💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Everything is flopping this 2018

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

NewYorkCity
2 minutes ago, Interstellar said:

I turned 18 in 2013 (which is bar age in most places around Canada) So I got to experience the final stages of the dance/edm/electrosynth era in bars and clubs. :giveup: 

There was nothing better than being super wasted, and hearing either Applause, Summertime Saddness, Scream & Shout, or I Love It start playing:giveup::giveup: 

Here it was easier then to sneak into a bar o even a club when you were 16 :vegas: I had the chance to bop my ass to Please Don’t stop the music, Umbrella, Piece Of Me, Womanizer, Circus, when I grow up, 4 Minutes, can’t be tamed, Party in the USA, single Ladies, Poker Face, Just Dance, Bad Romance, Alejandro, Telephone, Boom boom boom, I gotta feeling, Hot and cold, I kissed a girl... and a very long etc. 

Now I don’t even wanna stay in a club for more than one hour. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123

Not all good music is there sLaYiNg the cHaRtz. There is a lot of great music out there, don’t just focus on what you see on Billboard. 

2 hours ago, kevinsteve said:

"this 2018": Is there another 2018?

There is, if you believe multiverse theory.

RAMROD

What?!

BLACKPINK certainly and most definitely NOT a flop :sis:

72 Million views just less in one week :sis:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Magneto

A few good arguments have already been mentioned, but I'd also like to add that the music industry has fragmented because of the internet, so everyone can decide what they wanna listen to. New iconic megastars comparable to Madonna, Britney or MJ can no longer be 'forced' onto the entire gp by just a hand full of radio- and tv-stations.

Free my mind

Bradley

Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande are dropping albums, so at least we have something.

Earlier in the year I was also listening to Shawn Mendes and Charlie Puth, who dropped an incredible album, Voicenotes, so I'm not complaining much.

Also Beyonce and Jay-Z dropped Everything is Love.

Mirrion Rizzons
1 hour ago, Lagg said:

Bummer. How was being a 6/7 year old when Gaga came in to the music scene in 2008 ?

2008-2011 was a golden age for modern music. You'd hardly hate anything that was on the radio. :diane:

very nostalgic, most hits from 2008-2011 have a special place in my heart as I associate it with my childhood :)

Thomas P
5 hours ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

It makes me sad how you monsters who are 20+ had bops during your teen years but I'm 16 and have to deal with this hip hop epidemic :saladga:

This

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P

I find that each year since 2016 there has only been one album that’s stuck with me, and a couple songs that I use a lot.

Last summer I literally listened to nothing but Melodrama, and Ctrl, because nothing stood out to me. This year is like a heightened version of last year where I can’t really get into much at all. 

Troye, Bey, Ariana, and that’s about it this year.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

LePetitGAGABLover
5 hours ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

same! imagine if gaga emerged in 2016 instead, 2018 would be 2010Ga rn breaking streaming and youtube records:vegas:

5 hours ago, Frivolero said:

SAME. Literally every day in school they still play Gucci gang :saladga:

I wish I could have grown up with gaga more. 

I was in high school during Gaga's peak (i.e. 2010-2014). It was AMAZING tbh:vegas:

fixationoraI

stop looking at the US charts, they got Tr*mp as president, what were you expecting? :triggered:

Borislshere

Y’all need to stop relying on charts to tell you what “good music” is. Go and explore different artist and genres and SUPPORT those artists. Part of the issue is how much everything is illegally downloaded. 

JudasJustDance

Okay :saladga:I was 5 when PF , BR etc. we’re at there prime ... God I wish I was atleast 10 when they were released . Granted ,most of her hits I knew at that time(BR . PF etc) but ARTPOP was on the radio a lot , bopped to that.

JudasJustDance

And by god this ‘era’ of hip-hop is ...... Gaga come slay us all :derpga:

LeJudas

I think it's because nothing is new and exciting. Everything is the same and uninspired. Everybody is hopping on whatever trend and being unoriginal.

Someone has to break the cycle, but nobody is courageous enough anymore. Our momma Gaga needs to come back and show people how it's done. Joanne was totally different than everything released at that time and it is ****ing iconic and legendary. :vegas: :staymad:

Archived