💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

GGD 2nd Original Song Contest: Summer Edition

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

NIGHTCRAWLER
41 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I remember you were able to watch the results and ask a friend to tell us that you were happy to win... Surely you could have found to way to send your rates ?

I think the "participants must vote" rule was logical, even if it was not stated in the original rules, it's obvious that if you care about this, you take the time to listen to the other songs and you vote. But a week before the results, I think not even half of the participants had voted. If only one or two people hadn't voted, it wouldn't have been a big deal I think, but here it was just rude from most of these participants who probably just didn't care enough.

@tomsches was kind enough to warn everyone a few days before the results so it wasn't even a big twist. Participants who didn't play along had it coming.

I could not agree more! Please @Harry leave that behind and join us for this very new season! :vegas:

• Like 1

Blond

I write songs,so this is not definitely for me :sweat:

Wish luck to all participants :excited:

My pu$$y tastes like pepsi cola
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NIGHTCRAWLER
3 hours ago, Blond said:

Well actually if you write song this is for you! You can find a GGD producer to collaborate w/ you

• Like 2

Oriane
4 hours ago, Blond said:

You can find a producer, or you can even give production a try. I know absolutely nothing about production but I did it by myself the last time, it was messy of course but it's fun to do.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

Harry
10 hours ago, tomsches said:

Dear @Harry

I am sorry that you Feel upset and I can truly understand where your disappointment comes from. Please Let me give you my point of View. 

It was stated from the beginning that you ser disqualified from the contest if you ser banned from this site. I had to disqualify 2 other members because they were banned during the sign up Stage. Even if you're Not entirely banned from this site but you are only restricted from Posting, it means that you broke the rules of the forum. You cannot win an online game in a Forum from which you are banned because you broke its rules. 

I decided to Keep you in the competition because I saw that you reveived so many points. And I still Wanted to Reward you for that. 

I wasnt Happy about the twist either but I had to do something because NUMEROUS contestants rightfully complained about the fact that not voting gives you an advantage and that it is unfair of them to send in a Song to promote without even caring to listen to the others work (I know you listened to the songs it concerned other members). So I thought someone should who actually played the game.

As far as I remember you got 12 points from almost everybody and in the end even though your points were divided by 2 you still reached nr 4. That is a lot of Appreciation I Think. And Please don't get me wrong but ranting over only being nr 4 in an online game is just as reality tv dramatic as the twist about which, again, I wasnt Happy. But I had to do something to ensure the game was fair for those who actually played it. 

Now he's gone is an amazing song and I still know the lyrics and the Melody. I hope you will continue writing such beautiful melodies and meaningful lyricd. Cant wait to hear more from you. 

That's all fine, and I understand. However as I said, it's not about me not winning or my final position. I feel like I quite clearly stated that, so it's kind of annoying that it's coming across like that. I hugely appreciate all of the votes that I got and it feels great to know that I got the most - I certainly didn't expect that. That song means a lot to me, so it was nice.

I would've rather just have been disqualified from the competition upon being banned. It's about the twist coming up as a last minute thing - I'd think that was silly even if I wasn't a contestant.

10 hours ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

I'm sorry you were disappointed in the game... The rules are the rules, and if you do not vote, it increases your chances to win, that's why we had to make it that way. That was nothing about dramatic reality TV-esque or whatever. You are talented. I hope you'll change your mind and take your revenge.

If rules are rules they should be stated from the beginning, not kept secret and brought up at the last minute for the sake of drama.

8 hours ago, Oriane said:

I remember you were able to watch the results and ask a friend to tell us that you were happy to win... Surely you could have found to way to send your rates ?

I think the "participants must vote" rule was logical, even if it was not stated in the original rules, it's obvious that if you care about this, you take the time to listen to the other songs and you vote. But a week before the results, I think not even half of the participants had voted. If only one or two people hadn't voted, it wouldn't have been a big deal I think, but here it was just rude from most of these participants who probably just didn't care enough.

@tomsches was kind enough to warn everyone a few days before the results so it wasn't even a big twist. Participants who didn't play along had it coming.

As I was banned I wasn't even visiting the site, so I didn't think to send. I only became aware of the results coming in because my friend texted me to tell me that I was winning. I hadn't thought about the contest in a long time. If I knew from the beginning that it was a requirement, I would've asked somebody to send them in for me.

It was a big twist that whoever didn't vote had their score cut in half. It only takes looking back through the thread and the reactions to know that. Especially going through each person one by one until finally landing on me to reveal that I was no longer the "winner". It was all very extra and I felt like it painted me out to not care about the competition or anybody else's work when I actually listened carefully to everybody and had my votes chosen.

