💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do you love Gaga? Giveaway.

Admin

Featured Posts

Admin

Hey guys. So I just realized that I have an extra copy of a Joanne booklet signed by Gaga herself and I thought it would be nice to give it away to a Gaga Daily member. All you have to do is:

1. In this thread, tell us why you are a fan of Gaga. Not asking for an essay, but please no "because I like that rah rah song." Just explain what Gaga means to you, or share how you fell in love with her, or describe a life-changing experience connected with her.

2. You need to have at least 150 posts to qualify because obviously I'd rather pick an active Gaga Daily poster, and not someone just enters the giveaway and never comes back. However, if you are a new member and don't have enough posts, you CAN enter as long as you make enough posts before the deadline--please just don't spam the forum with two-word messages.

The deadline is August 11th. I'll pick one lucky fan on that day. Good luck!

joanne.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheAlpha

She was bullied in school for being different. Bullying destroyed me. When I was in my sophomore year in High School (2010), The Fame Monster was the only thing keeping me alive. After a long day in school of getting harrased, I would go home, lock myself in the room and dance and cry to all the songs. She's been here (through her art) for me in my toughest time. Gaga will always have a special place in my heart.

You know this is just my opinion, right?

vinster13

Gaga is special to me becuase her projects and creativity inspire me to involve myself in any and all types of art forms, and to always be true to myself no matter the circumstances.:sara:

Retron

I'd just like to say that I wouldn't have survived 2010/2011 without TFM/BTW and Xanax. She's enriched my life and and been a positive force for social change. If I ever met her I couldn't thank her enough. I am where I am today because she helped me get over a hump.

Mike Raffle

I love Gaga because she showed me it was okay to dance and be who I was comfortable being, even if my parents were not okay with that. BTW came out before I did and words can't describe the impact those songs had on how I viewed my self-worth. Her fearlessness in fashion is always thought through and also inspires me to decorate myself however I feel I want to project myself. Her theatrical courage pushes me to inspire everyone I perform for. Also her commitment to showing love to fans makes me happy :)

ryanripley

a lot of people laugh at monsters for taking the mother monster name too literally but this woman has legitimately raised me through her music and it's so weird to explain but that's just how it is. i don't call her mommy :poot: but she's for sure a motherly figure to me. her actions, beliefs and statements help guide me most of the time

i remember being like 14 and hearing her talk about how it's okay to be gay and i had never heard anyone say that before since i was surrounded by people who mocked gays 24/7 but there was just this crazy woman, the coolest woman in music right then and there, shouting to the stars that you were born this way and born to be brave :tony: 

i've loved all her albums but Joanne will forever stick out as an incredibly important staple in our connection because that album had a bigger impact than the rest of them. it really did change me into somebody i needed to be: someone who's grounded, who needs to learn to appreciate everyone around him, somebody who wants to be proud of himself and one day live a life where i have more than one good reason to stay :hug: plus the bops :diane: 

good luck to everyone who enters!

Spoiler

and if you win, give it to me :cryga: i love this album :cryga:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

River

I am a weirdo, I am the one who goes against the rules, pushing the boundaries, I make people angry because I say what I want, even if it will cost me friendships, jobs, many good things, I will just stay true to myself no matter what and I always looked for someone who I can relate to and I found it in Gaga, since day one.

I may be not the best fan in the world, I don't have posters of her on the wall, or listening to her all the time, sometimes I even criticizing her and honestly, I didn't buy some albums and singles.. maybe because I passed this phase in life, but I don't think these are the qualification for being the best fan, it's just deep inside, I have a big space for her in my heart and I think it's all that matters..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Catnikko

Once i was scrolling through tv channels and got to bbc3 and it was a repeat of Glastonbury 09 and it happened to be the chorus of Paparazzi, I stopped for a sec and was kind of mesmerized by the song completely

I then went to my old af PC and youtubed her and stumbled accross TFM leaks, then my life completely changed :messga:  also i probably already knew just dance and pokerface but I never took that much notice (I actually remember a friend of mine next to me in an ICT class showing me the lovegame video and a blog about her but at the time i was like "cool....".. then i became a stan and she got scared by the illuminati during the Alejandro/BTW time :air: )

(the order and timeframe of this i can't remember exactly so idk when in time this was)

I've always been into music but it wasn't until i became so 'obsessed' (not the right word bc I'm not creepy like that but will do for now)  with Gaga that i actually learned how to produce and started making my songs which is now a huge part of my life and it's crazy to think if i didn't discover Gaga then that might be completely different now

So that's half the reason I love Gaga, the other half is just something that's hard to explain :nick:

thanks for reading, I'm here all week :gaycat:

aaron l

Gaga taught me that I can be whatever I want to be. I don't have to live up to social norms or what the public eye wants me to be. We can break standards and be whoever the hell we want to be. Gaga will always put out the music the public will never expect. The diversity from Born This Way, to ARTPOP, to Joanne proves that I can move to the beat of my own drum. :woohoo: 

