💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Gaga featured in CNN's '2000s' Series Intro

PunkTheFunk

Featured Posts

PunkTheFunk

Before a mod tries to tell me that this needs to be moved to Gaga Thoughts, THIS IS DEFINITELY AN ACHIEVEMENT. And you need to let me explain why.

tumblr_p9uqlejhqx1u6n38po1_250.gif

Every year, CNN releases a documentary miniseries that focuses on a decade in American history -- covering key events in politics, major breakthroughs in technology, iconic moments in pop culture, etc. They started back in 2014 with The Sixties, and have continued all the way to this year, with The 2000s. 

In my opinion, the intro to the show is one of the best parts because it beautifully captures the decade in a 40-50 second animation. 

The video below contains intros for all five decades. In terms of music, the 60s has the British Invasion (the Beatles) and California surf rock; the 70s has Carole King (best selling female artist of the 70s), Disco, and Punk Rock; the 80s features Bowie, Madonna very prominently, and Run DMC for the rise of hip-hop; and the 90s has Alanis Morisette, Tupac and Biggie Smalls. The intro obviously doesn't encompass every single noteworthy musical artist from the decade (for example, there is no trace of Prince in the 80s intro), but I think it's safe to say that the artists that do make it to the intro are strategically chosen to represent a major genre, trend, or iconic moment in music.

Which brings us to the 2000s (skip to 3:20) -- the musical artists they chose are Alicia Keys (the top R&B artist of the 2000s), Eminem (the best selling solo artist of the 2000s in the US), Chester Bennington of Linkin Park (best selling alt-rock band of the 2000s), Beyonce (who embarked on an iconic solo career) and GAGA!!!!!!

She literally only appears on screen for like 0.2 seconds but it's such a major achievement in my eyes.

article-0-09BFEF76000005DC-692_468x606.j

We're told by haters so often that Gaga was "just a fad", that she "peaked early and then disappeared" and "no one remembers her anymore" but this to me solidifies her place not just in pop culture history, but in history period.

200.gif

Make sure you tune in to CNN on Aug 19 for the episode that focuses on music of the 2000s ("I Want My MP3"). I'm sure Gaga will get a nice 2 minutes dedicated to her. :tony:

EDIT: IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW LONG SHE APPEARS FOR. She is in that intro along with every iconic moment of the 2000s which is why I'm so elated.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion

Uh you can barely notice her lmao. Cute thought but this doesn’t speak to everyone watching she’s iconic if you cat even see her lol.  This is cute but that’s it lol

PunkTheFunk
Just now, Wigless said:

Uh you can barely notice her lmao. This is cute but that’s it lol

It doesn't matter how long she's on screen for -- SHE'S THERE!

ARTPOP2
10 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

She literally only appears on screen for like 0.2 seconds but it's such a major achievement in my eyes.

She ****!n slayed those 0.2 seconds. better than the whole KP documentary. :firega:

PunkTheFunk
2 minutes ago, Wigless said:

Uh you can barely notice her lmao. Cute thought but this doesn’t speak to everyone watching she’s iconic if you cat even see her lol.  This is cute but that’s it lol

Fans of the show (including me) love to dissect the intros. They will notice it for sure :poot:

Tom Nook

Come thru Gaga! :pray:

but real talk this was me trying to look for ha

Screen_Shot_2018-04-06_at_10.45.01_AM.pn

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

iCpro

They consider Gaga so iconic and influential that they put her alongside Steve Jobs, Bush, Breaking Bad, 9/11, and Beyonce :giveup::giveup::giveup:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Quartz

I don't think being put alongside 911 is a big a compliment as you think :poot:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

freebit

I don't think I would have seen her if you hadn't made the thread. I had to go back & rewatch twice. Instead of bunching them all together they should have sprinkled in the music artists chronologically to go with the times - like the 70s one where they place Carol King towards the beginning & Studio 54 towards the end.

PunkTheFunk
3 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Have you considered moving this to Gaga Thoughts? :gaycat:

biebsfight.gif

GypsyBabe

I religiously have watched this series since it aired. I’ve been waiting for the 2000s forever. Its really cool that she is in the intro because then they will give her impact and influence some time. :tony:

⚯͛

GypsyBabe
14 minutes ago, freebit said:

I don't think I would have seen her if you hadn't made the thread. I had to go back & rewatch twice. Instead of bunching them all together they should have sprinkled in the music artists chronologically to go with the times - like the 70s one where they place Carol King towards the beginning & Studio 54 towards the end.

Wasn’t the 70s music one so good!? :firega:

⚯͛

Archived