GGD 2nd Original Song Contest: Summer Edition

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

Andreu
10 minutes ago, manuanota said:

We need to keep this thread alive!

So I have some questions for you all to answer if you’d like ^^

1. How old are you?

2. Since when did you start making music?

3. What is your favorite lady gaga song + album?

4. Where can we keep on following you after this contest is over? 

Let’s do this 😁

Two and half years

Song impossible to choose one/ Album ARTPOP

Instagram (link in my profile)

Soundcloud.com/andreusongs

http://andreusongs.blogspot.com/

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Haralampos
2 hours ago, manuanota said:

1. How old are you?

Let’s do this 😁

Don't participate but

1. I'm 27 y.o (I feel old between all of you)

2. I was writing songs since 9 or 10 (I'm not sure) and making music since 16.

3. I think Poker Face (also Bad Romace reminds me a good time of my life) and I love her first 4 albums but The Fame have a special place in my heart.

4. Anywhere with the username harryxmusic

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Oriane
3 hours ago, manuanota said:

1. How old are you?

Let’s do this 😁

Good idea !

1. I'm 22

2. I started to write song a few years ago, but it was mostly some lyrics and melodies here and there, I rarely wrote a whole song but I had lots of ideas that I kept somewhere. I started writing and producing full songs thanks to this contest. I thought it was the good occasion to finally try something and not just keep my lyrics and melodies hidden in my files, and never record or produce anything. To this day there are only two songs that I've completely wrote and produced, and these are the songs that I submitted for the contest.

3. My favorite album is Born this Way, followed very closely by ARTPOP and Joanne. My favorite song is Yoü and I, others include Paparazzi, Heavy Metal Lover, MANiCURE, Come to Mama...

4. You can find me here : https://soundcloud.com/user-205218193

But there's not a lot of content at the moment :selena:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Love 4

Cassidyfal
4 hours ago, manuanota said:

1. How old are you?

Let’s do this 😁

1. I'm 16

2. I wrote for many years, produced for 2 years.

3. Born This Way, hmm I can't choose a fav some but some of my tops are Hair and Bad kids:triggered:

4. Ya'll can keep me on IG and soundcloud (also TW/SC) @ICEYQUEUE 

:heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

manuanota
5 hours ago, manuanota said:

1. How old are you?

Let’s do this 😁

I’ll answer these myself now! Thanks for liking this idea, all! 😄 

1. I’m actually 27 too, that’s not old @Harry X;)

2. I was very young. Around 13 y.o. that I started producing songs. They sounded very weird back then tho. Still having my children’s voice. I don’t even dare to listen to those tracks I put on cd’s for some strange reason xD

3. I’ve been listening to Gypsy a lot lately. It’s such an amazing song. Album: I guess (the better half of) ARTPOP and probably Joanne. 

4. www.instagram.com/manuanota

and also manuanota pretty much everywhere. 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2018 at 2:09 PM, Quindy Warhol said:

Fetish for You - off my album Vainsexual

Vainsexual [noun/adjective]: someone who loves itself, its ambitions, its dreams first & believes in itself no matter what; someone who sees & uses Vanity as a way of self-discovery, not as something toxic. Not to be confused with being cocky or being a jerk.

#MirrorYourVanity

Guys, it's strange but I used to log in to GagaDaily with my Facebook account & I cannot anymore. I decided to clean my  browsing data & laptop & I cannot access the old account, as the "Sign In with Facebook" option is no longer available. Until I recover my old account/if so, I'll stay with this new one.

6 hours ago, manuanota said:

1. How old are you?

Let’s do this 😁

1. I'm 19, almost 20.
2. Since I was 14. Writing since I was 14, but I used to sing in the school choir before that.
3. Paparazzi, as my favorite song from many others. The Fame (you can clearly see its influence on me.
4. You got all the links to my social media on my SoundCloud account. @quindywarhol

Spoiler

I'm back with the promo! From a new account!

THE INSPIRATION

I have been in love with a punker for two years now. Everybody around me calls him GlueGun, as I nicknamed him this way based on a few things: a picture of him holding a big gun & the fact that he used to appear next to me OUT :derpga: OF :derpga: NOWHERE :derpga:  EVERY  :derpga: TIME:derpga:  I  :derpga: PLAYED :derpga:  POKE :derpga:  FACE !!! (stunnin' with my love gluegunning - the first he appeared next to me was during this line before the German had class started. & so, I was looking for a matching nickname & put everything together. Thus, GlueGun)

[photo removed]

THE SONG
"Fetish for You" started with a vision I had in my head. I just burst everything out, pen on paper, in 15 minutes. The melody & the lyrics (I changed them just a bit in the final version) came out of me instantly. & I was trying to find a new way to say "I need you. I lust you. But I also love you, though I don't want to let you know." It also deals with my confusion with love & lust, as well with that of being submissive or dominant.

THE LYRICS
The first two verses set the scene I envisioned while telling the story from my point of view as his lover.

I'll t-t-text you
When I get home
I'll lay down naked
& wait for you

Close all the curtains
No one should see
How crazy I am
& so you'll be

The pre-chorus says what happens after he gets home
Tape me tight & hold me right - I envisioned a kink that implied duct tape. I tell him to do this - I basically dominate, as he wouldn't do this 'cause he wants this;
Your body is my delight - it is;
Fix me up just for tonight - I lust you;
Baby, let me do you right - now, I'm all taped & held by you, but I want to pleasure you.

