Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

RedOne is overrated

Hyperballad

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Tino said:

You cannot possibly come here and say The Cure is not generic. But Redone is. You just have to see the reaction to people when they first heard The Cure and compared to The Chainsmokers. I can’t take you seriously.

"Redone is not generic" 

Above is basically a rip off of this song

And his other songs;

SCREAM generic.

The Cure is literally 90s RnB pop, the thing that made it modern was the whale noise. It got compared to TCS because of that. But The Cure is 90's RnB pop and not generic tropical house. I can't take you seriously 

kelly.gif

End Racism Now

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Defmix100
4 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

"Redone is not generic" 

And his other songs;

SCREAM generic.

The Cure is literally 90s RnB pop, the thing that made it modern was the whale noise. It got compared to TCS because of that. But The Cure is 90's RnB pop and not generic tropical house. I can't take you seriously 

kelly.gif

we've said his work with Gaga is his best, so when they work together his sound isn't generic because she brings out the best in him and I think he brings out a really creative side of her which we haven't heard in a while

19 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

"Redone is not generic" 

And his other songs;

SCREAM generic.

kelly.gif

Notice how you only use songs that he produced for other people? Mess. Angel Down Work Tape shows that when he works with Gaga, he can do things differently. And again, the fact that you think The Cure is not generic proves how you must be living under a rock. Because it sounds like any other song that was on the radio in 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017. In fact, sounds like something Demi, Selena and Hayley would do. It is why with no promo it got over 200M streams. Boy sit down.

SlaeUrAnus
7 hours ago, reversewarhol said:

Fans only want Gaga to work with him again because they want a hit. I think we ALL know Gaga’s best work are DJWS produced songs 

That is very subjective.

My favourite Gaga songs are produced by RedOne.

In my messy era.

PlanetChromatica

Just Dance, Pokerface, LoveGame, Bad Romance, Alejandro, Monster, Judas, Hair and Scheisse.

That is all I have to say.

Seringai

GaGa needs to work with Lone. He was responsible for Almost all azealia banks bops.

L

Dutch

'Gaga needs to evolve'... Who said RedOne can't evolve too? And don't come with me with your 'have you ever listen to RedOne his recent work, lmao, lol, bye, omg, dead, tea', we all know Gaga and RedOne can bring the best out of themselves together. And of course Gaga has a huge influence on her own songs, so LG x R1 =/= R1. Besides that, RedOne is more than just a producer, he helps with songwriting both lyrics and rhythms, without producing the songs (Gypsy, Angel Down). 

If Gaga really didn't like to work with RedOne, she wouldn't be working with him any longer. Yet after the whole ARTPOP fiasco, she still worked with him and Angel Down made it on Joanne. Yes, there were other LG5 R1 songs that she didn't release, but I don't think vampires would go well with honoring Joanne. So instead of post a negative thread about him every week, you could, you know, support him and their friendship/work relationship, because Gaga clearly respect him. As long they make amazing songs, most of them turn out fan favorites anyways, I don't see the problem? :vegas: 

xoxo Craig
1 hour ago, Tino said:

Notice how you only use songs that he produced for other people? Mess. Angel Down Work Tape shows that when he works with Gaga, he can do things differently. And again, the fact that you think The Cure is not generic proves how you must be living under a rock. Because it sounds like any other song that was on the radio in 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017. In fact, sounds like something Demi, Selena and Hayley would do. It is why with no promo it got over 200M streams. Boy sit down.

The Cure doesn't sound like something Demi or Selena would do. For starters, they dont/can't sing like Gaga. Gaga brought 90's style Mariah Carey-ish vocals on a pop beat.

If you think that The Cure does sound generic and like something Selena would do, then it's you who is living under a rock. I don't like the generic sound of Gomez, TCS, Martin Garrix  (There for you), Justin Bieber.... its the worst trend and it's lasted for years... if The Cure did sound like that, I would have hated it. But it doesn't. 

Angel Down was Ronson's work not RedOne. Yes he has writing credits and yes the WT is on the album, but that type of song is not what the majority of monster want from a RedOne x Gaga collab-: They want the dance bops. They wrote ballads together in the past, why wasn't Angel Down up to par with them?

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
42 minutes ago, Dutch said:

'Gaga needs to evolve'... Who said RedOne can't evolve too? And don't come with me with your 'have you ever listen to RedOne his recent work, lmao, lol, bye, omg, dead, tea', we all know Gaga and RedOne can bring the best out of themselves together. And of course Gaga has a huge influence on her own songs, so LG x R1 =/= R1. Besides that, RedOne is more than just a producer, he helps with songwriting both lyrics and rhythms, without producing the songs (Gypsy, Angel Down). 

