💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyonce did not have full creative control for VOGUE

Mr S

Featured Posts

But in the week before the release of her 30th September issue for American Vogue, which she has led since 1988, there was further speculation to address. Reports alleging that cover star Beyoncé Knowles had full editorial control over her feature spread like wildfire. Think pieces followed. Had Knowles single-handedly ushered in Vogue’s first ever African-American cover photographer?

Not quite.

“The concept and the photographer was entirely Vogue’s, specifically Raul’s,” said Wintour, who spoke to BoF with Condé Nast creative director Raul Martinez. He said he first became aware of the 23-year-old photographer Tyler Mitchell when he photographed gun control activists for a Teen Vogue digital cover in March, and then became more acquainted with his work at the photography studio and exhibition space Red Hook Labs through Jimmy Moffat, a mentor to the young photographer.

Beyoncé Knowles covers Vogue's September issue | Source: Tyler Mitchell/Vogue

After being presented with options for photographers, Knowles immediately approved of Mitchell, recognising the historic implications of the choice. Mitchell was already known to Knowles’ record label Parkwood Entertainment, too, and had photographed her sister Solange Knowles.

Martinez said Beyoncé Knowles was thrilled with the choice. When he telephoned Mitchell to share the news, the young photographer thought it was a prank. His next thoughts were purely practical. “So when are we shooting?” Mitchell’s own family did not know about the project until the news leaked last week.

https://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/news-analysis/american-vogues-september-issue-leaks-rumours-and-making-history

Thomas P

Well I’ll be showing this to my mother. 

“Who does this Beyoncé think she is? She pees the same as you and I and everyone else on this planet!” :triggered:

This will show her to jump to conclusions :queenga:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Borislshere
1 minute ago, Thomas P said:

Well I’ll be showing this to my mother. 

“Who does this Beyoncé think she is? She pees the same as you and I and everyone else on this planet!” :triggered:

This will show her to jump to conclusions :queenga:

Smh I never understood this mind set. Beyoncé herself has shown that she doesn’t want to be put in that high pedestal 

cmzsfhuxeaazxny.jpg?w=636

1 minute ago, YaaaasGaga said:

And it's supposedly Gaga that takes credit for other people's ideas?

tumblr_inline_opl8yjFxdE1sxogao_400.gif

Where does it say Bey took credit for anyone’s ideas? All of the articles leading up to this only said it was rumored. No one had confirmed or denied anything. 

ryanripley

is this supposed to be important news or

beyonce is an entertainer, not an editor or graphic designer

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

4 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

is this supposed to be important news or

beyonce is an entertainer, not an editor or graphic designer

There were rumors that spread around the web that she had full creative control which was unprecedented. This story responded to those rumors.

GypsyBabe

Anna should have just gone with the Beyoncé was in charge rumour so that the unimpressive photo’s wouldn’t be traced back or blamed on Vogue. A shame because the photographer is quite talented. 

Were her fans responsible for spreading that rumor? Because I legitimately thought that it was true...:ladyhaha:

⚯͛

Borislshere
2 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

Were her fans responsible for spreading that rumor? Because I legitimately thought that it was true...:ladyhaha:

No. Articles started popping up with that false information and fans were just sharing them.

weed
GypsyBabe
3 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

No. Articles started popping up with that false information and fans were just sharing them.

Oh okay cause I was impressed

⚯͛

GypsyBabe

Gypsy Life

We're talking about the same person who had a bunch of white men write a full album about black culture for her to sing about. How's that shocking that she has no creative control

Archived