Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Pop Stars Who Haven't Realized They're Not Famous Anymore

StrawberryBlond

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

GGD does love a good shady list like this, so I stumbled across this gem. Suffice to say, it may go down well with some people here:

Do you agree? I have to say, I think they were spot on with pretty much all the picks, although the inclusion of 2 names (you know which ones) were very questionable and clearly put there to rile their respective fanbases up. Though I do think the thread would be better renamed "Popstars who haven't realized that they aren't huge stars anymore."

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei

trash video from a trash channel that gets views with clickbaiting and hating on whatever they can. Scum. 

So you're not as famous as you were at your peak? GIVE UP JUST RETIRE AND VANISH is what this is giving me. 

Musery

ARTPOPSTER

The reason why they are not as popular now is because the trend is no longer pop. The trend is trap music. Just like before, the trend will swing back to pop. 

ShockPop

Jonas songs "chains" and "levels" were underappreciated. I loved them.

And I don't get the Rita ora hate. She's actually really good.

ryanripley

katy perry? justin timberlake? is this woman delusional?

EVERYONE knows who katy perry and justin are, one underperformance doesn't just drop them off the face of the earth

everyone would easily recognise both these people. katy is literally on AI and justin's tour is pulling in millions for his "flop" album

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Robagaga

giphy.gif

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.

Monster7

I don't agree AT ALL with two in this list. Katy Perry might have underperformed compared to her previous work, but damn her tour grossed 100 million, today popgirls can only dream. And though Justin Timberlake sucked at Superbowl he's not doing bad.

You don't need hit singles, or billion views to be relevant. Look at Lady Gaga in the Joanne era (MR did well but wasn't a hit), look at Beyoncé since 2013, shes's sold like 8 million albums that's insane in the current music industry, look at Taylor Swift, she's doing ok in the charts, but she's sold 3M albums from one album which isn't a year old and a tour expected to gross 400M.

BOMSHELL

Just because you're not on top anymore doesn't mean you should quit doing music, if that's your passion. **** it if it's not a "yassss slayyy" song for the twitter stans, they can choke :ohwell:

Bradley

Katy Perry and Justin Timberlake are doing just fine, this woman doesn't do her own research before making a video.

I would add Christina Aguilera to the list.

Glamourpuss

I hate this mindset people have where fame is the ultimate goal and your work means nothing unless you're winning awards and making millions. The GP loves to see famous people rise and fall. It's so negative.

StrawberryBlond
19 hours ago, ShockPop said:

And I don't get the Rita ora hate. She's actually really good.

She can actually sing really well when she tries but there's a lot going on that make people (including me) dislike her. She writes barely anything, she just pays people to write her hits, so she's hardly an "artist," especially in this day and age where singers are expected to write their own material. She's also everywhere despite only having released one album years ago and has basically done nothing to earn all these undeserved opportunities. And lastly, its long been rumoured (and pretty much backed up) that she gets to where she is by attempting to sleep her way to the top. She's been with so many people, even the offspring of famous people, like Rob Kardashian and Ricky Hill and X Factor winners like James Arthur. It's likely she got together with Calvin Harris just so he could produce her album (there were rumours he dumped her and banned her from playing the songs they worked on after she cheated on him with Justin Bieber). A$AP Rocky made a disgusting sexual reference to her in his song, Better Things, which, although wrong and all, showed the extent of just how much she gets around. And she was also criticised for her portrayal of bisexuality in new song, Girls, because we don't even know if she's even into girls, the closest evidence is her being friends with Cara Delevigne.

So many have asked the question "Why do so many people dislike her?" but I think it's obvious. It's not so much her music people are against, it's the persona. She represents the kind of fame hungry celebrity that the public tends to hate.

19 hours ago, ryanliarripley said:

katy perry? justin timberlake? is this woman delusional?

EVERYONE knows who katy perry and justin are, one underperformance doesn't just drop them off the face of the earth

everyone would easily recognise both these people. katy is literally on AI and justin's tour is pulling in millions for his "flop" album

As I said, I think those choices were chosen specifically to outrage their respective fanbases, thus generating clicks, for good or bad.

3 hours ago, Bradley said:

I would add Christina Aguilera to the list.

I agree, as much as I like her new album and her old stuff, she's done a lot worse than a lot of the names listed and I'm surprised she's not here either.

Craven Moorecox
37 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

She can actually sing really well when she tries but there's a lot going on that make people (including me) dislike her. She writes barely anything, she just pays people to write her hits, so she's hardly an "artist," especially in this day and age where singers are expected to write their own material. She's also everywhere despite only having released one album years ago and has basically done nothing to earn all these undeserved opportunities. And lastly, its long been rumoured (and pretty much backed up) that she gets to where she is by attempting to sleep her way to the top. She's been with so many people, even the offspring of famous people, like Rob Kardashian and Ricky Hill and X Factor winners like James Arthur. It's likely she got together with Calvin Harris just so he could produce her album (there were rumours he dumped her and banned her from playing the songs they worked on after she cheated on him with Justin Bieber). A$AP Rocky made a disgusting sexual reference to her in his song, Better Things, which, although wrong and all, showed the extent of just how much she gets around. And she was also criticised for her portrayal of bisexuality in new song, Girls, because we don't even know if she's even into girls, the closest evidence is her being friends with Cara Delevigne.

So many have asked the question "Why do so many people dislike her?" but I think it's obvious. It's not so much her music people are against, it's the persona. She represents the kind of fame hungry celebrity that the public tends to hate.

As I said, I think those choices were chosen specifically to outrage their respective fanbases, thus generating clicks, for good or bad.

I agree, as much as I like her new album and her old stuff, she's done a lot worse than a lot of the names listed and I'm surprised she's not here either.

That was...intense 

20 hours ago, ARTPOPSTER said:

The reason why they are not as popular now is because the trend is no longer pop. The trend is trap music. Just like before, the trend will swing back to pop. 

Don’t remember trap being popular before

ARTPOPSTER
12 minutes ago, Jed said:

Don’t remember trap being popular before

Trap originated in the late 80’s, early 90’s. It wasn’t as popular as it is now. It is a combination of rap and EDM. Rap was popular and has been popular for several decades. 

Archived