💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you miss this Beyoncé?

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

Chickens in Malibu

This is the time when I became a fan of Beyoncé. 2009/2010 is when we started to see the peak of her vocal performance, as she also started to channel more classic genres. 

But I feel, that the GP (which always has garbage taste) didn't do her justice. And that's the time Beyoncé started flopping, when she actually became more authentic, real and more into classics. But then, when Beyoncé distanced herself from the media, jumped on the urban trend and started being a bit egotistical and too business-oriented with her marketing, that's when she found success.

Why do people have such bad taste really? Why do we favor artists who brag about themselves and their success in their lyrics, over authentic artists who deliver nothing but beautiful vocals and humble lyrics.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

You mean you are one of those bandwagon Yoncé fan :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Borislshere

Self-titled and Lemonade were authentic though. This latest album with her husband was Just something fun.  If you miss the "old Beyonce" just go listen to her old music. :shrug: 

Chickens in Malibu
1 hour ago, Borislshere said:

Self-titled and Lemonade were authentic though. This latest album with her husband was Just something fun.  If you miss the "old Beyonce" just go listen to her old music. :shrug: 

Self-titled was good but the era overall too business-oriented for my taste.

Lemonade had some good songs, but overall I didn't like it. I have yet to find a single song where her vocals were as good as as her older songs. It felt like she jumped on the more urban trend in Lemonade. And Formation wasn't a good song for me. I liked Don't Hurt Yourself but that's about it.

And her newest album is a disaster. If her next solo is going to be like this, RIP Beyoncé with the beautiful vocals.

Raccoon

tumblr_maazham9TX1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

People say Lemonade is authentic as hell but did she write these? giphy.gif

Sometimes I feel it's all Jay-Z's fault and his influence on her...

BRING THE OLD BEYONCÉ BACK

Ghy1enf.gif

"The scars on my mind are on replay"

Borislshere
Just now, Raccoon said:

People say Lemonade is authentic as hell but did she write these? 

She didn't write any of the old sh*t either so your point? 

Raccoon
4 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

She didn't write any of the old sh*t either so your point? 

But she served some vocals...

She used to write for Destiny's Child tho :trollga:

"The scars on my mind are on replay"

culturalbaptism

I miss her B'Day era. Was my favorite one.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

Haroon

She did some performances like that during BEYONCE too though, like the one of XO at the Brit Awards :confused:

Also I don't think Sasha Fierce was a flop at all, I remember seeing and hearing about her everywhere back then. She had If I Were A Boy and Single Ladies (viral) and some others too, it was like single after single she was everywhere. Not all were hits but not all can be I guess :laughga: She's always been successful, just not as successful during 4 but still good. I don't really understand it when people say that she's only been successful or big since BEYONCE, she was already big and famous and everything and been pretty consistent ever since leaving Destiny's Child in my opinion :sweat: BEYONCE and Lemonade brought her up to a different level but she's always been up there :shrug:

The part where she brags in her lyrics is empowerment and shows celebration in one's self. People find strength and courage through being able to appreciate themselves and Beyonce lets them feel that. Not all of her songs are like that at all, but the ones that are are for that end purpose I think. Not to be like "praise me", but more to be like "praise yourselves" :flutter:

KURUSHITOVSKA

I Am Sasha Fierce was the best Beyonce she could do.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Sunny

I am is still the last Beyonce album I genuinely enjoyed from start to finish, the era was amazing, the visuals - everything

I like dancin', and ponies....

ryanripley

but self titled and Lemonade are some of the best polished albums of today, she went from basic pop records to literal pieces of art and doesn't matter she didn't right every single word

this website needs to chill in bashing her for that because she doesn't preach about writing her own music

take what she offers you or go put your energy into artists you like

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ItsTommyBitch

Beyonce going urban and more hip-hop is fine with me, the songs sound more mature and realized, and she's always been in that "mood" tbh. She doesn't have to make top 40 concessions though anymore, we already know she can do it if she wants to.

She does also have the best voice in the industry though, so I understand wanting that part of her back from a fan perspective. That being said, Self titled is still her best record to me. Lemonade is socially and visually unrivaled, but musically I only use the slow songs actually :laughga: (Pray You Catch Me, All Night, Love Drought, Sandcastles, and then Sorry is a bop :sis: ) I can still listen to Self-titled top to finish. 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

highlikegaga

y'all saying Self-Titled or I am are her best albums.

Not when this exist

51niFWqZ5XL.jpg

/thread

ModernEcstasy

I love Bey. 

But she’s become a little too “Hood” for my taste. 

I definitely miss Pop/RnB Beyoncé. (Even though Formation is my fave song from her). 

Archived