💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Pop Music has gotten really bad recently...

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig

Let's look at a brief time line:

(2008-14)

Spoiler

2015  (the 2nd last year of good pop)

Spoiler

2016 (the last year of good pop)

From 2008-16, pop music was great. It was exciting. Radio was actually listenable. Songs weren't bland. 

Now, from 2017-present, there has been a drought of pop music. With the exception of a few tracks (The Cure being one), pop music has been lacking severely.  It's bland and there is nothing to it. Some songs don't even have a melody. Now radio is filled with Drake songs that sound similar and the odd pop song with a tendy/catchy beat. It's very easy to be a one hit wonder in 2018... just hop on the trendy hip/hop beat or tropical beat and your song is a hit. 

Nothing exciting has happened. It's become boring. Earlier I was listening to Teenage Dream by Katy and I thought to myself "why are there no great pop songs like this released anymore?" There are none... and I constantly find myself listening to tracks from before 2016

I'm hoping that Gaga will change the game again like how she did in 2008 and bring back decent pop music. The lyrics in songs nowadays are so basic, there's nothing in them. Gaga writes great music and I'm hoping that she'll bring that back to pop music, and therefore other artists can release good pop music too 

What do you guys think? Do you find yourself listening to pop music from pre-2017? Do you think music now is bland?

End Racism Now

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirrion Rizzons

pop music started to go bad after 2014 with a few exceptions. 

FfFfFfFF

I do agree that music became boring nowadays but I also don't like when people idealize music of the past. Most of the hits of the late 2000s were generic and hollow.

sweet spot
11 minutes ago, Admin said:

Not when Ariana released the best pop song of the decade in 2018.

she released a cover of run away with me this year? a slay! :legend:

monster4life231

Totally agree. I mean no personal hate to Demi alocara, especially due to recent circumstances, but that song “Solo” is like listening to a farm. All I hear is whoop whoop quack quack and ta ta ta. 

Songs nowadays are just so bad. The lyrics and beats and “melodies” are so basic. There’s no longer any artistry. We need to be saved. I don’t know how people find music like Post Malone’s, etc, exciting.

spread peace - #MJInnocent

MANiCURE 6

Gaga is coming to save the world ("Again and again
Again, again, again, again") :firega:

And btw, listen to Jain's new music "Star" ! It's a french artist and her musics are so good ! Also listen to her whole first album called "Zanaka" ! It's gold !

Gohan

Not even Ariana is trying to make good pop music anymore, hoping on that trap/urban instrumental with God Is A Woman. Somehow all the songs released now sound the same and it's starting to get boring. Drake being everywhere when his music is bland and he doesn't even know how to rap, but let's hope popstars can come back with fresh sounds and diminish all these talk-singing messes out there.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

xoxo Craig
16 minutes ago, Admin said:

Not when Ariana released the best pop song of the decade in 2018.

Where? 

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
18 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I do agree that music became boring nowadays but I also don't like when people idealize music of the past. Most of the hits of the late 2000s were generic and hollow.

Well if one gets bored with the current music, they would listen to past music, yes? 

And music has only really been hollow in the past 2 years

End Racism Now

Phaye Monster

I used to watch music channels for fun. Now it's just painful:saladga:

where did all the good music go?

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

xoxo Craig
12 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

Pop music is dead. Hip hop is the thing now.

71OAZUH.gif

I don't mind a little hip hop but it's getting too much and very boring :vegas:

End Racism Now

Archived