💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

ASIB(2018) Production History

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga

Was just on wiki reading this, think it is so bizarre to imagine a version of this film directed by Clint Eastwood w beyonce and Leo DiCaprio :wtfga:

“In January 2011, it was announced that Clint Eastwood was in talks to direct Beyoncé in a third remake of the 1937 film A Star Is Born; however, the project was delayed due to Beyoncé's pregnancy. In April 2012, writer Will Fetters told Collider that the script was very inspired by Kurt Cobain. Talks with Leonardo DiCaprio, Will Smith, and Christian Bale failed to come to fruition, while Tom Cruise still remained in talks. On October 9, 2012, Beyoncé left the project, Johnny Depp also rejected the film, and Bradley Cooper was in talks to star. Eastwood was interested in Esperanza Spalding to play the female role. On March 24, 2015, Warner Bros. announced that Cooper was in final talks to make his directorial debut with the film, and potentially to star with Beyoncé, who was in talks to rejoin. Cooper would eventually star alongside Lady Gaga in the film. On August 16, 2016, it was reported that Gaga had been officially attached and the studio had green-lit the project to begin production early 2017.”

Just think it’s cool to look at all the possibilities that apparently went into consideration.  Over the course of 6 years!  could you guys imagine this movie any way else?

♥ Kindness Police.

Bradley

Fun fact: For those of you who are worried of Bradley Cooper's direction, he said he spent the last THREE years working on this project alone and apart from voicing Rocket Raccoon, he hasn't really done anything else in the movie industry and has been absent at the Oscars for some consecutive years.

I think he worked really hard on it and the hard work has really paid off.

thierryrreiht

Sometimes
the stars align perfectly
and the right people are at the right place at the right time. Gaga's role as Ally is the result of a long process. Imagine her being considered in January 2011, before Born This Way (song) was even released... but in 2017-2018, it couldn't be a better timing. 

I cannot wait for this movie

Pierre

Considering Bradley was already in final talks, he for sure already had his vision for the film, and I can't see Beyonce playing Ally in the way he wanted it. After the trailer I can't see anybody but Gaga playing her tbh, probably Brie Larson but just for the look, I don't know if she sings.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Bebe

A Beyonce/Will Smith combination would have been interesting, obviously both have a musical background and it would have been really cool to see some diversity. I could see that version being a really modern take. Esperanza Spalding is a great talent, but I don't think the film can be carried without a BIG name attached to the lead female role. I'll admit it though, it would have been pretty cool to see her beginnings in some small bar up there with her double bass just jamming.

I don't see Tom Cruise being a good fit, Leo is a great actor but skeptical if he has the vocal chops, I really don't like Christian Bale tbh but Johnny Depp actually would have been a great choice. Glad he isn't in the role now though considering everything that went down with Amber Heard :wtf: 

I think the Clint Eastwood version had a pretty different vision with his take. It feels as if though the current story has taken from Gaga's personal experience a little and the roles have really been tailored to fit Gaga and Cooper. In the end I think it's a very strong casting, probably the strongest pairing I can imagine out of the options. I rate them both above Beyonce/Will Smith only because I think Beyonce has this "Perfect" image and everything is so tightly choreographed - Gaga is a little more raw and 'gritty' which I think suits the film. Still think a Beyonce/Will Smith version would have been really strong, I just can't help but think the story would be a little less gritty then the version we are getting.

Quasi

Your title. "A Is Star Born" :selena:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

River

Queen of stealing honey from the bee :diane:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

LeJudas

I can't imagine anyone else playing Ally tbh. 

Gaga is perfect for this role and I'm glad that things happened that lead to Gaga playing the role. The other actors don't seem like a good match and can't sing except Beyoncé, B has vocals and acted a few times as well... Bradley & Gaga are the perfect combination honestly.

Gracious Gaga
29 minutes ago, Quasi said:

Your title. "A Is Star Born" :selena:

Home girl thank u:cryga:

♥ Kindness Police.

justanothergay

The only other deserving person is Esperanza Spalding. She slays and we stan.

that boy that boy that boy that boy that boy That Boy THAT BOY is a MONSTER

CannaeDrive
1 hour ago, Gonzi said:

Bradley confirmed in 2015 that Beyoncé was never in talks for the movie and that it was just a rumor.

https://www.eonline.com/videos/243759/bradley-cooper-denies-beyonce-joining-a-star-is-born

Another proof that you can't trust Wikipedia as a reliable source.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Gonzi
5 minutes ago, CannaeDrive said:

Another proof that you can't trust Wikipedia as a reliable source.

yeah :sweat: someone should try to edit that article. 

Archived