💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did Gaga ignite the full-fledged potential of Beyoncé?

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

Chickens in Malibu

Please keep in mind that this is just an opinion. In no way shape or form, I'm giving Gaga credit for Beyoncé's recent success. But here's my reading on what happened in the music industry after 2008.

There are many similarities between Gaga and Beyoncé. Regardless of the ups and down of both o them, these two artists are the female artists that are taken most seriously in the music industry along with Adele and Taylor Swift. But the reason I say Gaga and Beyoncé, is because they both have something other female artists don't: great live performance and the ability to put up a good show in terms of both vocals and choreography. Prior to Gaga fame, Beyoncé was uncontested in that regard. She was the female artist with the best live performances.

When Gaga arrived on the scene, she immediately got the attention of Beyoncé, who asked her to do a remix with her etc.. But as the years go by, Gaga was no longer a 2008/2009 pop sensation. She was cementing her place as a big pop star that can actually have very good album sales and very successful tours (TFM Ball grossed over 250$M). And Born This Way, Gaga's third album really confirmed that, with the lead single being N1 and the album selling over 1M copies in its first week (around 700k if we discount Amazon sales, which is still a huge figure, bigger than Katy Perry's, Beyoncé's etc in that year).

I think that 2011 and Beyoncé's "4" album was a defining moment in her career. She felt threatened by the risk of slipping into irrelevance like Madonna, JLO etc... as new pop star with good vocals, good stage presence, good album, good touring income, is emerging. And I feel that Beyoncé took control of her career after the underperformance of "4" against BTW and 21, and had to reinvent herself as this mysterious Beyoncé who stay away from the media and release well-done albums by surprise etc... And I think that was really a great decision and I feel she unlocked her full potential and has shown no sign of slowing down. And I would probably add that the Rise of Adele also played a role in this.

But the reason why I say Beyoncé did really look at Gaga's career and compete with her in 2011, because this is indirectly her own words. In an interview with Piers Morgan. When asked about whether she has rivals she can compete with and compare to, she answered with "Gaga" adding that she respects her and she wouldn't consider her as a rival.

Sneaky Oliver

Did Gaga ignite the full-fledged potential of every pop artist? YES :ohwell:

Ot: I like your text! So smart and not disrespectful

I’m on my Legacy Act era

teawhore
5 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Ot: I like your text! So smart and not disrespectful

THIS! it takes skill to write a sensitive topic like this without offending anybody 👏🏻 

♡ nyc ♡

SolidSnake

Nah, I dont like Beyonce but she was still a huge name already. Gaga had next to no impact on B's career in fact id argue B gave Gaga more relevance with Telephone due to the fact it was a big name collabing with her. 

Gaga brought the best out of every popstar and including Beyoncé herself. :trollga: But sometimes I believe they helped eachother. 

I’m not being pompous, but Gaga stepped into the industry with something the other girls couldn’t do which was theatrics. Gaga would give vocals, choreo, props, outfits/wigs, visuals, instruments, and theater acts all in one show. 

Outside of the silly rumors, people took Gaga very seriously and always keep up with her when it comes to her craft and talent which is one the reasons why she very respected. 

It was only right for Beyoncé to have that same effect too! After the 4 era I notice how much Gaga was in Bey’s work. (Not saying Beyoncé copied her but she caught on and understood Gaga’s style which the other girl failed to do). 

That’s how Beyoncé became the egnima diva popstar we all love today just like Gaga.

lady_gaga_mtv_ema_actuacion-640x640x80.jbeyonce-fans-freak-out-after-realizing-t

Chickens in Malibu

Right, I do think they influence each other. I'm sure in the Super bowl the performance that Gaga looked up to the most is Beyoncé's. Friendly and open-minded competition certainly helps both of them.

MeloArtDramaPop

That Beyonce interview really showed me how normal of a girl beyonce is, and she’s actually very approachable and like girl-next-doory which Id prefer for her then her “woke” persona. 

MeloArtDramaPop
30 minutes ago, SolidSnake said:

Nah, I dont like Beyonce but she was still a huge name already. Gaga had next to no impact on B's career in fact id argue B gave Gaga more relevance with Telephone due to the fact it was a big name collabing with her. 

I dont think so, since Gaga was at the height of her relevancy at that time. But I do believe that both got smth out of Telephone. Beyonce got a jumpstart and Gaga got credibilty

21 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Friendly and open-minded competition certainly helps both of them.

Agreed! I believe at this point they both know eachother aren’t going anywhere and no one in the industry can touch/challenge them unless its eachother. 

21 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

I'm sure in the Super bowl the performance that Gaga looked up to the most is Beyoncé's. 

I disagree cause if she really looked up Beyoncés then she would’ve dropped a new single the day/week of the Superbowl. :sweat: But I’m sure she did like how she admired Whitney’s National Anthem prior to her doing her own in 2016. 

Phlop
49 minutes ago, KING said:

I disagree cause if she really looked up Beyoncés then she would’ve dropped a new single the day/week of the Superbowl. :sweat: But I’m sure she did like how she admired Whitney’s National Anthem prior to her doing her own in 2016. 

Beyoncé didn’t drop new music when she headlined. Only at her second super bowl did she.

BYE

Werk
1 hour ago, nicolasrumet said:

Friendly and open-minded competition certainly helps both of them.

Ooh I love this quote 

Bradley

I'm sure artists, not just Gaga and Beyonce, influence and compete with each other all the time. It's one way to better and improve yourself on your craft and artistry.

But if you ask me, maybe in the earlier days, perhaps in 2011/2012 I think Beyonce was influenced by the way Gaga delivered her live performances but not so much nowadays.

If you look at BEYONCE and Lemonade, she took very little cues from pop music and delivered her own unique sound, and the way she performed was very non-conformative of pop music either. She hired a very unique choreographer and musical director to choreograph her performances and cemented herself as one of the most respected superstars of our generation.

Gaga however is more of a pop superstar who is on top of her game, rather than an R&B artist like Beyonce is. If you ask me who's very much influenced by her decisions even in recent days I would say Katy Perry. Katy looks up to Gaga so much and she stans everything Gaga does :bon: she told us to buy Perfect Illusion, she said she would like to collaborate with Gaga the most out of all artists, and she fangirled over the A Star Is Born trailer in just minutes after the trailer was released. I also think you can see some very obvious influence in Perry's performances - colourful visuals and interludes, theatrics, outlandish outfits, etc.

So yeah I think Perry is more influenced by Gaga than Beyonce is.

Space Cowboy

I wouldn't say that but I would say that Beyoncé refences Gaga ALOT. So she must admire her? I wonder why they've never performed live. Does she expect too much money? Is she 'Holier then thou'? Or is it Gaga? Has gaga never invited her? It's so odd. Like during the monster ball tour bey and jay were there and Gaga performed Telephone. Why didn't Beyoncé join? I lowkey think bey is intimidated. Which is weird because Gaga admires her. And um she's BEYONCÉ.

LG was a game changer and made every artist try a little harder. Bey included. Adele is another game changer who made artists put more effort in making an ALBUM.

Today, however, I'd say Bey is a game changer and other artists (probably LG as well) look to see what she does.

Archived