💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why was the documentary about "Cheek to Cheek" scrapped?

Max Vandeburg

Featured Posts

Max Vandeburg

So... we already heard this rumor about the release of an entire documentary showing Cheek to Cheek's promo tour (@/one5ten already leaked some other stuff, and he was correct on some other occasions, so I believe that).

My point is: the more I think about it, the less I can imagine a single reason why they canceled it. :toofunny:

It would be perfect, just like everything about that era... And I'm sure it could have awards recognition, just like the album had.

What do you guys think?

ryanripley

i have no idea but i think it was someone on the production company side instead of gaga's side

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

mister max

Werent those barco screen things just not ready yet?

Edit: not sure anymore but apperantly "Barco Escape" was closed earlier this year

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barco_Escape 

In September 2014, Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga recorded a performance in Brussels Grande Place plaza to mark the release of their Cheek to Cheek jazz record.[2] The concert was filmed using 15 RED Epic Dragon cameras feeding three separate panels, including the panoramic shots.

is there any other source that tells us about the Documentary :hmm: maybe its just the Brussels concert....

Edit2: barco themselves say its just the actual concert

https://www.barco.com/en/News/Press-releases/Barco-to-present-Tony-Bennett-and-Lady-Gaga-in-performance-as-next-Barco-Escape-project-in-new-ultra.aspx

https://www.barco.com/en/News/Post/2014/9/26/This-is-why-we-love-Lady-Gaga-and-Tony-Bennett

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Max Vandeburg
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i have no idea but i think it was someone on the production company side instead of gaga's side

Same here. It's just sad... 

But since they were (apparently) filming studio sessions with Gaga & Tony at Electric Lady recently, I think there's still hope that they could use the footage in a future documentary about both CTC and CTC2, maybe...

Delulu
1 minute ago, Max Vandeburg said:

Same here. It's just sad... 

But since they were (apparently) filming studio sessions with Gaga & Tony at Electric Lady recently, I think there's still hope that they could use the footage in a future documentary about both CTC and CTC2, maybe...

or one for when TB grabs the flowers...

f*** u pop music

12 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

but how? if the production company closed or something wouldn't copyright go to gaga's or tony's companies? its weird they didn't have a contract that said the company couldn't cancel it or do whith it whatever they wanted

DitaDolla
1 minute ago, Loud said:

but how? if the production company closed or something wouldn't copyright go to gaga's or tony's companies? its weird they didn't have a contract that said the company couldn't cancel it or do whith it whatever they wanted

But why do I see you in every thread:huntyga:

Italian

I wonder why only the performances for Anything Goes and But Beautiful were uploaded on VEVO, but not the rest

FrankGutz

Ugh, i would be craving for this, idk what happen but it sucks, it would be interesting to watch since she was recovering from the mess of the ARTPOP era, Troy leaving her, etc...

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

2 minutes ago, NathanRajz said:

But why do I see you in every thread:huntyga:

because im god omnipotent aka gaga during the btw era

DitaDolla
1 minute ago, Loud said:

because im god omnipotent aka gaga during the btw era

THEN RELEASE LG6 YOU FATTIE

Just now, NathanRajz said:

THEN RELEASE LG6 YOU FATTIE

ofc

you'll love the folk album im making in honor of tom sawyer full of balads with only me and my banjo

DitaDolla
1 minute ago, Loud said:

ofc

you'll love the folk album im making in honor of tom sawyer full of balads with only me and my banjo

That's how I imagined Joanne in the first place tho:selena::cryga:

Spoiler

What's ur ig? U seem like a fun person

7 minutes ago, NathanRajz said:

That's how I imagined Joanne in the first place tho:selena::cryga:

Hide contents

What's ur ig? U seem like a fun person

@ladygaga

mister max

Wait inb4 it was only shown in exclusive cinemas :rip: inb4 its been shown but we never found out

Also looking great was footage from the upcoming Barco-produced "Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett In Concert," which was the first film shot for the format, filmed at the Grand Palace in Brussels on September 22, 2014 with 15 Red Epic Dragon cameras feeding three separate panels, including panning 270 degree panorama shots. At one moment, the left panel was an over-the-shoulder from Gaga’s POV of greeting Bennett, while the right panel went the opposite way.

https://www.indiewire.com/2015/04/cinemacon-barco-woos-theater-owners-with-panoramic-escape-tony-bennett-lady-gaga-187934/amp/

This would have looked so cool tho :omg:

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Archived