The chorus is a metaphor for "I need you". Which is true in real life as well. I realized this after I finished writing the song.

I've got a Fetish for You - I need you. I need you as someone with a fetish needs that stimuli to have pleasure.
(You know that I) - he realized I was in love with him, but I found out about this months after I wrote this song. I predicted this, ironically.

The third & fourth verse continues the story started in the first one.

S-snap a picture
When you're alone
I need to see you
In full control
 - being at his job in a dominant position as well. 

I wanna worship
Each part of you
- I want to please you because I love you... but do I?
You know I crave that
& so you do
 - I make it look like lust again.

The bridge has a contradiction - the confusion between love & lust - do I love you or do I lust you?

Bite me, hick me, mark me all - the line between pleasure & pain
I allow you full control
Kiss me, hug me, keep me warm - antithesis with the first line of the bridge; I like it rough but I also like you sweet. I lust you but I also love you. This is the confusion that I had for some time about my feelings towards him.
Control me, that's I am for - back again to lust
I'll take change & load your gun - actually, two self references in a lyric. "Load Your Gun" is a song I wrote about being repressive towards others, & the word Gun (along with the gun sound) is his name.
Pull my hair when you are done  - I don't want you sweet anymore. I don't want you to make love. Just please me & treat me kinky.
Under you's a lot more fun 
When you are about to ***
-  I want to be submissive again.

Gun inspired more than 30 records in the past two years, including some Gaga covers I made in late 2016-early 2017, including good sis Out of Control & Reloaded.

Spoiler

Maybe you don't like my version & that's OK, but I wanted to mention that as it's related to my inspiration for my song. :kara:

& I have a photo with him & me, when we met the first time as well. He heard this song & liked it a lot.

Spoiler

This song fits the theme of my album, Vainsexual, as it deals with lust & decadence. More information soon! (SOON :derpga:)

LOVE JUNKIE
8 hours ago, manuanota said:

1. How old are you?

1. 22

2. I've been singing my whole life :laughga: started writing poetry around 11/12 which eventually led to songwriting. Got into producing and composing at the same time around 14 or 15. I can't believe it's already been seven years :smh:

3. My gaga album ranking ARTPOP > BTW > TFM > The Fame > Joanne. I've never been able to pick a fav song but maybe Heavy Metal Lover or Bloody Mary or John Wayne (I honestly just need to listen to her discography all the way though and rank every track)

4. Instagram @eliongimoni or soundcloud.com/elion-gimoni (I'm still trying to "figure out my sound" (7 years in :deadbanana:) and all that so I haven't really gotten around to focusing on my online presence/promoting myself :saladga:)

I'd also like to know where all y'all live! As I mentioned in my post explaining my lyrics I live in Minnesota but more specifically in a small rural township outside of a small potato farming town :poot:

on a three day bender
  • Love 3

manuanota
57 minutes ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

1. 22

2. I've been singing my whole life :laughga: started writing poetry around 11/12 which eventually led to songwriting. Got into producing and composing at the same time around 14 or 15. I can't believe it's already been seven years :smh:

3. My gaga album ranking ARTPOP > BTW > TFM > The Fame > Joanne. I've never been able to pick a fav song but maybe Heavy Metal Lover or Bloody Mary or John Wayne (I honestly just need to listen to her discography all the way though and rank every track)

4. Instagram @eliongimoni or soundcloud.com/elion-gimoni (I'm still trying to "figure out my sound" (7 years in :deadbanana:) and all that so I haven't really gotten around to focusing on my online presence/promoting myself :saladga:)

I'd also like to know where all y'all live! As I mentioned in my post explaining my lyrics I live in Minnesota but more specifically in a small rural township outside of a small potato farming town :poot:

Great idea! That’s a perfect question I totally forgot to add. Everybody feel free to let us know where you’re from😁

I’m from the Netherlands

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Oriane
10 hours ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

Good idea ! I'm from France.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, manuanota said:

Great idea! That’s a perfect question I totally forgot to add. Everybody feel free to let us know where you’re from😁

I’m from the Netherlands

I'm from Romania. I've been to Belgium last year & lived there. So we were closed!

tomsches

I'm 26 from Vienna, Austria. 

I've been writing Songs forever now. I when wrote Songs in elementary school but I started producing when I was 18. I'm still trying to get a hang of it though. 

My favourite Songs are Paparazzi HML and the Edge of glory. My favourite album Musically is Joanne but nostalgically speaking it's born this Way since there are so many memories about it. 

You can follow me in soundcloud, YouTube or instagram. My name os tomsches on most platforms 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

tomsches

I've just finished a new song that I'd like to share with you! Keep in mind it's still a rough first version and I have to edit it a bit and the volume of the different voice layers has to be changed as well. And I feel like I finally have an album title for my "Synth/pop/nightsky"-project that my GGDSC-submission will also be a part of: The Rainfalls Between Us.

Anyway, this is my new song Álvaro. 

Álvaro

From rust to lust

To instant trust

And I finally feel again

I finally feel again

From mouth to mouth

From north to south

Touch me deep

Embrace the places that felt sore

Make me long for more

And I finally I grieve again