💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Are LGBT artists underrated?

Jeroen Bloeming

Featured Posts

Noah

I mean yeah, but the reason why their music isn't charting isn't because of their sexuality but because dance/pop music isn't a current trend. We're currently in a trap/soundcloud rap phase, so dance music isn't successful in general. 

⟡ ⋆ ËšïœĄâ‹†đŸŠąâ‹† ËšïœĄâ‹†âŸĄ

ryanripley
1 minute ago, Jeroen Bloeming said:

Is there discrimination against gay artists?

considering gays as a whole are discriminated against then... yes?

_a637fd606d69_180cb20171031051111.thumb_

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Impostor

Yes, because this song is not number 1:

And because queer artists like Perfume Genius, Sophie and Arca are more avant-garde/artsy than rappers/pop artists, which distances the general public :(

jprince99x

Why must there be “gay artists”? Why can’t they just be singers? Stop labeling everything.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

Bolkins

Well, I didn't know Calum Scott was gay.

Also I know GGD hate him but Sam Smith is very gay and very successful, so I dont fully agree but there is certainly a lack of out artists.

kvnrp
5 minutes ago, WohnJayne said:

Also I know GGD hate him but Sam Smith is very gay and very successful, so I dont fully agree but there is certainly a lack of out artists.

Well he is the first artist to be gay, it takes a while for others to break through and become known :shrug:

8 minutes ago, WohnJayne said:

Well, I didn't know Calum Scott was gay.

giphy.gif

Contrapoints
13 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

considering gays as a whole are discriminated against then... yes?

_a637fd606d69_180cb20171031051111.thumb_

268055074_TrixieAS32.thumb.jpg.c7009c2a5

Not only am I a gay artist, I'm a gay artist in drag that robbed the real winner of AS3!

Buy my new album 'One Stone', now available on iTunes, Now! Support the ghays *bobble head, bobble head*

Suspiria

I think we forget that gay people literally make up less than 10% of the population. So it makes sense that there is not a huge number of prominent mainstream gay artists.

Reality
26 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

Why must there be “gay artists”? Why can’t they just be singers? Stop labeling everything.

Well, because some artists are gay...

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

rumours
20 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

Well he is the first artist to be gay, it takes a while for others to break through and become known :shrug:

Omg you’re back on GGD!!!! Yaaasssssss :excited2:

And it’s true. Sam Smith, the founder of homosexuality, is breaking down various barriers for the community. 

aaron l
45 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

I see what you're saying but I think it's important to recognize sexual diversity in entertainment because the LGBTQ+ community still isn't seen as up to par with heterosexual artists/actors. We still have hetero/cis actors being cast LGBTQ+ roles.

Archived