đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Latest Oscar predictions for A Star Is Born (AwardsCircuit)

Bradley

Featured Posts

Guest Adarsh

The Original song award depends on how strong the Mary Poppins contender is. If its Emily Blunt performing then there's a strong chance for Gaga to win, because she's the songwriter/composer and singer as well. :vegas: 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Adarsh
2 hours ago, Kimmo said:

I feel like is too soon to say what will happen  I’m sure it will be nominated for something but we need to wait, most of the Movies that get nominated for oscars don’t get released until after summer/fall, some of them we don’t even know the names or plots yet, plus I’m sure Mama Mia 2 will be competing against ASIB even though the first didn’t impress the critics. 

Mamma Mia is competition only at the golden globes not at the oscars. Plus they dont have a 'lead' female this year. Meryl/Cher/Amanda are all supporting. And the songs are ABBA covers. So there goes the original song competition too :vegas:

Guest Adarsh
1 hour ago, Mariah said:

Queen Cher is in Mamma Mia 2 so it'll surely be impressive

She wont be a threat. Even if she gets nominated, it'll be for supporting. Plus they dont have original songs in Mamma Mia :vegas:

Borisapillar
58 minutes ago, Mirages said:

This is usually done to actors of color. Which is sad and everything Gaga doesn't stand for.

What tf are you talking about?

Kimmo
30 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Mamma Mia is competition only at the golden globes not at the oscars. Plus they dont have a 'lead' female this year. Meryl/Cher/Amanda are all supporting. And the songs are ABBA covers. So there goes the original song competition too :vegas:

Ok 

Hottie Detector

Borisapillar
1 hour ago, MeloArtDramaPop said:

I kinda want her to be nominated for supporting actress instead to guarantee that oscar, but then saying that youve been nominated for lead actress is also tempting

Why would she be supporting? She’s the star of the film. :triggered:

Borisapillar

Mamma Mia 2 will not be nominated for any Oscars. C’mon, people.

nodandsmile
20 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

Why would she be supporting? She’s the star of the film. :triggered:

Some actors do that to make sure they are going to win since lead actress is more competitive which I think is cheating tbh

Borisapillar
7 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Some actors do that to make sure they are going to win since lead actress is more competitive which I think is cheating tbh

Who?

She is the literal star of the film, the nominating committing decides who is eligible for what award. The actor doesn’t just decide where they want to put themselves. If she is nominated it will be in leading and that isn’t up for debate.

nodandsmile
33 minutes ago, Borisapillar said:

Who?

She is the literal star of the film, the nominating committing decides who is eligible for what award. The actor doesn’t just decide where they want to put themselves. If she is nominated it will be in leading and that isn’t up for debate.

The studios can campaign for either of the categories they think you have bigger chances. This article explains it better with a few examples http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-oscars-call-story.html

And for god's sake, I didn't say she should as I even said I thought it's cheating!

Mirages
1 hour ago, Borisapillar said:

What tf are you talking about?

I'm talking about how Viola Davis in Fences and Dev Patel in Lion both submitted themselves for supporting categories, even though both of them were leads. They had better chances winning, and it resulted for Davis in a Golden Globe, an Oscar and a BAFTA and for Patel in a BAFTA. Davis submitted herself in supporting because shes been already nominated in lead and was the favorite to win but ended up losing it and theres only been one black woman to win an Oscar for leading performance since they've been giving them out. Even Denzel talked about how he was not happy with Davis submitting herself for supporting actress. Look it up!

I'm the bitch that's fragile

freebit
5 hours ago, Mirages said:

This is usually done to actors of color. Which is sad and everything Gaga doesn't stand for.

Alicia Vikander snatched an Oscar this way. It's kind of category fraud, and unfair to the work put into role/movie, but I can see why people do it tbh. 

Bradley
8 hours ago, Adarsh Soni said:

The Original song award depends on how strong the Mary Poppins contender is. If its Emily Blunt performing then there's a strong chance for Gaga to win, because she's the songwriter/composer and singer as well. :vegas: 

Not to mention it's a duet between Bradley and Gaga. We have two starpower here.

Bradley
7 hours ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Actually a lot of people have brought up the example of Viola Davis.

I've seen her role in Fences and it was rightfully a supporting role? People said she had a leading role but was submitted for Best Supporting Actress instead which I do not agree at all, her role wasn't that huge to be honest.

Also I'll check out The Danish Girl and see if Alicia Vikander's role was supporting or lead in actuality, since she won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar as well.

Archived