💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Ariana the new Gaga?

FrankGutz

Featured Posts

FrankGutz

First of all, im not an Ariana stan, god forgive me if i ever turn in one of them.  But it seems like she's rn the most loved pop girl, ive seen even some ex Gaga stans stanning for her ass while shading Gagz

Let's see

MUSIC WISE: While Gagz took the safest route to pander America with her countrish, folk, americana sound, Ariana Grande took a risk, even when i definetly didnT liked her new songs i dont think they're as safe as Gagz or as safe as any bland/teen Taylor Swift track meant to smash, idk how will sound her record but its probably gonna be a miss or hit situation, like rn everyone is praising God is a Woman while TLIC is one of the worst songs ever made.

VISULAS/VIDEOS: While Gagz was one of the most creative and powerful names on Music Videos, she kinda lost it since G.U.Y., the Joanne era didnt felt that gracious or beautiful when we talk about MV, but now, Ariana, one of the girls with the most random and meh videos are stepping up the game and already delivered 2 videos with stunning visuals, those might not be innovative or new concepts but yet she is doing what Gaga hasnt done for a long time (either for her sickness, creativity block, laziness, whatever it is)

So.... is Ariana the new MADONNA/GAGA?? Is she the new main pop girl everyone's gonna jump after ditching them faves??

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JazzGa

tumblr_nknvyy2Mky1t0mddko1_400.gif

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

ryanripley

i mean, in an industry of hip hop and trap Joanne wasn't THAT safe and is probably more risky than what Ariana is doing in terms of chart success lmao

and the joanne music videos were great (minus MR) :huh: PI contains some amazing cinematography, JW is pure classic gaga and Joanne did what MR should have done by being simple and emotional yet enough content to analyze

anyways LMAO no, i love ariana but :air:  

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Eggsy

Last time i checked Gaga is still alive.. So you cant get rid of Gaga.. Cant replace ha.. Many will try.. None will succeed.

BornSimon
1 minute ago, ryhanna said:

If Ariana is the best we've got then we're in a dismal state 

This basically.

Eddie

NO sorry but NO

Ariana is ariana and she is leaving her own legacy just like Gaga did for herself...plus we already have the "Is Ariana the new Mariah?"

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

sipthistea

She hasn't made anything iconic, so no 

Edit: Ok, I gotta admit the Manchester benefit concert was iconic. But I can't thing of anything else. 

KatieJudasGaga4
5 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i mean, in an industry of hip hop and trap Joanne wasn't THAT safe and is probably more risky than what Ariana is doing in terms of chart success lmao

and the joanne music videos were great (minus MR) :huh: PI contains some amazing cinematography, JW is pure classic gaga and Joanne did what MR should have done by being simple and emotional yet enough content to analyze

anyways LMAO no, i love ariana but :air:  

MR has a great video, what is the problem with it? Nothing. 

ryanripley
Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

MR has a great video, what is the problem with it? Nothing. 

tumblr_p2182mSVoH1qk7scno1_250.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

PoshLife

I wish I could take you all on a magical journey back to the summer of 2009 when the Paparazzi video came out. It wasn't just about the fact that Lady Gaga was popular at the time (with massive hits Just Dance and Poker Face already under her belt). The music video was at once beautiful, creative, and a little bit disturbing (dead models, hello?). It was well-choreographed and the fashion was great, and on top of that it simply wasn't what people were used to seeing out of pop music. The sheer number of people talking about it was incredible (and I was just out of high school at the time, so arguably the target demographic) - young women who would never admit to loving Gaga today (for silly media-driven reasons) were *obsessed* with the song and the video. She was extremely mainstream, but with an artistry that was not made to be mass-produced. That is a combination you don't see a lot. So I would argue that the Paparazzi era - the video and then the VMA performance - was what set Gaga on a crash course with super-stardom. A lot of people felt that way at the time, it was just in the air around Gaga. It was the first time we really saw what she was capable of - catchy pop music, but with real artistry behind it.

So if you're asking if Ariana Grande is popular now, yeah of course she is. But she is NOT the new Gaga. Not by a longshot. And hanging upside down on her album jacket isn't going to make it so.

evil sheep

gaga is irreplaceable lol

Hush hush, keep it down now, voices carry

Archived