💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Bradley and Gaga will get nominated at the Oscars?

Bradley

Title  

315 members have voted

1. 1. A Star Is Born's chances

• Both Gaga and Bradley will get nominated
    • Only Bradley will get nominated
    • Only Gaga will get nominated
    • Both of them are not getting any acting nominations

Featured Posts

Bradley
2 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

I Know that’s the usual thing...But is it the same for the oscars ? :wtfga: If yes, well then it’s possible they send a Gaga song...

It's called submissions. They submit it to the Academy before it gets nominated.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FarixGaga
2 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Also supporting actors usually get lesser screen time than leads do. I think they gave Bradley and Gaga equal amount of screen time.

If you are talking about the trailer, Bradley has definitely more screen time than Gaga. I don't know if it's just me but I couldn't tell if Gaga's acting skills were good, at an Oscar level at least, while you can have more perception of Bradley's character which is presented with his story of alcoholism and sings two different songs, not considering "The Shallow" in which he, guess what, sings once again. 

So I don't really agree that they have the same screen time and the feeling I got from the trailer was as if it was meant to show off more Bradley's character and skills which are obviously less risky than Gaga's ones since he is a 4 time Oscar nominated actor.

JC

Bradley
13 minutes ago, FarixGaga said:

If you are talking about the trailer, Bradley has definitely more screen time than Gaga. I don't know if it's just me but I couldn't tell if Gaga's acting skills were good, at an Oscar level at least, while you can have more perception of Bradley's character which is presented with his story of alcoholism and sings two different songs, not considering "The Shallow" in which he, guess what, sings once again. 

So I don't really agree that they have the same screen time and the feeling I got from the trailer was as if it was meant to show off more Bradley's character and skills which are obviously less risky than Gaga's ones since he is a 4 time Oscar nominated actor.

Really though? That's your impression from the trailer? I mean everyone gets a different feeling from the trailer but when I first watched it I thought it showcased Gaga as a lead actor in a very good sense, like she doesn't seem like a supporting actor at all.

Edit: I just saw the trailer again, and yeah she's a lead. And it'd be ridiculous if they submitted her for Best Supporting Actress.

Esteban

We cant know before we have seen the film, we dont know if the film, the production, the cut, the role playing is good so... We have to wait ;)

iCpro

I think Bradley has a good chance at a nom (directing or acting) or maybe even a win. I think Gaga’s less likely to get an acting nom, since this is her first film. However I definitely think the film will be nominated in other categories (particularly the sound categories).

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

MaryJaneHolland

Off topic, but is the movie eligible for the Oscars 2019 or 2020?

Bradley
26 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Off topic, but is the movie eligible for the Oscars 2019 or 2020?

MaryJaneHolland
19 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Really? Why did they push back the movie from May to October then? :huh:

Bradley
12 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Really? Why did they push back the movie from May to October then? :huh:

because it's closer to the Oscars. If they release it in May, the hype will die down very quickly by the time the Oscars are close.

Gracious Gaga

Maybe once the movie is out and we’ve all seen it then we could make a decision ?

♥ Kindness Police.

Omar Vela
5 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

70% think both are getting nominations?The delusion on this website :ladyhaha:

Also, you just CAN NOT compare ASIB to La La Land :toofunny:

obviously, a star is born looks better. La la land is overrated

Scathach

Bradley only 

but she will be nominated at the golden globes 

thatfoxyfeeling

Gaga isn’t going to win best actress unless her character is classed as a supporting actress. I went to see Herediatry and Toni Collette will be getting best actress Oscar, I can guarantee you that. 

She should get the Oscar for original song/soundtrack though. 

Bradley
4 minutes ago, JamesFox said:

Gaga isn’t going to win best actress unless her character is classed as a supporting actress. I went to see Herediatry and Toni Collette will be getting best actress Oscar, I can guarantee you that. 

She should get the Oscar for original song/soundtrack though. 

We were talking about a nomination, not a win. We know it's absolutely not easy to to win one.

James Gibson

Just to remind you guys. Best Original Song awards the songwriters and composers of the song, not the performer. Gaga apparently wrote all the songs so :vegas: and I don't really think Bradley wrote any.

The film is for sure getting a lot of buzz and hype but doesn't really mean it'll translate into a nomination. It got some good reception from the trailer, but it really need some strong reception for the movie to get in. Than it's all about campaigning at the end of the year. If they play the cards right, like they said at the goldderby, WB can promote Gaga to Supporting Actress and increase her chances (like Viola Davis and Alicia Vikander did).

However, keep in mind the movie might be just a regular one or doesn't get much traction. It's the remake of a remake of a remake. A story everybody seems to know from the trailer. So it's a possibility it doesn't taste original or interesting to many people, so let's wait.

I got really excited from the trailer, Gaga looked great and I hope she van como thru with this one. A great experience for us and her to have for sure :wub:

Archived