GypsyBabe

Although I have been a fan of Gaga since the beginning of her career, the album Joanne converted me into something beyond a fan. Being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and subsequently fibromyalgia, I was extremely depressed as I felt that I was unable to do the things that I loved the most because of the chronic pain. She released that album and I identified so much, from the very first note, to the pain in her voice. A lack of control. When she opened up about her struggles, I was shocked that we were experiencing the same thing. I’ll admit that I cried. It sounds crazy, but I must have connected to the music because I felt her journey and recognized a similiar sorrow. This record was such a comfort to me when I felt trapped in my own body. It brought me into this online community which has lifted my spirits, and it has been the soundtrack of my journey to feel strong again in my mind, body, and soul. Regardless of any record that Gaga may release, this will always be the most special to me as it brought me down to earth, back to my badass self, and made me feel like I was not alone. Cheers to Gaga. Cheers to the strong and inspirational creature she is. Cheers to JOANNE. :vegas:

⚯͛

Raccoon

Well there are two main reasons I love Lady Gaga.

The first one must be her human side.

She's the most down-to-earth famous person I know (literally everybody who works with her say this) and such a sweet sweet angel. She's very HUMAN, she cares a lot about the others, specially the minority ones. This woman indeed has a diamond heart. 
She helped me through the darkest/most difficult part in my life, high school. It was around 2011/2012, the worst years in my life and right when she released Born This Way. At that time I got bullied the most and literally had no friends irl, I had two virtual friends. In 2012 I stopped going to school at the middle of the year, I became very depressed... Well, if it wasn't for Gaga, her music & her messages I wouldn't be here rn writing this. She's like my third mother (after my mom & grandma) and I'm not ashamed to say this AT ALL. She taught me a lot from all these years. Gaga is one of the strongest reasons I chose to live. Well I better stop here cause I got emotional :diane:

The second one but not less important is her artistic side.

Well, we all know who and how she is. I thing Gaga is a genius with a enormous & endless talent. She is for me the most versatile artist from this generation and basically a chamaleon of music.
I love her so much because every different album is a different ride, a whole new era including new sound. Seriously, there can be some few songs I don't love but in general I've loved everything she put out since The Fame. Although my favorite album must be Joanne. Since she released Perfect Illusion, the Dive Bars, Million Reasons etc... I loved this wild trip she put us on, I love her raw voice so much. I got so disappointed I couldn't go to Joanne World Tour (even if she didn't have cancelled Rock In Rio I wouldn't be able to go :giveup:). This was FOR SURE my favorite tour from her so far. The looks, the different arrangements for old songs, HER VOICE man :nooo: oh God, she was pure fire during that tour.
I love that she's got into movies now and I hope she gets to do a lot of things she loves/want to and I'll follow and support her no matter what direction she takes.

I've been a fan since 2010 (I was not into music at all before that and barely knew any international artist :air:), and I must say these years have been the greatest years for me, she warms my heart with her voice, creativity, her message, kindness... She warms my heart for being who she is... Lady Gaga. :heart:

Spoiler

Fun fact: I just put Gaga on shuffle while starting to write this and the first song to come was Born This Way :wub:

Omg I'm so sorry I didn't mean to make that long response :messga:

"The scars on my mind are on replay"

Linus Gaga

I am a Little Monster since I was 9 and now I am 18 .I've never met gaga before and I might not be the biggest fan. However, I feels like she lives in my heart and for me Lady Gaga is kind of my religion. I can't live a single day without watching gaga news and thinking about Gaga. Many of my friends have their idol, they loved their idol for maybe 1 or 2 years, after that they will stop following them as they think their idol was not popular anymore or their songs is not good enough, but these friend did appreciate that I've following Gaga like 8 years without any changing and they do agree Gaga is really different with any other stars. Not only her fashion and looking, but also her personality. She taught me to be brave and never afraid to try things. That's the reason why I am still in this fan base. I like this women so much, and I'm proud to be a little monster:party:

Hit me a message and say hi !

• Admin featured this topic
huttont

I was in 7th grade when Gaga came onto the scene. I heard Just Dance and immediately downloaded The Fame, wondering who this Lady Gaga was. She was mysterious, unique, and surprisingly talented. Listening to interviews to try to understand her more, I learned that she was actually very intelligent and knew the industry. I was truly excited to see what she was going to do to the music industry. Little did I know that she was going to change the world...and I feel as though I grew up and evolved in my own way along side her. 

I am a fan of Gaga for many reasons. She is not only a talented vocalist but she also puts on a performance in everything she does. She has that ambition and rockstar fearlessness that was fresh to see in the music world and that courage really inspired me to be that way in my own career field. She encourages everyone to be themselves, to celebrate their differences, and to love no matter what. 

Lady Gaga is an icon, a philanthropist, a musician, a poet, an actor, a humanitarian, a performer, and overall genuinely good human being. She is many things. We all are. 

• Zilla unfeatured this topic

Archived