If Gaga really didn't like to work with RedOne, she wouldn't be working with him any longer. Yet after the whole ARTPOP fiasco, she still worked with him and Angel Down made it on Joanne. Yes, there were other LG5 R1 songs that she didn't release, but I don't think vampires would go well with honoring Joanne. So instead of post a negative thread about him every week, you could, you know, support him and their friendship/work relationship, because Gaga clearly respect him. As long they make amazing songs, most of them turn out fan favorites anyways, I don't see the problem? :vegas: 

I agree, it's just I hate it when monsters are like "We want the bad Romance Gaga back, work with RedOne" 

End Racism Now

11 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

The Cure doesn't sound like something Demi or Selena would do. For starters, they dont/can't sing like Gaga. Gaga brought 90's style Mariah Carey-ish vocals on a pop beat.

If you think that The Cure does sound generic and like something Selena would do, then it's you who is living under a rock. I don't like the generic sound of Gomez, TCS, Martin Garrix  (There for you), Justin Bieber.... its the worst trend and it's lasted for years... if The Cure did sound like that, I would have hated it. But it doesn't. 

Angel Down was Ronson's work not RedOne. Yes he has writing credits and yes the WT is on the album, but that type of song is not what the majority of monster want from a RedOne x Gaga collab-: They want the dance bops. They wrote ballads together in the past, why wasn't Angel Down up to par with them?

Boy, the fact that you’re still arguing that The Cure is not generic. And now you think Demi nor selena can’t sing The cure because they dont have the vocals? The Cure is probably Gaga’s least challenging songs. Vocally speaking. Selena who’s a really bad singer, can sing that song (maybe not the chorus, Demi can) just like she did with 

Because like Gaga on The Cure, Selena uses a very low voice. 

“They wrote ballads together in the past, why wasn't Angel Down up to par with them?” So you’re admitting that he’s done a good job with Gaga? And again, this isn’t about whether his latest work with Gaga is up to par or not. You said his music is generic and I’m telling you he helped create Angel Down which sounds nothing like what he has produced for other people lately.

17 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

I agree, it's just I hate it when monsters are like "We want the bad Romance Gaga back, work with RedOne" 

Why do you hate it tho? Nobody is hating on you for wanting Gaga to work with different producers. Which she’s doing right now. So what are you outraged about? And I don’t see anyone talking about wanting Redone to produce an entire album for Gaga again. They made magic in the past so you shouldn’t be surprised that a few Monsters want to see them work again.

Dutch
3 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

I don't see them that often anymore to be quite honest, they left after ARTPOP and Joanne. But this happens to every artist anyways. Some fans want to have their favorite era back. They want the Single Ladies Beyoncé back, they want the Teenage Dream Katy Perry back etc. etc. And yeah, some people go a little bit too far with wanting this to happen, but I just ignore them and let them have their moment.

But I don't see what RedOne has to do with fans that want the 'Bad Romance Gaga' back. Just because some fans want this to happen and you don't feel the same way, you feel the need to prove that RedOne isn't/wasn't good enough? It's not fair to project the negative feelings you get from those fans on RedOne who has nothing to with it. :oprah:

Dutch

And for all the people dragging the LG x R1 songs, you are dragging Gaga too. Because she made and is responsible for those songs too, maybe even more than RedOne, y'all seem to forget this. If you want to praise or drag the songs, be my guest, but don't forget they both worked on it.

xoxo Craig
7 minutes ago, Tino said:

Boy, the fact that you’re still arguing that The Cure is not generic. And now you think Demi nor selena can’t sing The cure because they dont have the vocals? The Cure is probably Gaga’s least challenging songs. Vocally speaking. Selena who’s a really bad singer, can sing that song (maybe not the chorus, Demi can) just like she did with 

Because like Gaga on The Cure, Selena uses a very low voice. 

“They wrote ballads together in the past, why wasn't Angel Down up to par with them?” So you’re admitting that he’s done a good job with Gaga? And again, this isn’t about whether his latest work with Gaga is up to par or not. You said his music is generic and I’m telling you he helped create Angel Down which sounds nothing like what he has produced for other people lately.

Hit the road Jack

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig

I honestly don't care anymore, I'm here for anything Gaga does. And if that means working with Redone again so be it. Still think he's over rated though. 

End Racism Now

Archived