💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

EW lists A Star Is Born as an Oscar contender

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

So I made two threads earlier on Oscar predictions and they were lists made by AwardsCircuit and IndieWire, EntertainmentWeekly recently just released their list of Oscar contenders and A Star Is Born made it to the list and was included.

Oscars 2019: Lady Gaga, Timothée Chalamet, and other contenders on the horizon

Categories to look out for: Best Picture, Best Director (Bradley Cooper), Best Actress (Lady Gaga), Best Actor (Bradley Cooper), Best Cinematography, Best Original Song, Best Sound Mixing

Teaming with lead actress Lady Gaga and a powerful industry legacy (this marks the fourth adaptation of the age-old Hollywood romance about a budding ingénue’s passionate bond with an experienced performer) could prove to be a winning combination for first-time director Bradley Cooper. With several acting nominations to his credit, Cooper makes the jump behind the camera with a score of Oscar-verified talent in tow: Cooper and Gaga are prior nominees, as are cinematographer Matthew Libatique and sound designer Steve Morrow — meaning the film is primed to rack up points with the Academy’s craft branches, too. A Star Is Born stands to flex real muscle, however, with the all-important precursor guilds like SAG and the DGA, both made up of entertainers who love recognizing stories about their industry, produced within their industry (Birdman, Chicago, and The Artist, anyone?). That sounds like the framework for an awards season success story written in the stars to us. —Joey Nolfi

http://ew.com/awards/2019-oscar-predictions/#a-star-is-born-dir-bradley-cooper

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DoremonLove

Omg all this oscar hype:excited2: more n more excited for the movie:excited2: 

How can anoyone not love gaga

Kimmo

Another day another praise  :golfclap: 

at this point ASIB is promoting itself  :vegas:

Hottie Detector

Miel

The hype really is born, Jesus.

I'm trying to keep my expectations neutral, but goodness gracious.

3 points in and ready for more

MaryJaneHolland

All this Oscar buzz, I'd be let down if it doesn't get nominated :messga:

SolidSnake

They may give best director to Bradley Cooper. I could see it. Dont put your hopes on best picture.

androiduser
4 minutes ago, SolidSnake said:

They may give best director to Bradley Cooper. I could see it. Dont put your hopes on best picture.

Best Picture has more nominees than Best Director, so the other way around is more likely.... I think Bradley Cooper for Best Actor is most likely, more than any other major category

SolidSnake
2 minutes ago, androiduser said:

Best Picture has more nominees than Best Director, so the other way around is more likely.... I think Bradley Cooper for Best Actor is most likely, more than any other major category

Nah, the academy loves Bradley Cooper and he has poured a lot into this movie. I would guess best director is more likely TO WIN. ASIB will likely NOT win best picture. 

Sneaky Oliver

We deserve a nom at least so Gaga can go there and serve red carpet looks and The Shallow live performance

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Pop Music

Best Actress :tony:

Best Original Song :tony: 

The hype and anticipation is literally killing me :gum:

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

BlingNotTheMusic

If I see Gaga win an Oscar in 2019, I can die and go to heaven kthxbye. :vegas:

Babel

Imagine debuting as a major role in a movie and already being considered for an Oscar

Our fave :diane: 

mariomania1234

Even being nominated TWICE would be an honor, let alone a win.

Archived