Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Why did Perfect Illusion flopped?

JohnWayne97

Featured Posts

JohnWayne97

Hello little sisters :lolga::stalkga::staymad:

For what reasons do u guys think PI flopped, since it is one of the best songs on Joanne ?:madge:

:gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum::gum:

Please, discuss !! :nails::classy:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clarence

not mainstream sounding enough for the GP. and not as much tv promo for the song

Delulu Rogers

Zero promo, too loud and repetitive, the way she sings and says love is not pleasant and it should have never been a single 

Raccoon

It's just too much perfection for tasteless people :vegas:

"The scars on my mind are on replay"

Gohan

It was horribly promoted, she never gave a major tv performance to it. The song's sound was so random at that time, she wanted us to be surprised about it and we definitely were, some in a good way, others not so much. I feel like she needs to speak about her sounds to tease and prepare the waters/fields so that they can arrive and we get ready to digest it better and buy it buy it buy it.

Oh and also, she wasn't that big streaming-wise back then. ****ing streaming makes a song chart  higher.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

CyanLights

Most people I ve talked too didn’t like the chorus or didn’t know it existed 

rumours

The radio interviews (i.e. the entirety of the promo) were too iconique for the public to handle 

SKANK

No one here is going to be able to point to a specific reason why Perfect Illusion didn't capture the public's attention. It just didn't. Was it loud? Yeah, but so was Born This Way and Judas. Was it off-trend? Yeah, but so her whole first album. Was it repetitive? Yeah, but so is Poker Face and Bad Romance.

The song and the visuals that went along with it were neither imaginative or boundary pushing. So I can't blame the public for sleeping on it.

River

It wasn't loved :ohwell:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

LeJudas

It's an excellent song.

It was an unexpected sound and people were not ready for Joanne. It just was an overall confusing? song and the people didn't even know it was Lady Gaga singing it. 

With stronger promo and stuff I think it would've grown more

Archived