đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did electropop age well?

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

GypsyBabe

I honestly think Applause has aged well and not just because I stan Gaga or the song. I’m not sure why that is. I feel that way about a lot of her hits. Like The Fame sounds a bit dated s as an album, but songs like Poker Face and Paparazzi have aged well imo (or maybe its just nostalgia).

⚯͛

huttont

I personally think it aged well. I think any kind of music is acceptable at any time. ...I liked it then, so why not now?

The Z
41 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

I honestly think Applause has aged well and not just because I stan Gaga or the song. I’m not sure why that is. I feel that way about a lot of her hits. Like The Fame sounds a bit dated s as an album, but songs like Poker Face and Paparazzi have aged well imo (or maybe its just nostalgia).

I didn't expect it, but DWUW aged really bad. Bad Romance and Just Dance also start to sound dated too imo. Paparazzi and Poker Face still sound fresh

27monster27

I think that a factor besides electropop also plays into this. It has to do with uniqueness. Songs that sound a lot more unique tend to age better because there are less songs like them. Pokerface is a great example of this, same with Bad Romance. I am not saying that other songs sound generic, and I am not saying that that is necessarily bad, but I hope that you get my point.

he/him/his

elijahfan

Things get old pretty quickly nowadays.

Early 00' electropop, however? Timeless.

Archived