💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Insane Oscar buzz for A Star Is Born

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley
5 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

Honestly, give it a nom if it deserves it. Oscars are just as problematic as the other major award shows, but at least they do have pretty high quality films and teams nominated. If this isn't good, no amount of hype will make it get a nom.

So wait till the movie is out. Trailer's mean little tbh.

You're right. Apart from good campaigning, quality plays a big role in getting a film a nomination, this is especially the case if it were to win. But good films without good campaigning fail to secure nominations as well, we're just fortunate and blessed to have the media do us our favour as of now.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
6 minutes ago, Karl said:

But the more this is said the more critics are going to expect this film and Gaga to be outstanding that even if it’s very good it won’t live up to the hype. Plus the Oscars generally favour films that explore social issues and stuff lately. 

The Oscars have a history of loving musicals and drama. La La Land, The Greatest Showman, Frozen are part of the recent trend showing that the Oscars have shown an inclination to nominate musicals. And A Star Is Born is exactly that, except it emphasises very much on acting, cinematography, original songs and direction. The Best Picture and Best Original Song categories usually nominate movies from a diverse genre and hence A Star Is Born would represent all musicals released this year.

Anyway, I take it as good campaigning. It's better to start strong than to start weak. We worry about expectations later.

Guest Adarsh
18 hours ago, Ziggy said:

unless the movie is as bad as Suicide Squad and somehow manages to be so terrible that all the good hype in the world couldn't save it hahaha

Always remember that song from Fifty Shades was nominated for an Oscar, I'm confident we have an Original song nom in our bag, and maybe a win too :vegas:

Bradley
5 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Always remember that song from Fifty Shades was nominated for an Oscar, I'm confident we have an Original song nom in our bag, and maybe a win too :vegas:

Earned It was actually a good song. But yeah I believe we might even win.

I actually think we're following La La Land's footsteps and getting TWO nominations with A Star Is Born.

MonsterOfSpain

I really hope she gets an Oscar or at least some noms, but I don't wanna get hyped just in case she doesn't get it, see what happened with Joanne's Grammys or TIHTY's Oscar... so please try not to get too excited guys, we'll celebrate it if she wins.:pray:

Bradley
4 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

I really hope she gets an Oscar or at least some noms, but I don't wanna get hyped just in case she doesn't get it, see what happened with Joanne's Grammys or TIHTY's Oscar... so please try not to get too excited guys, we'll celebrate it if she wins.:pray:

I don't think a win is realistic at all. I think we are only here to celebrate nominations.

Gagaism

I just do know that I had cried all the 653847 times I've saw the trailer. I'm so f***ing proud of her.

If she get even some nomination will be something amazing, but I don't wanna put my hopes high, I just wanna live the moment when it's come.

Guest JolanJoringel

Oscar or not, the GP seems to finally love her and appreciate her talent! That's a win for sure! :tony: 

MaryJaneHolland
23 hours ago, Weasel said:

It's nice and all but let's not forget about the TIHTY with that 90% win prediction :vegas:

sadkermit.jpg

WildAmerican
23 hours ago, Weasel said:

It's nice and all but let's not forget about the TIHTY with that 90% win prediction :vegas:

This could very well be the reason she wins one - Oscars are known to award people who have been unfairly treated in the past.

GunninMan
28 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

This could very well be the reason she wins one - Oscars are known to award people who have been unfairly treated in the past.

Diane Warren and her 8 nominations and 0 wins say hello :diane:

Chuckles

They're hyping too much, just click-bait for monsters but hopefully, the GP catches on...

doppelganger

The power of good PR. Whoever runs the ASIB campaign needs to work with Gaga for her music. 

Togekiss

The cynical side of me says they’re all just building her up so they can tear her down and snatch clicks trashing her when the movie comes out :messga:

But I have faith she’ll do well enough to impress, if not get a nomination.

bring on that pecan pie

freebit

Yes, let it be known that it's not us or her doing the hyping, it's the press. :tony: If you look back at this site a few months ago the bar was set to "Hopefully not Glitter." Few of us even dreamed of awards hype.

I remember reading from some movie expert that Hollywood and the Oscars love movies about Hollywood/themselves, so maybe it will help come award season. 

Archived