Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lana Del Rey is a better writer than Gaga

Blond

Featured Posts

Why this obsession with comparing people? Both are great at their craft and do it as best as they can. Plus everything is subjective.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nuggets
On 7/30/2018 at 12:15 AM, LGMonster95 said:

They're totally different type of artists, you can't compare them, I'm more than sure that Gaga could also go deep on her music if fans or her label wont push her to create mainstream music for the charts. You can't really compare untill you see the absolute best of the artist 

Joanne wasn't mainstream tho..

Favorite McDonald's Snack

weed

the topics of Lana's lyrics just give a better illusion of depth than Gaga's. I love old men, I smoke cigarettes while he's drunk and on drugs, is gonna come off "better written" than lyrics about your fans loving you and how your ARTPOP could mean anything. 

both are effective, not phenom but neither a bomb!

She is a really good lyricist if she does write her own stuff. 

I do enjoy the poetic aspect of Lana's lyrics in written form.

But writing the melodies and other composing aspects of her music, I feel are incomparable to Lady Gaga's music. :music:

holy scheisse

I agree 100% 

Gaga's writing hasn't improved much since her debut. Granted, it's still strong. Lana only gets more powerful with her lyrics in my opinion. 

holy scheisse
On 8/2/2018 at 10:53 PM, neptugne said:

the topics of Lana's lyrics just give a better illusion of depth than Gaga's. I love old men, I smoke cigarettes while he's drunk and on drugs, is gonna come off "better written" than lyrics about your fans loving you and how your ARTPOP could mean anything. 

both are effective, not phenom but neither a bomb!

That's such a generalization though/very reductive to a stereotype. There's much more depth to lana del rey than her stereotype.

Dark Gaga
On 7/30/2018 at 12:44 PM, Blond said:

I genuinely think Lana's lyrics are deeper,stronger and more diverse than Gaga's. 

:pray: Don't get me wrong,Gaga's lyrics are metaphorical and describable,but Lana Del Rey's lyrics are just masterpieces. 

Anyone else agrees? :huh:

Also don't tell me they write about different things,you can still judge songs by their depth and ability they were written with :shrug:

giphy.gif

Reveal hidden contents

( don't sad me :air:)

That's obvious

Archived