💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga: a “trend” that died.

Chamaquito

Featured Posts

Space Cowboy
1 hour ago, yungpancake said:

Gaga is still rising today is because of how she ingrained it on the general public's minds to always keep an eye on her every move; because she is what? Unpredictable. With her talent and with what she chooses to do with it. Cheek to cheek happened. A literal ANTI-gaga americana folk album happened. Now she's ventured into television shows and now MOVIES. Everybody wants to know what she's up to because she's GAGA. The ever-mysterious talented GAGA.

^

Khoaleesi

I think it had to do with the amount of hype and anticipation that built up during ARTPOP and ultimately went to shambles because of poor management. Everyone was kinda expecting her to rise up after her hip injury and become the popstar that she used to be. Even during 2013 Gaga was still one of the biggest mainstream popstars around even when she wasn't charting #1. No one could do what she did successfully so in hindsight, she put the bar up so high during the beginning of Born This Way regarding the cohesiveness of an album cycle and pop performances. 

I also think she got tired of having expectations put on her so she decided to shift her career around 2014 when she toured with Tony and performed at the Oscars in 2016. Having her hip injury and fibromyalgia I don't think she's physically capable of enduring as many choreographed performances that she used to do back in the day :giveup: She's probably more focused on having people recognize her for her talents rather than just being glamorous and shocking. I see her becoming the next Cher/Barbra Streisand when she's older. 

If ASIB does well and maybe wins several awards and potentially an OSCAR we'll definitely see her gearing towards more acting roles in the future. Ever since 2015 I've been seeing more of the GP respect her as a musician now than ever. stan twitter, however, is a different because they tend to trash gaga a because she's not following the trends that other girls are doing. 

Bradley

With all the accomplishments that came from ARTPOP, Cheek to Cheek, Joanne, American Horror Story, A Star Is Born, Joanne World Tour, artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball, how can anyone say that she's irrelevant or 'not a thing anymore'?

Do you guys know that Iggy Azalea or Camila Cabello or Demi Lovato would kill to have her career? She's far more relevant than Demi Lovato is.

jaXXXon

This thing about Gaga being over or not is really in the past by now. There were a lot of factors that played into her decline, like her overexposure during BTW, which is why ARTPOP underperformed, but Million Reasons was a radio smash in the US and all that was because of the Super Bowl. She re-animated her career with her Halftime Show, but hasn't delivered an era since or pushed a single, so we'll have to wait and see when she releases a new album or launches a new era how people view her now. 

Joanne wasn't a commercial album really, and that's the only thing the GP has gotten since her Super Bowl performance. Her reputation is FAR better than it was before the Super Bowl as most people now view her as extremely talented and not just a pop girl. Her next era is the end all be all in terms of her mass appeal, because that'll be the first era following her Super Bowl. I personally think she "saved" her career with that performance and Million Reasons and I think we will all witness a huge comeback with ASIB. 

Her only problem, really, is the streaming generation. Radio still likes a good Gaga song, so I'm not worried about that and sales-wise, she can still move at least 500k copies. She needs to get Spotify on her side and that's the only thing she lacks support from.  

monketsharona
24 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

This thing about Gaga being over or not is really in the past by now. There were a lot of factors that played into her decline, like her overexposure during BTW, which is why ARTPOP underperformed, but Million Reasons was a radio smash in the US and all that was because of the Super Bowl. She re-animated her career with her Halftime Show, but hasn't delivered an era since or pushed a single, so we'll have to wait and see when she releases a new album or launches a new era how people view her now 

Joanne wasn't a commercial album really, and that's the only thing the GP has gotten since her Super Bowl performance. Her reputation is FAR better than it was before the Super Bowl as most people now view her as extremely talented and not just a pop girl. Her next era is the end all be all in terms of her mass appeal, because that'll be the first era following her Super Bowl. I personally think she "saved" her career with that performance and Million Reasons and I think we will all witness a huge comeback with ASIB. 

Her only problem, really, is the streaming generation. Radio still likes a good Gaga song, so I'm not worried about that and sales-wise, she can still move at least 500k copies. She needs to get Spotify on her side and that's the only thing she lacks support from.  

Agree on everything. Joanne didn't really sound like a radio smash album. I mean, let's not be hypocrits, most of us were admitting when Joanne was released that it clearly lacked of hits potential. And that's it. Thought it did pretty good especially in the US (the main target of this album). MR has been pushed mainly thanks to SB.

Gaga just needs an album that is a bit more 'universal' and aiming some streaming and radio impact everywhere in the world. She doesn't need an album full of hits. Just 3-4 songs that are made for being radio friendly and easy to be remembered. That's actually what she made on TF, TFM, BTW and ARTPOP. 

ShayCristoforo
On 6/10/2018 at 10:25 PM, Pablo said:

Any artist who peaked as large as Gaga did sees decline. The bubble has to pop.

This. And it gives her a chance to re-peak later on with a banger or killer album (if she's ever ready to revisit that craziness, considering The Fame, TFM and BTW took a lot out of her) 
Also it seems like the new bubble is Drake, Weeknd, Beyonce, Rihanna, Migos, Future, etc. and I'm not sure when GP will ever pop that bubble or grow tired. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived