FentyGa
5 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

It wasn't at the time it was released, like not at all

Let's take Monster, for exmple
Beyoncé-Radio
Britney Spears-Break The Ice
Alexandra Burke-Broken Heels
Rihanna-S&M
Let me just repeat, it's not a bad thing at all. I'm just sayong that a lot of music had a similar sound at the time.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FentyGa
Just now, Edonis said:

Sis no :air: it’s quite the opposite :air:

Sis all the pop girls did that sound between 2007 and 2011

Edonis
Just now, maxblac said:

Sis all the pop girls did that sound between 2007 and 2011

Yikes :toofunny:

Go back and look at the charts and see if electronic music was even making an impact on the charts in the US aside from a few DJ hits :toofunny: 

There is a reason why Gaga is credited as bringing 80’s electronic synth pop back from the dead. The radio was almost entirely urban dance-pop :laughga:

adamziali

Literally stop arguing about TF and TFM. Focus on gagz in the studio. 

The Fame and The Fame Monster shaped the sound of pop music during its time. 

monketsharona
39 minutes ago, TwerkinLurkin said:

Imagine calling the two albums that changed pop music basic 

Especially those two albums are still ones she's selling the most today ^^ 

FentyGa
2 hours ago, TwerkinLurkin said:

Imagine calling the two albums that changed pop music basic 

Not what I said
giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Edonis said:

Yikes :toofunny:

Go back and look at the charts and see if electronic music was even making an impact on the charts in the US aside from a few DJ hits :toofunny: 

There is a reason why Gaga is credited as bringing 80’s electronic synth pop back from the dead. The radio was almost entirely urban dance-pop :laughga:

Britney's Blackout, Circus and Femme Fatale
Rihanna's GGGB, Rated R and Loud
Yoncé's I Am...Sasha Fierce
Nicki's first 2 albums
I'm not saying it was basic:triggered: or anything of the sort
I'm just saying, that was the sound that was popular at the time.

Max Vandeburg
3 hours ago, Darcklighter22 said:

I actually miss the hype a little..looking back on pre-ARTPOP we knew a few song tracks and even know a few unreleased track names. I wish she'd have a stand alone single like the Cure at least to hold up until the release of the ASIB sountracks or LG6 lead

I'm kind of traumatized by the pre-ARTPOP era. 

Gaga was very excited about the concept of the album and everything, and ended up revealing a lot about her plans. Many of them unfortunately did not happen, as we know (the visual album, ARTPOP app and its functions, Act II, etc etc).

Not to mention the songs that she eventually quoted, but ended up not being included in the tracklist (Temple, Tea, Onion Girl, Brooklyn Nights, etc etc). 

This was all very frustrating.

Yes, I know the frustrated plans were NOT Gaga's fault. But that's exactly the point: the fact that she announced things prematurely raised people's expectations very high. And at the end of the day, everyone - including the media - ended up blaming her when things went wrong.

Believe me, the less we know, the better. The surprise will be worth it. 

Edonis
1 hour ago, maxblac said:

Not what I said
giphy.gif

Britney's Blackout, Circus and Femme Fatale
Rihanna's GGGB, Rated R and Loud
Yoncé's I Am...Sasha Fierce
Nicki's first 2 albums
I'm not saying it was basic:triggered: or anything of the sort
I'm just saying, that was the sound that was popular at the time.

Britney is not the best example since she’s been doing euro dance pop since her career debut, really. But anyways, Femme Fatale came out after TF/TFM

Rated R and Loud came out after TFM

I Am is not 80’s electronic at all :toofunny:

Nicki’s debut album came out late 2010. 

Gaga’s sound wasn’t some sort of newly invented thing, but retro-80’s synth pop was not the thing at that time. Especially when looking at radio success and whatnot. Like I said, the radio and bulk of pop music was urban/pseudo-R&B dancepop. Not at all like TF/TFM

FentyGa
1 minute ago, Edonis said:

Britney is not the best example since she’s been doing euro dance pop since her career debut, really. But anyways, Femme Fatale came out after TF/TFM

Rated R and Loud came out after TFM

I Am is not 80’s electronic at all :toofunny:

Nicki’s debut album came out late 2010. 

Gaga’s sound wasn’t some sort of newly invented thing, but retro-80’s synth pop was not the thing at that time. Especially when looking at radio success and whatnot. Like I said, the radio and bulk of pop music was urban/pseudo-R&B dancepop. Not at all like TF/TFM

If you recall, I said 2007-2011 so just because they came out after TF/TFM doesn't mean anything
I Am...Sasha Fierce has aspects of the synthpop found on TF/TFM (songs such as Radio, Sweet Dreams,  Videophone)
As for Britney, I would say her first two albums were bubblegum pop, Britney and ITZ were R&B influenced pop and Blackout-FF were synthpop

lad-gaga
53 minutes ago, Max Vandeburg said:

Gaga was very excited about the concept of the album and everything, and ended up revealing a lot about her plans. Many of them unfortunately did not happen, as we know (the visual album, ARTPOP app and its functions, Act II, etc etc).

Not to mention the songs that she eventually quoted, but ended up not being included in the tracklist (Temple, Tea, Onion Girl, Brooklyn Nights, etc etc). 

Yes, I know the frustrated plans were NOT Gaga's fault. But that's exactly the point: the fact that she announced things prematurely raised people's expectations very high. And at the end of the day, everyone - including the media - ended up blaming her when things went wrong.

Agree 1000%

7 hours ago, Max Vandeburg said:

did she ever explain why act 2 wasnt released i really dont know why she wouldnt release it on soundcloud or something thats what throws me off she wouldnt release it for free unless she has other plans for it

That's Gossip

Archived