Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I don't care for Beyonce's new album

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

Is it just me or is there just not as much hype for this album? I listened to Apeshit and I did think it was ****. It didn't make me want to hear the rest of the album after that. Is it doing well so far? I don't think it'd be even close to Lemonade's impact, and that'd be kinda sad.

Bradley

Another second, another Beyonce thread :bon:

The timing the album was dropped is odd, like in the middle of their tour? If they released it before the tour began and included some new songs on the setlist, it would have made much more sense, but they dropped it like four shows into the tour and never even included the lead single in the setlist.

It's not doing impressive, since it failed to debut at #1 in the UK nor in the US. But still it received critical acclaim from critics and many critics praised it to the heavens. I mean I personally enjoyed the album but I don't think it deserves 'universal acclaim'.

Considering the acclaim that it got, I actually think it will be an Album of the Year contender next year at the 2019 Grammys. Hopefully I'm wrong though cause I don't think it deserves AOTY at all.

KleinGa

Listened to the album in full once and already forgot all of it.

yup, it was that forgettable 

Gohan

Well, you seem to care and that's why you created this thread :vegas:

But anyway, it's a joint album with a... rapper. What did you expect? Bops? The last time they did real magic was with Crazy In Love honestly. Wait for her new solo project and see if you are into it or not.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

bionic

I don't think too many people are here for Jay's offbeat rapping and Bey's mumbling over hiphop beats.

buy bionic

Guest JolanJoringel

It might not be musically groundbreaking, but as a statement coming from the most influential black power couple in the American entertainment world, it is important and interesting. And I love her rapping. And i like the idea of the Lemonade - 4:44 - Everything Is Love - trilogy aswell!

Miel

I like both of them, but this album is a slight misstep, in my opinion. Hopefully their next work is better!

3 points in and ready for more

The Z
Just now, L E O said:

Except this isn't Beyoncé's album. It's Bey's AND Jay's. 

Yeah so it's Beyoncé's

Guest JolanJoringel
3 minutes ago, L E O said:

Except this isn't Beyoncé's album. It's Bey's AND Jay's. 

THIS! A very important point to consider. So do not compare it to Lemonade.

Archived