Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Man of the Woods era vs Joanne era

Arturo

Featured Posts

Arturo

I was thinking about the two eras and how similar they are. But overall it's apparent that MOTW failed to top the album that inspired it.
Thoughts?

1. Filthy = Perfect Illusion
(#9 / #15)

flop lead single with a decent debut peak but very short and tragic life on the H100.
the single sounds weird and experimental, unfit for radio, doesn't fit on the overall theme of the abloom.

2. Supplies = A-YO
(#71 / #66)
planned 2nd single that is eventually scrapped and not given a full radio release as planned

3. Say Something = Million Reasons
(#9 / #4)
(#15 on Pop Radio / #17 on Pop Radio)
(#8 on Hot Adult Contemporary / #5 on Hot AC)

most successful song on the album, a country-tinged song that represents the entire albums theme well

albums both #1 on the BB200.
SB
Successful tour

Pure album sales comparison (U.S):
410,000 MOTW
625,000 Joanne

SPS album sales comparison (U.S):
662,000 MOTW (G)
1.1 million (1x Platinum)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley

my favourite part about Filthy's and SS's chart run is that they both had a superbowl boost, Filthy released a month-ish before and SS about a week before whilst MR survived from 2016 until february but exploded up the charts for her HTS

interesting

tenor.gif?itemid=5418025

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

TheRoof
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

my favourite part about Filthy's and SS's chart run is that they both had a superbowl boost, Filthy released a month-ish before and SS about a week before whilst MR survived from 2016 until february but exploded up the charts

interesting

tenor.gif?itemid=5418025

in fact:

Million Reasons (2016/2017) *1 week in Top 10*
1st Week: #76
2nd Week: #57 
3rd Week: #57 
4th Week: #96
5th Week: #52 
6th Week: #62
7th Week: #70 
8th Week: #83 
9th Week: #86
10th Week: #96 
11th Week: #97 
12th Week: #4 - PEAK POSITION
13th Week: #18 
14th Week: #30 
15th Week: #30
16th Week: #29 
17th Week: #38
18th Week: #46
19th Week: #37 
20th Week: #41 
(knocked out)

vs

Say Something (2018)
1st Week: #9 - PEAK POSITION
2nd Week: #17 
3rd Week: #31
4th Week: #30 
5th Week: #29 
6th Week: #32 
7th Week: #26 
8th Week: #32 
9th Week: #33 
10th Week: #37
11th Week: #42
12th Week: #41
13th Week: #65
14th Week: #78 
15th Week: #88
16th Week: #100 
(knocked out)

tenor.gif?itemid=5418025

That J

I was wondering how the MOTW tour did. I never really saw anything about it but I could see it doing well enough. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

LGMonster95

Lol Joanne outsold his album WW just with it's US SPS. And people were saying that "Joanne did good just because of the Super Bowl" well JT doesn't seem to agree with this

Arturo
6 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

Lol Joanne outsold his album WW just with it's US SPS. And people were saying that "Joanne did good just because of the Super Bowl" well JT doesn't seem to agree with this

I don't know how his TEA and SEA can be so bad. 250,000 units from digital sales and streams.
Meanwhile Joanne has nearly 500,000 units from digital sales and streams.

LGMonster95
5 minutes ago, Arturo said:

I don't know how his TEA and SEA can be so bad. 250,000 units from digital sales and streams.
Meanwhile Joanne has nearly 500,000 units from digital sales and streams.

yeah and what did Gaga had to promote the album? PI which was a flop, then Million Reasons which had to fight to get on its way to the top. If Joanne had more singles (especially promoted) the numbers would have been bigger 

The Z
16 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

yeah and what did Gaga had to promote the album? PI which was a flop, then Million Reasons which had to fight to get on its way to the top. If Joanne had more singles (especially promoted) the numbers would have been bigger 

Yeah, people can keep saying that all the singles flopped BUT even though they hardly sold themselves, they actually sold the album very well

Flapjack

Of course he failed to top her, he's a vanilla top (doubt it) and she's a power bottom :stalkga:

Dunk96

Guess Justin at long last is no longer the tour de force he once was. Makes for some good tea though.

tenor.gif?itemid=5418025

LGMonster95
14 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

Yeah, people can keep saying that all the singles flopped BUT even though they hardly sold themselves, they actually sold the album very well

For an album like Joanne which was not even intended to be something to break the charts I think it did really good for what it is. Other artists couldn't pull this numbers with their mainstream music or if some did, it struggled to surpass it 

Moebius

Let's just ignore the fact that his album was released like 6 months ago while Joanne is almost 2 years old. And the fact that Justin is the older act by almost a decade IIRC.

Spoiler

but talent lost either way both kinda sucked

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

John Wayne

I guess MOTW underperformed because of the bad single choices. If he went with SS being the lead, the album would have definitely done better. MOTW is actually good tho, I really like it a lot, but again it wasn’t presented in the best way.

I would have gone with SS, Supplies, Montana and Breeze Off The Pond as singles.

Archived