💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CEREMONY: Tapestry (Carole King)

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours
6 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I would love the Beatles ! But I think you said somewhere you were not too fond of them @Rumours1977 ?

I like the Beatles, but I don't necessarily love their entire discography.

Some of it is absolute genius (for example, I still contend that Hey Jude is one of the best pop/rock songs written during the time period), but some of their discography isn't my favorite tbh. Also, I really can't forgive John Lennon for "Unfinished Music No. 1: Two Virgins" (w/ Yoko Ono), which I found unlistenable.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That J

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J

Dont make me do Natalie Merchant. Lol

That J

I'd do those rates but it would be my myself and maybe one cool person. Lol

@Ronk

Ronk
5 hours ago, Rumours1977 said:

Everyone has their own favorite artists and albums, so might as well pick your personal favorite albums to rate.   Introducing others to great music is worthwhile.  Some of your rates introduced me to great albums and artists I haven't listened to very much, and I am thankful for it.

My personal favorite album to rate would be any of Dylan's first three albums, but that's just me.

You told me about a Dolly album "The Grass Is Blue".  I think even people not into country music would find some of the songs to be moving, and others uplifting.  So I think you can't lose if you pick an album you like.

I live outside the space time continuum.

rumours
2 minutes ago, Ronk said:

You told me about a Dolly album "The Grass Is Blue".  I think even people not into country music would find some of the songs to be moving, and others uplifting.  So I think you can't lose if you pick an album you like.

Oh, you ending up listening to The Grass is Blue! 🙂Did you like the album overall?

Ronk
1 minute ago, Rumours1977 said:

Oh, you ending up listening to The Grass is Blue! 🙂Did you like the album overall?

Yes.  I was very moved by some of the songs, and others were very enjoyable.   I think any country album by Dolly would be a nice contrast to the eclectic Dolly album we already rated.  Might as well go back to her roots.

rumours
16 minutes ago, Ronk said:

Yes.  I was very moved by some of the songs, and others were very enjoyable.   I think any country album by Dolly would be a nice contrast to the eclectic Dolly album we already rated.  Might as well go back to her roots.

I definitely want to do one of Dolly's more stripped back albums at some point. Glad you liked the album btw! My personal favorite album during her creative revitalization around the turn of the century is "Little Sparrow". It isn't on Spotify (which is why I didn't choose it for the last Dolly rate), but it is one of the few albums that actually leaves me with chills every time.

The title track of that album:

Spoiler

Ronk
16 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

I definitely want to do one of Dolly's more stripped back albums at some point. Glad you liked the album btw! My personal favorite album during her creative revitalization around the turn of the century is "Little Sparrow". It isn't on Spotify (which is why I didn't choose it for the last Dolly rate), but it is one of the few albums that actually leaves me with chills every time.

The title track of that album:

Hide contents

This (in bold) is exactly why you must find a way to rate this album.

And great song, btw. 

Archived