Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kesha said Dr Luke raped Katy in a text to Gaga

Spock

Featured Posts

misunderstood
25 minutes ago, LadyGagaIsBest said:

It's kind of destroying her career so I don't think she's making it up

Uh is it tho?... :huh: she’s gotten so much public support the last few years, especially at the Grammys, also with Praying’s release.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
666 others
12 hours ago, codymonster said:

So looking at a court case objectively and coming to my own conclusion makes me gross? THIS is what is wrong with our current world. Having a different opinion makes you an evil person.

I ALWAYS lean toward the side of the victim when a rape allegation comes out. In THIS SPECIFIC CASE, I feel like Dr. Luke is actually innocent. 

How are you looking at the case objectively and concluding that Kesha lied? I'm genuinely asking. I want to understand your thought process, 'cause I personally cannot fathom why someone would go through the kind of pain that Kesha did just to get out of a contract.

7 hours ago, codymonster said:

How do you know I haven’t looked at it objectively? :emma: Do you know what looking at something objectively even means? :emma: Cause you two people can look at something objectively and come to different conclusions; just an fyi

What does it mean? Again, genuine question. (English isn't my first language.)

:holyshit:

swakby

From what I understand, this is information presented by Luke's lawyers, which means that we have no idea what the text actually says. For all we know, it could be 'do you think he has done the same to Katy Perry?' - lawyers can twist words in order to get it their way. My point - we can't judge by a text we haven't seen. 

Chickens in Malibu

What bothers me is how did Dr Luke's team know of this text message?

Someone must've leaked the information to them either from Gaga team or Kesha's team.

VOLANTIS
15 hours ago, LGQOP said:

Imagine Gaga, Katy and Kesha in a trial. The trial of the decade

This is incredibly serious but I can't help picture Katy starting her testimony with "Wig!"

OT: This is Katy's time to declare a POP emergency throw that cape on.

Also is it wrong for Kesha to speculate things in a text convo with Gaga? Unless Kesha attached evidence in her texts wouldn't this qualify as hearsay unless Kesha is the one filing the Katy rape claim at court? 

31 minutes ago, swakby said:

From what I understand, this is information presented by Luke's lawyers, which means that we have no idea what the text actually says. For all we know, it could be 'do you think he has done the same to Katy Perry?' - lawyers can twist words in order to get it their way. My point - we can't judge by a text we haven't seen. 

This.

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

VOLANTIS
20 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

Someone must've leaked the information to them either from Gaga team or Kesha's team.

Farhan. :triggered:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Chickens in Malibu
1 hour ago, VOLANTIS said:

This is incredibly serious but I can't help picture Katy starting her testimony with "Wig!"

OT: This is Katy's time to declare a POP emergency throw that cape on.

Also is it wrong for Kesha to speculate things in a text convo with Gaga? Unless Kesha attached evidence in her texts wouldn't this qualify as hearsay unless Kesha is the one filing the Katy rape claim at court? 

This.

This is what the law says, keep in mind Dr.Luke is most likely going to be considered a public figure:

"DEFENSES AGAINST DEFAMATION  Truth is normally an absolute defense against a defamation charge. In other words, if the defendant in a defamation suit an prove that his or her allegedly defamatory statements were true, normally no tort has been committed. Other defenses to defamation may exist if the statement is privileged or concerns a public figure. In general, public figures are considered fair game, and false and defamatory statements about them will not constitute defamation unless the statements are made with actual malice. To be made with actual malice, a statement must be made with either knowledge of falsity or a reckless disregard of the truth."

I think this is a weak case. They are simply trying to intimidate Kesha and drain her pocket with legal fees.

A text message to Gaga would probably be considered "priviliged", since it's private. And even if it's not, the lawyers of Dr.Luke would have to prove that Kesha did so with actual malice, knowing the falsity of the claim, or with reckless disregard of the truth. And since Katy Perry only said that she wasn't rape by him AFTER this text, there would probably be no way for Kesha to know for sure that he didn't rape her.

ChromaticaPunk
18 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

And you deserved it b*tch

You don't know the truth?

codymonster
10 hours ago, JamesFox said:

That’s ****ed up though, cause if he actually is innocent the damage is already done to his career. 

I agree, if she did lie, it would be awful. It’s such an awkward case, cause you don’t want to assume that he did it, cause then we are literally ruining a man’s life. but at the same time, we don’t want to assume he didn’t cause then Kesha is left suffering.

codymonster
4 hours ago, 666 others said:

How are you looking at the case objectively and concluding that Kesha lied? I'm genuinely asking. I want to understand your thought process, 'cause I personally cannot fathom why someone would go through the kind of pain that Kesha did just to get out of a contract.

What does it mean? Again, genuine question. (English isn't my first language.)

Looking at something objectively means you remove yourself from any emotional ties to either party, and view the situation from both sides. 

Due to the fact that Kesha hasn’t had anything work in her favour in court, the fact that Dr. Luke, in my opinion, seems honestly truthful when he said he did nothing, and the fact that the way Kesha talks about it seems like it’s more of a built up lie rather than an honest confession. 

She was not the most stable person, and I feel like her mental state and drug use was not a great combo and I feel that this led her to make the claims that were not true. And I feel it’s a case of “there’s no turning back now” for her

6 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

Why would Gaga's or Kesha's team have access to their text messages?:selena:)

The court demanded the text messages so they're accessible to everybody involved in the case

Sepsami
22 hours ago, codymonster said:

Kesha’s case is not looking great... Truthfully, I think she’s going to get caught in the lie that she created... 

My perspective is she made a lie to try and get out of her contract. The lie exploded and she was too far in to admit that she was lying. 

me af :awkney: 

culturalbaptism

These were private texts Dr. Luke made public. Not Kesha. He still makes himself look bad doing this kind of thing. I fully support Kesha.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

22 hours ago, Rumours1977 said:

I would say “bye Dr. Luke”, but I have a gut feeling that he isn’t going anywhere (unfortunately). 

Wait, do you think Kesha is lying about the whole case or just the claim about Katy?

Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?

uo111
5 hours ago, codymonster said:

Looking at something objectively means you remove yourself from any emotional ties to either party, and view the situation from both sides. 

Due to the fact that Kesha hasn’t had anything work in her favour in court, the fact that Dr. Luke, in my opinion, seems honestly truthful when he said he did nothing, and the fact that the way Kesha talks about it seems like it’s more of a built up lie rather than an honest confession. 

She was not the most stable person, and I feel like her mental state and drug use was not a great combo and I feel that this led her to make the claims that were not true. And I feel it’s a case of “there’s no turning back now” for her

Nothing about what you just wrote was objective in any way.

You literally wrote "I feel like" and "in my opinion" and "seems" 6 times.

The actual definition of subjective. "based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions."

Archived