💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Cardi B gives birth! Calls baby...

Opulence

Featured Posts

Oriane
15 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Wow, she's really got a reminder of her cheating husband for a lifetime now if they ever break up. What are the chances he suggested this name? I was actually just talking yesterday about this weird thing with the male ego where men like to name their sons after themselves/brother/dad yet it so rarely happens when mothers name their daughters. Well, I guess this is like the celebrity version of the same idea. At the end of the day...Cardi's real name is Belcalis Marlenis Almanzar and Offset's real name is Kiari Kendrell Cephus. With parents who have names like this, what do you expect them to name their offspring other than something completely bonkers?

It's a good point. Not only are there so many odd names but they're spelled unusually into the bargain. That's where it really gets interesting. I once read a story about a nurse who has to process the names of new babies in the hospitals and she said that the current trend is for normal names but with unusual spellings. She said Jessica was by far the name with the most original spellings. with Jesycaugh being the worst. But the best one I ever heard was a form that declared the child's name as Ho'Nasty. Concerned, the nurse asked around to find out the reason behind this name. Turned out that the parents named her Honesty (kinda like calling a girl Hope, Joy or Harmony) but wanted to give her a fancy spelling, so put in an apostrophe and changed the e to an a. But of course, this is not what future prospective employers will see on her job application. Apparently there was a case of a girl, who at the age of 9, was given court guardianship to change her name after her parents named her Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii. She was so embarrassed and refused to tell anyone her name to the point where the courts had to intervene. Too much gas and air on the mother's part or just stupid parents?

I have always found it weird that in America (at least, I don't know about other countries but it's something I have seen in American culture mostly) so many boys are named after their father's name, for example a man is named Harry and their son is Harry Junior. As if the son didn't have his own identity, he's just a little version of his father. It seemed to happen mostly in the 20th century.

I don't understand why they try to come up with surrealistic spelling. It just makes everything hard, you can be sure the child will never get their name spelt correctly. Even with a name as simple to spell as mine, people often write it incorrectly (Auriane and Orianne also exist so I get why), even when I tell them the correct spelling multiple times. So imagine a name with a spelling that is really not natural. There's also a logic in how words and names were invented, it all has roots to older languages. But a lot of these new ways to spell don't follow any rules.

Wow, it's crazy that these parents didn't even think that "Ho'Nasty" looked so wrong. And that long name... How was it even accepted ?

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zakariah
8 hours ago, retroglamx said:

These celebrity baby names are getting more ridiculous each time.

What do you think Gaga will name her baby/ies? :messga:

If it's a girl, 'Joanne' is 1,000,000% gonna be part of her name :whitney:

WeDontStop

next baby:

Elevator Floxinoxi Borneo Kush

i got the boys in dubai

StrawberryBlond
2 hours ago, Oriane said:

I have always found it weird that in America (at least, I don't know about other countries but it's something I have seen in American culture mostly) so many boys are named after their father's name, for example a man is named Harry and their son is Harry Junior. As if the son didn't have his own identity, he's just a little version of his father. It seemed to happen mostly in the 20th century.

I don't understand why they try to come up with surrealistic spelling. It just makes everything hard, you can be sure the child will never get their name spelt correctly. Even with a name as simple to spell as mine, people often write it incorrectly (Auriane and Orianne also exist so I get why), even when I tell them the correct spelling multiple times. So imagine a name with a spelling that is really not natural. There's also a logic in how words and names were invented, it all has roots to older languages. But a lot of these new ways to spell don't follow any rules.

Wow, it's crazy that these parents didn't even think that "Ho'Nasty" looked so wrong. And that long name... How was it even accepted ?

I guess it is a thing more in the English speaking world, although I've frequently heard Italian families use a lot of the same male names, handed down from generation to generation. Yeah, I think it's a really negative thing for a person's identity. Especially if they're named after someone who acheived a lot and they'll always be comparing themselves to them. It must be difficult when you're living in the same house and have to distinguish each other with nicknames because no one knows who you're talking about. It'll only get worse as the child grows up. And when mail arrives, how do you know who it's for?

I despair for the child trying to spell the name themselves at that young age. I get different spellings of my name as well, even though Rachel isn't hard to get right. Rachael is at least acceptable as that's a genuine spelling but I'd get Rachell, Raechel, Racheal, Rahel, Rachelle, you name it. And this was getting Christmas cards at school, where the correct spelling of my name could be found on any classroom chart or a picture I drew taped to the wall! Imagine a genuinely weird name's spelling that isn't in common use and is the first of its kind.

I really do think there needs to be laws in place to stop ridiculous situations like this from happening. It'll prevent court cases later when the child demands a name change. In Italy, there's a list of names you can't call your child as well. Though I think saying you can't call a girl Andrea or Nicola because they're boys names in Italy (but not elsewhere) is a little harsh.

Quartz

I think it's a cool name. If your classmate's name were Kulture, I bet you'll like it too. You're just biased because it's a celebrity who picked the name. If it were a normal person, you'd like it I bet.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

SKANK

The irony of "Lady Gaga" fans not being into people having unconventional names is halarious.

derpmonster
15 hours ago, Bat said:

Where are the days that a celeb just called their newborn Thomas or Jessica?

giphy.gif

Ah, the two genders: Thomas and Jessica. :trollga:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Congratulations to her :giveup:  I don't mind the name :shrug: I think there have been far worse and at least it's unique. 

Archived