💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I don't understand this fanbase...

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

KatieJudasGaga4

So, I am one of the few people that prefers Million Reasons over Bad Romance....And I see a lot of people hate this song. Besides the music video, (which I think was decent, not the worst music video ever made, but people make it seem like it is.) People complain that she performed it a lot, that she performed it 1000000 times and she did the remix, a jazz, and 10 alternatives. Well, she only did 4 (piano, guitar, remix, normal)...So, here is my problem. She only performed it during the Joanne era, the songs era. But, with Bad Romance she performed it all the time. But, no one complains about it. Yea, she did it during TFM era, but she did these small clubs, performing it during the Born This Way era, which is fine, but I bet if MR was performed, all you guys would be like, "OMG SHE'S PERFORMING THIS SONG FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME"...Also, I don't understand why she performed it at the Gaga Thanksgiving Special she did during the BTW era. No one complained about it, even though that isn't its era and she completely took off Judas, which was a single during that era. Also a country road version at SWSX, which no one complained about either. She performed these two in different eras, which is a lot, but no one says anything. But for people to complain about her singing Million Reasons during its era .....:saladga:...like its that songs era, obviously she is gonna sing that song a lot. Also, she sang MR only 15 more times more than PI... (probably because its more easier to sing)...MR is her 48th most played song overall, (according to setlist), but Bad Romance is her 5th most played song....after Just Dance, Poker Face, Paparazzi and LoveGame.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OBEY

Million Reasons was the only song with "hit potential" from that album. Thank god she made it a single and performed it everywhere.

GypsyBabe

I think people are more or less joking that she performed it a million times (pun intended). I wouldn’t take that to heart. 

Thankfully, her many live performances gave me such a fondness for the song, which I did not enjoy on the first listen. It really grew on me :flutter:

As for the music video, it’s not terrible, but I can see why a good portion of her fanbase is not so keen on it. 

⚯͛

SwissMonster

First of all, I see it more as an fanbase insider joke...

Also, people don’t complain about BR cause you can dance to it but most importantly caus it’s an extremely original and special song, on the other hand Million reasons is (even if the meaning of the song is beautiful) very GP friendly and mainstream. So This is why people get tired of that song so fast. I mean just take the example of „Happy“ by Pharell Williams, you can not tell me that you were not tired of that song! It’s the same, something is mainstream = After some times you can’t hear it anymore

Last but not least, this is an opinion, everyone can be sick of it or not. It doesn’t mean that because you are not sick of BR that your aren’t allowed to be sick of MR. And that’s what your are basically saying, that it makes not sence. But you forget that it’s an opinion, so there don’t has to be any sence behind it.

(Also, don’t get me wrong,I love the song, and I never complained about it to be honest but in my eyes this is the tea and I get why people get a bit tired of it)

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Ryusei

LMs: I wish she did more promo :saladga: 

Also LMs: Not this song!!!!!11!!!!!11!! :cryga:

Musery

KatieJudasGaga4
6 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

First of all, I see it more as an fanbase insider joke... Also, people don’t complain about BR cause you can dance to it but most importantly caus it’s an extremely original and special song, on the other hand Million reasons is (even if the meaning of the song is beautiful) very GP friendly and mainstream. So This is why people get tired of that song so fast. I mean just take the example of „Happy“ by Pharell Williams, you can not tell me that you were not tired of that song! It’s the same, something is mainstream = After some times you can’t hear it anymore

(Also, don’t get me wrong,I love the song, and I never complained about it to be honest but in my eyes this is the tea and I get why people get a bit tired of it)

Please don't compare MR to Happy, to very different songs. MR is also a special song and doesn't song like any other song, and Bad Romance sampled another song..soo...:huntyga:

ryanripley
8 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

LMs: I wish she did more promo :saladga: 

Also LMs: Not this song!!!!!11!!!!!11!! :cryga:

pretty much came here to say this lmao

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

hotnpsychoxxx

I think it's because she promoted MR too much on social media. I remember for a few weeks her FB posts are BUY MILLION REASONS and BUY MILLION REASONS. Also fans are expecting a new single ( especially DIC as a fan favorite) so we think Gaga should move on to a new single era. 

I like MR, but it's no doubt that Bad Romance is a much more timeless record

SwissMonster
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Please don't compare MR to Happy, to very different songs. MR is also a special song and doesn't song like any other song, and Bad Romance sampled another song..soo...:huntyga:

I does not sound like an other song, that’s correct but this is not what I am saying. What I say is that it sounds very basic, very simple (does not mean that it’s not beautiful), although Bad Romance was a song wich was never done before.

Also I edited my first post, if you wanna take a look on that

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

SKANK

To me, Million Reasons and the song's roll out represent my only gripe with Joanne, the lack of imagination and innovation. It's a cliche song, with a cliche music video, promoted with cliche performances. Just because your record has country influences doesn't mean you have to present in cowgirl drag.

Killa

Sorry but the video is that bad. 

I liked some of the performances of mr very much but its completely different to the amount of youd get from a bad romance performance, which is much more her lane.

MR feels like she blocks her ideas to fit ij the mold of what she envions as country. While on bad romance you just go and go and the more the better. It worked very well in the amas

It was a travesty in snl just saved cause gays love high notes

Bradley

I'm sure most fans were just joking when they questioned why Gaga performed Million Reasons for so many times.

Anyway, she was campaigning for the Grammys. If she didn't perform it and ignored it like how she did for Perfect Illusion, Million Reasons might not have landed a Best Pop Solo Performance Grammy nomination.

I think it was a wise choice for her to promote it.

Archived