Apple Music
politics

Canada To Surge Military Spending To Please Trump

Featured Posts

Whispering
4 hours ago, Economy said:

The 4% figure had been stated before Trump tho

However it could be that figures vary depending what you include in the figures as there is spending that isn't exactly for military but it relates to it indirectly. Perhaps the 4% counts that?

Also a commitment may have been made before but Canada wasn't doing anything about the commitment. Trudeau only reversed course on Military spending declines as share of GDP now it seems (at least according to the article)

Lol, don't give Trump the benefit of the doubt. He just makes **** up! 

A commitment was made back in 2014, so all the countries had a decade to get it to that goal. 

Trudeau still had six years to reach that goal. Maybe he was putting it off? Eventually, he or the next leader was going to have to increase the spending.

As much as I can't stand Trump, this doesn't have much to do with him. (other than he lied and tried to make it seem that way...and people are falling for it)

Woolfsmck

I think this is sabre rattling...the Soviet block isn't agress towards NATO countries...

N Korea and Iran are pursuing nuke's...I think the us will respond militarily if the produce a real bomb...and the us will expect NATO allies to back us...

like a cat in a sil, I watch life, moving&still, proceed across my face, I leave no trace.My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Economy
4 hours ago, Whispering said:

Lol, don't give Trump the benefit of the doubt. He just makes **** up! 

A commitment was made back in 2014, so all the countries had a decade to get it to that goal. 

Trudeau still had six years to reach that goal. Maybe he was putting it off? Eventually, he or the next leader was going to have to increase the spending.

As much as I can't stand Trump, this doesn't have much to do with him. (other than he lied and tried to make it seem that way...and people are falling for it)

What I mean is, before the Elections I remember reading the US spent 4% of GDP on military so Trump didn't invent it

Maybe it was in 2009 after the US economy shrank a lot from 2007 to 2008 and automatically made the ratio higher at the time

Or like I said it could include Indirect spending that may or may not be counted in the figures

I know Trump invents a lot of sh*t tho. I'm just saying that figure isn't new tho

Edited by Economy
jesse_batista

Economy
28 minutes ago, Woolfsmck said:

I think this is sabre rattling...the Soviet block isn't agress towards NATO countries...

N Korea and Iran are pursuing nuke's...I think the us will respond militarily if the produce a real bomb...and the us will expect NATO allies to back us...

I'm split on this one

On the one hand, it isn't fair for the US to shoulder so much of the weight for military spending of NATO and other Countries should pay their fair share

But at the same time no one asked the US to spend as much as they do and there have been situations in the past where the US got multiple Nations involved in stuff that we never asked to get involved in and just got dragged and all that requires funding

But As long as the 2% minimum is agreed on by everyone tho without fighting about it and NATO members are happy then that's the most important thing

jesse_batista