So while I appreciate you giving your thoughts on the matter, you've obviously made up your mind about my intentions, as I saw from your reaction to my score being reduced, and won't listen to anything I say. So keep it.

Harry
7 hours ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

I could not agree more! Please @Harry leave that behind and join us for this very new season! :vegas:

I'll consider it. I have a lot that I'd like to share but I'm not feeling great about going into this with all of this negativity behind me as I feel it will affect my scores from other players. But we'll see.

• Like 1

Oriane
8 minutes ago, Harry said:

As I was banned I wasn't even visiting the site, so I didn't think to send. I only became aware of the results coming in because my friend texted me to tell me that I was winning. I hadn't thought about the contest in a long time. If I knew from the beginning that it was a requirement, I would've asked somebody to send them in for me.

It was a big twist that whoever didn't vote had their score cut in half. It only takes looking back through the thread and the reactions to know that. Especially going through each person one by one until finally landing on me to reveal that I was no longer the "winner". It was all very extra and I felt like it painted me out to not care about the competition or anybody else's work when I actually listened carefully to everybody and had my votes chosen.

So while I appreciate you giving your thoughts on the matter, you've obviously made up your mind about my intentions, as I saw from your reaction to my score being reduced, and won't listen to anything I say. So keep it.

I'll tell you how it felt for me, and probably a lot of people. It was easy to assume that most people who didn't vote simply didn't care, or wanted the advantage etc. Being banned is not something that happens so often so it wasn't the first thing we thought of. Imagine if it was the other way and you weren't banned at that moment. That's probably what you would have thought of the participants who didn't vote.

I know you're active on the forum, you've been here for a while, and music is your passion. By your answers in the thread I could see you genuinely cared about this and other people's music (you were one of the few who reacted with a like for every song that was posted, I remember that).

But when we had the results, that your friend said that you were happy to have won, and then minutes later we learnt that you didn't vote, it was weird. Not only you didn't vote, but you showed that you still cared about the results. It just felt like you posted your song only to win. It was disappointing and I'm sure you would understand that.

Maybe the participants could have been tagged but hey, if it's important for someone, they would just check the thread. Not obsessively of course but once in a while, especially when the results are coming soon. I think a lot of people voted after the announcement, even though they were not tagged. The rest voted before... Most of those who didn't vote after that probably didn't care enough. You were banned so I understand you didn't want to come here without be able to post and you forgot about the contest.

So if I understand well, your disappointment comes from the fact that you thought you were the winner but then learnt that your points were divided by half so finally you were not the winner ? I'm sorry it happened like this. The only reason why tomsches added the rule afterwards is because he thought people would naturally vote. We didn't expect this amount of non-voters. He had to do something. I still think he made the right choice, unfortunately it didn't turn good for you. Now that we know how it works, it's in the rules so hopefully something like this won't happen again.

And you think I've made up my mind because of a "shook" react ? See, everyone makes assumptions. With your explanation now I have understood your feelings and why you didn't vote then, so no, I didn't "make up my mind".

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 1

homomo

I don't know what happened last season but it makes me not want to join :saladga:

• Sad 1

Haralampos
33 minutes ago, Blond said:

Anyone who's a producer?

I have produced songs but I can't say that I am. Are you a composer only? Or you're a singer too? :)

Blond
1 minute ago, Harry X said:

I have produced songs but I can't say that I am. Are you a composer only? Or you're a singer too? :)

I've been writing songs since i was 13 :gaysia: (i'm 15 btw :awesome:)

My singing isn't good,but it really isn't really bad.Could work on that :sweat:

My pu$$y tastes like pepsi cola
  • Like 1

Haralampos
4 minutes ago, Blond said:

I've been writing songs since i was 13 :gaysia: (i'm 15 btw :awesome:)

My singing isn't good,but it really isn't really bad.Could work on that :sweat:

How you want to participate? As an artist or to write lyrics/music for another one?

NIGHTCRAWLER
10 minutes ago, Interstellar said:

I don't know what happened last season but it makes me not want to join :saladga:

don't worry sis, the past belongs to the past  :awesome: 

Let's have some fun your beats will be sick, I wanna take a ride on your melodies :rockstar:

Haralampos
16 minutes ago, Interstellar said:

You know what you have to know. There's no reason to worry or think about that. I know you already posted your song but you're still able to participate as long as you follow the rules. So I hope you join us! 👌

Edited by Harry X