Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

Insane Oscar buzz for A Star Is Born

Bradley

Featured Posts

Ryusei
1 minute ago, August Blue said:

Why do y’all want an Oscar so bad? 

To use as argument in stan wars on twitter "MY FAVE WON A GOLDEN GLOBE AND AN OSCAR AND A GRAMMY AND YOUR FLOP FAVE HASNT" 

Musery

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
30 minutes ago, August Blue said:

I’m not sure. 

The number of preservatives makes is sound pretty unappealing me. 

450.jpg

weed
36 minutes ago, August Blue said:

Why do we want our fave to earn the most prestigious acting award in America? :laughga: beats me

August Blue
11 minutes ago, neptugne said:

Why do we want our fave to earn the most prestigious acting award in America? :laughga: beats me

I want it too, but not to such extent tbh :laughga: 

S0436

If she gets an Oscar nomination then you keep that for life even if you don’t win.  It’s the one award that people remember even if you were only nominated.

Ariana Grindr
1 hour ago, August Blue said:

Why not ?:excuseu:

Werk
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Don't want the academy to snub her just for the sake of proving everyone wrong

Wait the Oscars actually didn't let her win on purpose for that reason?! :air: 

Ziggy
2 hours ago, iCpro said:

We’ve been mislead by hype and buzz so many times before, I’m worried to get my hopes up, but this is a lot more than we’ve ever seen. Generally with these kinds of movies the prerelease hype can greatly affect the outcome and perception of the film, so the fact that people are already talking positively about it is a really good thing.

unless the movie is as bad as Suicide Squad and somehow manages to be so terrible that all the good hype in the world couldn't save it hahaha

Bradley
19 hours ago, August Blue said:

I want it too, but not to such extent tbh :laughga: 

I'm not saying she's gonna win with this thread, a nomination is already good enough. But of course the monsters took it wrong and thought I insinuated that she was going to win.

androiduser

I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, but this is most likely part of the paid promo.... all the articles say the same thing with the same key words... all we have is a trailer with Gaga's two or three spoken lines, there is really not enough there to realistically make a judgement about her performance.

ItsTommyBitch

Honestly, give it a nom if it deserves it. Oscars are just as problematic as the other major award shows, but at least they do have pretty high quality films and teams nominated. If this isn't good, no amount of hype will make it get a nom.

So wait till the movie is out. Trailer's mean little tbh.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

But the more this is said the more critics are going to expect this film and Gaga to be outstanding that even if it’s very good it won’t live up to the hype. Plus the Oscars generally favour films that explore social issues and stuff lately. 

Bradley
10 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, but this is most likely part of the paid promo.... all the articles say the same thing with the same key words... all we have is a trailer with Gaga's two or three spoken lines, there is really not enough there to realistically make a judgement about her performance.

You seriously think Warner Bros or whoever behind A Star Is Born paid all the journalists who wrote them? I think you underestimated the trailer/Gaga a lot. Not to mention these journalists come from around the world, if you read all the sites you will notice that even Asian countries like India reported using the same key words.

Everyone on YouTube is saying that the trailer just screams Oscars, which I can relate because according to someone on Reddit it even looks like a Clint Eastwood film. And this film is designed to win awards from its onset, it's natural that people think of awards when they see any footage of it.

If anything, it's successful marketing or simply talent being in the works.

Archived