💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Celine Know About R. Kelly's Business Before Everyone Else?

Dunk96

Featured Posts

Dunk96

Before anyone says I'm reaching,please hear me out.

Celine Dion in 1998 was on top of the world,having the monster successes of her American studio albums Celine Dion,The Colour Of My Love,Falling Into You,and Let's Talk About Love and the multi-award winning song,aka the greatest love song of all time My Heart Will Go On for the Titanic movie,which was also a juggernaut in the late 1990s. R. Kelly also in 1998 was a highly successful R&B singer. In R. Kelly's case he'd be hit in the future with several allegations of pedophilia,sexual misconduct,an alleged secret marriage to the late Aaliyah in 1994,an alleged sex cult,and several hundreds of women coming forward sharing their horror stories at the hands of R. Kelly.

In 1998 Celine created a Christmas album entitled These Are Special Times. At the same time R. Kelly also released his album R. The track the two would record together was "I'm Your Angel",released on both albums and eventually would see releases on several Celine compilations. However in the music video,Celine and R. Kelly are never featured together in any shots of the video (there is a music video with them recording the song but that is the only time they are shown together at any point with this song) and they never performed the song together at any point in the 20 years since its release. Do you think Celine knew about R. Kelly's history and she didn't want to be involved with him in any way?

Spoiler

I'm not defending R. Kelly in the way I'm posing this thread. I actually do believe that R. Kelly is a sick twisted freak. I only like one song of his (Ignition Remix) but I don't associate with him although he did do songs for Michael (You Are Not Alone & One More Chance).

elijahfan

It's more likely that they couldn't find a moment in their respective schedules to shoot the video together, especially since they were both in such high demand back then

Archived