Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

"A Star Is Born" soundtrack

The Z

Featured Posts

The Z

Hello Monsters,

How do you think Interscope will treat the ASIB soundtrack? Like another EP, or rather like a true Gaga album? Will they promote the **** out of it (à la Million Reasons/Cheek To Cheek)?

Also, what will it's title be? Because "A Star Is Born (Soundtrack)" just sound horrible, I'd rather have just "A Star Is Born"

Have a nice day. :oops:

Seashell Boy

It’ll be treated like what it is: a soundtrack for a motion picture, and it’ll probably be credited to “Various Artists”, with Gaga or Bradley’s names on the individual songs. 

It will probably be titled A Star Is Born (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), or words to that effect. 

PunkTheFunk
4 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

Also, what will it's title be? Because "A Star Is Born (Soundtrack)" just sound horrible, I'd rather have just "A Star Is Born"

A Wig Is Snatched: Owiginal Motion Wigture Soundsnatch

The Z
3 minutes ago, Seashell Boy said:

It’ll be treated like what it is: a soundtrack for a motion picture, and it’ll probably be credited to “Various Artists”, with Gaga or Bradley’s names on the individual songs. 

It will probably be titled A Star Is Born (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), or words to that effect. 

That would be TERRIBLE :toofunny:

monketsharona

As a sountrack :  Promo for the musical movie

I don't see it being treated as a full album knowing she won't be the only one singing songs on it. So as said before I'd say as a Various Artists record

Damon

It's just a soundtrack, so don't expect big promo, if we are lucky and the first single is big, Interscope may put some coins and make it better

... and now i just sit in silence.

RAMROD

It will be a soundtrack, cos that is what it is. Even Black Panther album that is curated exclusively by Kendrick Lamar, or Mockingjay Part.1 curayed by Lorde are still treated as soundtrack, and not their new album. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

The Z
1 minute ago, monketsharona said:

As a sountrack :  Promo for the musical movie

I don't see it being treated as a full album knowing she won't be the only one singing songs on it. So as said before I'd say as a Various Artists record

Gaga will 100% sing a lot more than Bradley on the record, it's obvious. Warner Bros and Interscope both know that 99% of the album buyers will buy it for Gaga and not for Bradley

monketsharona
3 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

Gaga will 100% sing a lot more than Bradley on the record, it's obvious. Warner Bros and Interscope both know that 99% of the album buyers will buy it for Gaga and not for Bradley

But still can you call an album a Lady Gaga album with some songs she's not singing on it ? 

It is a soundtrack and will be treat for what it is... The question is will they push some songs as singles for radios or just some promo songs here and there ? Not sure the material will be radio radio friendly tbh

The Z
6 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

It will be a soundtrack, cos that is what it is. Even Black Panther album that is curated exclusively by Kendrick Lamar, or Mockingjay Part.1 curayed by Lorde are still treated as soundtrack, and not their new album. 

It's different, first of all because they're several singers/rappers, and Gaga is the only musition in here + this is Bradley's first time singing. And Gaga hates rough things like adding "Soundtrack" to a title lol

But you're probably right though

Edit: no I Like It Rough jokes please

Bradley

I think most movie soundtracks are promoted through the popularity of the movie. Like if you want the soundtrack to be huge, make the movie huge.

The only thing they can do is to push some singles off the soundtrack and the rest is up to how well the movie does.

The Z
1 minute ago, monketsharona said:

But still can you call an album a Lady Gaga album with some songs she's not singing on it ? 

It is a soundtrack and will be treat for what it is... The question is will they push some songs as singles for radios or just some promo songs here and there ? Not sure the material will be radio radio friendly tbh

Isn't Cheek To Cheek a Gaga album? :oprah: And it's not even original songs so...

Shallow will most likely get the single treatment, it's powerful enough to be a Million Reasons kind of hit

monketsharona
3 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

Isn't Cheek To Cheek a Gaga album? :oprah: And it's not even original songs so...

Shallow will most likely get the single treatment, it's powerful enough to be a Million Reasons kind of hit

CTC is a Tony / Gaga album... It is not considered as LG5... 

Don't forget MR needed the SB to be a hit though... 

TropicOfCANCER
10 minutes ago, kevinsteve said:

I think it’ll be 50/50. Even the trailer contains more of Bradley’s music. 

MaryJaneHolland

They wont be promoting the soundtrack. 

They will be promoting the movie and the music will be their tool.

What I'm trying to say is that she won't be out doing interviews talking about the music, she will be promiting the movie and just drop a line or two about it.

There might be a song they send to radio and upload on YT, but I dont think there will be actual singles.

Archived