Featured Posts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ariana Grindr

O

1 hour ago, lucca said:

Hello little sisters :lolga::stalkga::staymad:

For what reasons do u guys think PI flopped, since it is one of the best songs on Joanne ?:madge:

:gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum:

Please, discuss !! :nails::classy:

Off topic but aren’t you or were user @ John Wayne (something else)

Pierre

Ma ma

Pa pa pa

Perfect IIllusion

Was more radio friendly.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Luxe Ford

I want to say it was too far removed from her usual style and wasn't what people expected to hear from her.

But then Joanne came, so I honestly have no idea.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

RadioIsOurs
51 minutes ago, SKANK said:

No one here is going to be able to point to a specific reason why Perfect Illusion didn't capture the public's attention. It just didn't. Was it loud? Yeah, but so was Born This Way and Judas. Was it off-trend? Yeah, but so her whole first album. Was it repetitive? Yeah, but so is Poker Face and Bad Romance.

The song and the visuals that went along with it were neither imaginative or boundary pushing. So I can't blame the public for sleeping on it.

I don't understand how people are saying The Fame is not trendy, albeit with Gaga's own spin. That style of electro-pop has already been around with acts like Timbaland and even K-pop. It just made it even more popular. 

IAmNotHere1997

It wasn't pushed hard enough and got abandoned when A-YO and Million Reasons came out

TheSlash

Because the GP hates when a well established artist changes his/her style and because the GP hates when a well established artist always does the same :vegas: :selena:

Ew, David!

SKANK
15 minutes ago, RadioIsOurs said:

I don't understand how people are saying The Fame is not trendy, albeit with Gaga's own spin. That style of electro-pop has already been around with acts like Timbaland and even K-pop. It just made it even more popular. 

She popularized it, rather than invented it.

Here is an interview with Akon and RedOne, they talk about how difficult it was to get US radio on board with Gaga's sound.

http://ew.com/music/2018/04/10/lady-gaga-just-dance-10-year-anniversary-redone-akon-interview/

PunkTheFunk

1. It wasn't a GP friendly song. Or an ear friendly song. Fight me. 

2. It wasn't promoted properly. 

Phlop

It almost didn’t happen. Like no promo was the main issue. It was loud but as skank said, all her singles in the past have been loud and off trend. 

BYE

FrankGutz

Zero promo, i remember i had a meltdown over it and even Admin gave me like 7 wp for 3 post that i was already punished by Haroon, so i got my first banned for months :gaycat: 

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

ChromaticaPunk
15 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

1. It wasn't a GP friendly song. Or an ear friendly song. Fight me. 

2. It wasn't promoted properly. 

★ Aluminum Moderator :ladyhaha:

Archived