Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Matangi/Maya/M.I.A release date announced

ryanripley

Featured Posts

Matangi

I saw this at the showing in NYC. Brilliant brilliant and so inspiring. This woman cannot not credited enough for her activism and artistry. So excited American audiences will get to see it, we need an understanding of politics and artists outside of the West.

ryanripley
8 minutes ago, bionic said:

What is this? A documentary of MIA's work?

i think focuses more on her political work and career as a whole instead of just her work but i can't remember exactly

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

AshIey
29 minutes ago, Matangi said:

I saw this at the showing in NYC. Brilliant brilliant and so inspiring. This woman cannot not credited enough for her activism and artistry. So excited American audiences will get to see it, we need an understanding of politics and artists outside of the West.

I came in here thinking it was a biopic but this sounds even better, hope I get a chance to see it.

Mer Girl

I really hope this shows in KC, but typically don't get the good smaller movies

Damon

omg yes :giveup: eish she gets all the recognition she deserves, such a powerful woman

... and now i just sit in silence.

Earthling

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas my Woke Kweeeeen :tony:

*she switched baristas. ☕️

Matangi
2 hours ago, bionic said:

What is this? A documentary of MIA's work?

It's basically a documentary of MIA's life, and not so focused on her musical career, even though it clearly plays out as massively important. Maya started out as a visual artist and a documentary filmmaker, and throughout her childhood/life she always recorded videos of her family, her life in London and Sri Lanka/India, making music and everything. She had thousands of hours of footage and she gave it all to her friend who ended up taking almost a decade to edit and piece it all together into this biopic.

No shade to 5F2 at all, but I have not seen a more powerful artist biopic/documentary in my life than this one. It's so significant to tell MIA's story in our current climate that is turning against immigrants and globalism.

Matangi

this was the trailer from several years back, but it gives you an idea of how it is made up from collected footage that MIA took herself throughout her life and career.

phantasmas

i thought that this was already out :toofunny: i spent a whole day looking for it online

Archived