Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Could Diamond Heart Survive As A Single?

Twitter

Featured Posts

Bradley

Survive? It would have thrived as a lead single.

I don't get why people keep saying that it's not single-material. It has awesome lyrics, it would have fitted into the Superbowl setlist, and if it were promoted at the Superbowl it would have had awesome chart performance.

But of course Gaga needs to promote it outside the Superbowl for the radio to pick it up.

TheLameMonster

A question: how is Diamond Heart not radio-friendly? 

I think it could survive, maybe longer than PI

I’m not flawless but I got a diamond heart

Ziggy

Nope for the simple reason that if she can't sing PI consistently enough for promo then she can't do Diamond Heart either (which we know). A-YO would have been the best other song because she had consistently great, fun vocals in those performances. MR obviously works as well.

cjdamien

I personally think so which means it probably wouldn't because I always tend to like the songs the GP doesn't. I don't think any of the big singles are in my top favorites and the stuff I love in general is always considered fringe. But I think DH would sound great on the radio and I still crank it every time it comes on in the car which is still at least every other day. I do agree that repeated performances would have been difficult but I would be interested to see how she would've changed it up each time like she always does with the piano versions and all that. 

• 3 months later...
Teal Ambition
Just now, miki said:

B

Just now, miki said:

O

Just now, miki said:

P

You need to stop doing this in every thread :saladga:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Gagadonna

It would have been more representative of Joanne as an album and an era, but it would have been a flop as well + would not have appealed to Europe and other continents. The best choice would have been Million Reasons. 

On 6/14/2018 at 4:17 AM, Rumours1977 said:

It would have done better than Perfect Illusion in my opinion. 

However, the song that was the most “radio friendly” really was Million Reasons

I hate the term “radio friendly”. Why does pop music have to be “radio friendly”? Most hip hop songs are far from “radio friendly” -I love hip hop btw- and they still do really well. I hate the idea of artists not being able to release certain songs because of this “radio friendly” bullish.t  idea.

when I first heard Joanne for the first time I immediately fell in love with Dancin In Circles the most Gaga-sequel song of course. But the songs that suck were Diamond Heart and Joanne. I think the former would have done really well. Much better than PI for sure!

Archived