💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What's everyones issue with Jewels & Drugs?

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig

Title? 

I don't think there is anything wrong with it and actually quite like the song. I don't understand the hate for this song at all :saladga: 

End Racism Now

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlingNotTheMusic

Hmmm, I quite like the song but definitely see why people don’t. It’s a far distance from anything she’s ever done and simply, some fans don’t like hip hop and that’s ok. 

Even though I enjoy the song I still find some of the rapping to be somewhat chaotic, for lack of a better term. The production isn’t smooth, it’s very loud and erratic like majority of ARTPOP. But I’m a mega fan so I like everything she does haha. 

Lucas

The cringy lyrics, Gaga trying to sound too much like a bad girl on it, how it breaks the pop flow of the album, the THREE features that sound so different from each other... ugh

PS : I actually like hip hop/rap

Punktious

I don't hate it, it's just by far the worse song on the album. Ruins the flow, weird lyrics, but atleast it's memorable for it :oops:

xoxo Craig
5 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

The cringy lyrics, Gaga trying to sound too much like a bad girl on it, how it breaks the pop flow of the album, the THREE features that sound so different from each other... ugh

PS : I actually like hip hop/rap

3 minutes ago, Punktious said:

I don't hate it, it's just by far the worse song on the album. Ruins the flow, weird lyrics, but atleast it's memorable for it :oops:

I don't get how it ruins the flow, to me it sounds like a good fit on the album :oprah: 

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
7 minutes ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

Hmmm, I quite like the song but definitely see why people don’t. It’s a far distance from anything she’s ever done and simply, some fans don’t like hip hop and that’s ok. 

Even though I enjoy the song I still find some of the rapping to be somewhat chaotic, for lack of a better term. The production isn’t smooth, it’s very loud and erratic like majority of ARTPOP. But I’m a mega fan so I like everything she does haha. 

I think the instrumental is the best part of the song, especially the last part of the song. It's actually one of my favourites from the album haha

End Racism Now

Punktious
Just now, Craig Barnes said:

I don't get how it ruins the flow, to me it sounds like a good fit on the album :oprah: 

It ruins to flow for me because it's between Sexxx Dreams and MANiCURE, which are really poppy, and it goes to trap music. I think if it were shorter, like an interlude, and after MANiCURE, the song would be great

ChromaticaPunk

I don't dislike it really I just always skip it. When it was new I liked it.

Bradley

I remember when someone asked what song was Gaga's favourite on ARTPOP, she said it's Jewels N' Drugs at that moment. :firega:

I like the song though. I wouldn't release it as a single but I like it.

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, Punktious said:

It ruins to flow for me because it's between Sexxx Dreams and MANiCURE, which are really poppy, and it goes to trap music. I think if it were shorter, like an interlude, and after MANiCURE, the song would be great

For me, it's not an issue. The song isn't pure trap and both MANiCURE and JnD have trap elements in it. The song that ruins the flow for me is Dope :selena: I just don't think a ballad like dope should have EDM elements in it :selena: Oh well

End Racism Now

Tom Nook

I just can’t vibe to it :selena: it always makes wanna quickly skip to MANiCURE also I don’t really like the production I’ve heard better electronic infused rap songs

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Defmix100

I've seen its dislike being mentioned because it got a place on the album over Brooklyn Nights, Princess Die and others which you can argue are better songs

SHALLOW

I can rarely bop to it but sis, it's super messy and i only like the Gaga part tbh.

Archived