💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Nile Rodgers & Chic - 'It's About Time'

Brainiac

Featured Posts

Brainiac

https://vmagazine.com/article/exclusive-chic-reveals-the-album-cover-for-its-about-time/

CHIC_1977_2018.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: CHIC REVEALS THE ALBUM COVER FOR ‘IT’S ABOUT TIME’

Frontman Nile Rodgers sits down to talk about Chic's first album in over 25 years, the people that he's worked with, and the familiar yet futuristic album cover, debuting exclusively on V.

Chic has never gone away. Frontman Nile Rodgers and company have been making music with legendary collaborators, playing shows around the world, and just jamming out together consistently for the past four decades. But one look at their discography list on Wikipedia would indicate otherwise—the band hasn’t released their own studio album since 1992. But it’s about time that changed, and Chic knows that. 

Today, the band officially announces their first album in over 25 years, It’s About Time, possibly the most hilariously appropriate title for a record in recent history, and V has your exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the stunning album artwork. Shot by Britt Lloyd and creative directed by Greg Foley, the cover harkens back to the art for their self-titled debut album released in 1977, which starred supermodels Valentine Monnier and Alva Chinn front and center.

Click the link to read the rest of the article.

First single titled 'Til the World Falls' feat. Mura Musa, Anderson Paak, Vic Mensa & Cosha coming June 22nd!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reginald
4 minutes ago, 01Jaime said:

ITS ABOUT TIME YOU RELEASE THAT GAGA DUET NILE!

FINALLY!! 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

Damon

OMFGGG YAASSSBDHJEBDH COME THROUGH WITH THOSE DISCO BOPS

... and now i just sit in silence.

Anderson123

That's a gorgeous album cover, I really like it! I'm excited to hear their new album and the name is actually appropiate lol.

Inb4 the Gaga collaboration didn't make the cut because she wants to stay way from the media before A Star Is Born is released.

RAMROD
17 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

Inb4 the Gaga collaboration didn't make the cut because she wants to stay way from the media before A Star Is Born is released.

Maybe the delays happened cos Gaga can't say if she wants in or out until recently :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD

This album is long time coming. It was initially planned for 2015, there was a single released for it.

He specifically talked about it here.

http://www.nilerodgers.com/blogs/planet-c-in-english/3047-it-s-about-time

But then

"What happened originally is that I released a single in 2015, and obviously when you release the first single it’s designed to start the momentum of the album. The music business, singles are like a trailer for a movie. At least that’s how I’ve always viewed it, and my album is the ‘film.’ It felt great performing it in England so many times, where we had a great tour that year with Duran Duran, and wanted to wait until the first few weeks of the year in 2016. Then Bowie passed away days into the year, and I was like ‘Whoa.’"

then it was planned for 2017, but this happened:

"Well, then I’m on tour with Earth, Wind and Fire and everything is going great when all of the sudden out of the clear blue sky I get E.coli poisoning. They didn’t want to treat it until they knew it was E.coli, so in the process of doing the imaging testing they find cancer, and it was my second bout of cancer. The doctors made me promise not to do any work for a certain amount of time, and you can't release a record without doing all of the gigging and promotion, because what we want to do is have a lot of live events to coincide with its release. Want to go and play it for people since we’re still old school. But I couldn’t go against doctor's orders, so it was like ‘Come on, already.’"

source:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8097710/nile-rodgers-bowie-prince-chic-interview

And so far, these are known artists to be featured in the album: Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak, Disclosure, Nao, and British soul singers Jorja Smith and Ray BLK, Haim, Blondie's Debbie Harry, Craig David, Stefflon Don, and Mura Masa.

No Gaga is mentioned. Considering she is a big name, it will be weird not to name drop her, unless they wanted it as surprise, so.. in that case, take it what you will :poot:

source: 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8366472/nile-rodgers-new-chic-album-its-about-time-feature-bruno-mars-haim-debbie-harry

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

GypsyBabe

I’m gonna be wicked bummed if the Gaga collab isn’t on there. :(

⚯͛

Vitleysingur

Is 'It's About Time' the new SOON?:trollga:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Luxe Ford

Le freak that's chic, indeed!

I watched Nile Rodgers speak of the Disco Demolition Night in a documentary a while ago, where thousands of disco records were blown up during some type of sports event.

The hate for disco was real and this racist and homophobic backlash made sure Chic never charted again.

But you just can't kill the groove!

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Andreu

The Gaga collab won't be a ww smash before anyone says it I'm saying it myself

Archived