aren't y'all little monsters? She literally is a little monster too. She defended Gaga back in 2016 when the Chainsmokers came against Gaga. Idk why people treat her so badly as if she worked with rapists or something. :reductive:

Anyway, that's just my opinion...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KatieJudasGaga4

I don't mind her. IDC if she's in the movie tbh, just wanna see the movie already. I don't judge before I watch something so..

Xoxo Adriana

I love her, HFK was a pretty decent album and while I wouldn't place it anywhere near the word iconic, its definitely an album above all the bland radio hits of today.

I think some people have a problem with her simply because she collabed with Chainsmokers and Quavo from Migos, which in defence of LMs honestly wasn't a smart decision at all...

Kimmo

Because her attitude is a livid reminder of this girl I knew from HS that was so annoying always wanting to be in the spotlight therefore I dislike her way of acting, and carrying her edgy/over the top/ I’m better than any of y’all/ attitude !!!

75MB.gif

Hottie Detector

GagaXCollection

Badlands is one of the best debut albums! DON'T @ ME 

ladygagaxcollection.com

RAMROD

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Hatebelline 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Xoxo Adriana
20 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Because her attitude is a livid reminder of this girl I knew from HS that was so annoying always wanting to be in the spotlight therefore I dislike her way of acting, and carrying her edgy/over the top/ I’m better than any of y’all/ attitude !!!

75MB.gif

was she Sharpay Evans? 

River

You answered yourself to your question:shrug:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Kimmo
9 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

was she Sharpay Evans? 

SharpayImSorrySweety.gif

Hottie Detector

Miel

I don't like her voice, and she has a weird attitude. But, HFK is a pretty great album, she is a pretty good writer, and her performances have been getting better over time.

I've been warming up to her.

3 points in and ready for more

getto
15 hours ago, Kimmo said:

75MB.gif

That's a bit of a weird reason to dislike her lmfao considering she was bullied a lot in school for being a slut :air:

JazzGa

I don't like her at all. I've never bashed her or bothered to figure out exactly what I don't like about her. Maybe it's more her fans that I don't like :laughga: Because they think loving Halsey is like loving an "alternative" band and they are above the standard pop music fray, when Halsey is extremely conformist pop. But as Halsey has become more mainstream and embraced being a pop star, this has changed recently. My mom really likes Halsey now if that tells you anything :laughga:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

melon

I don’t care for her, certainly don’t hate her though 

personally I just am not a big fan of her voice and image, it does seem like a carbon copy of every single “not like other girls” edgy try hard persona, dear diary no one understands me girl

also from the lyrics of the songs I listened to *cough* New Americana *cough* it’s again like, ooh so misunderstood, I smoke weed #yolo, downbeat somewhat melancholic generic indie song... 

like if I want to listen to a song about being carefree and smoking weed, Because I got High is 10000x a better listen and more fun :ohwell:

heauxmatica

Archived