Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

'The View' co-host Sunny Hostin victim of racist attack

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Long story short, her and some of her family and friends were on vacation celebrating the 4th of July at the Hamptons. A group of 20 kids came and started yelling the N-word at them and yelling all sorts of racially charged insults such as "This is America, this is our holiday," "we are patriots." 

That's so gross but super common unfortunately. A lot of us don't understand this and think ppl are exaggerating but I have witnessed it first hand. I went to a pretty high end clothing store that I always visit but with a black friend and the store clerks kept following us without ever approaching us to talk / just starring at our every move and speaking in their walky talky ear sets the entire time. It felt horrible and never happened to me when I go inside the store alone. When I mentioned it to my friend to see if he noticed it too he simply laughed and said this is what happens to him whenever he enters any clothing store and that it doesn't phase him anymore. People of color face racism on the regular whether it is blatant like Sunny's case or micro aggressions like the ones my friend experienced in that store.

River
10 minutes ago, dit said:

That's so gross but super common unfortunately. A lot of us don't understand this and think ppl are exaggerating but I have witnessed it first hand. I went to a pretty high end clothing store that I always visit but with a black friend and the store clerks kept following us without ever approaching us to talk / just starring at our every move and speaking in their walky talky ear sets the entire time. It felt horrible and never happened to me when I go inside the store alone. When I mentioned it to my friend to see if he noticed it too he simply laughed and said this is what happens to him whenever he enters any clothing store and that it doesn't phase him anymore. People of color face racism on the regular whether it is blatant like Sunny's case or micro aggressions like the ones my friend experienced in that store.

Can relate, as a Middle Eastern, it always happened to me in France.. when it happened and I'm with my husband he always screamed at them and wrote on their facebook pages :reductive:

The darker is your skin, the more racism and discrimination you'll experience..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

2 minutes ago, River said:

Can relate, as a Middle Eastern, it always happened to me in France.. when it happened and I'm with my husband he always screamed at them and wrote on their facebook pages :reductive:

The darker is your skin, the more racism and discrimination you'll experience..

That is so horrible to hear :( I personally have a bit of color in my lineage but I appear white so I have escaped a lot of those prejudices but I have extended family members who are darker complexion and friends of all races and like you said the darker they are the more difficult it is for them. ugh

(you're husband is awesome tho lol!)

Archived