💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Bradley and Gaga will get nominated at the Oscars?

Bradley

Title  

315 members have voted

1. 1. A Star Is Born's chances

• Both Gaga and Bradley will get nominated
    • Only Bradley will get nominated
    • Only Gaga will get nominated
    • Both of them are not getting any acting nominations

Featured Posts

ryanripley
14 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Send something for a nominations? Since when do you send something to the academy?

since the beginning of time :poot: that's how all award shows work

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

They always have the chance.

First timer nominees are always happen, some of those were even kids, it is not about seniority, but about quality of one's acting. Not sure why Gaga will have a smaller chance of she played her role outstandingly good. 

Remember when Jennifer Lawrence won Oscars for Best Actress in 2013, when she was only known as Katniss?

or Hillary Swank, who won hers in 2009 for Boys Don't Cry, who seemingly coming put of nowhere? She was virtually unknown until she was nominated and then, won, this.

Besides, musicals always seems to be favored in Oscars, aside from period films.

I will wish the best for this movie and for Gaga and Bradley.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

SwissMonster
5 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

since the beginning of time :poot: that's how all award shows work

I Know that’s the usual thing...But is it the same for the oscars ? :wtfga: If yes, well then it’s possible they send a Gaga song...

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

SwissMonster
24 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Omg I'll pretend you did not just say that. They dont randomly nominate someone. The production house has to file certain things and push for nominations. So in this case WB gets to decide if they want her to be nominated as a lead or supporting or which songs will be campaigned for a nomination. 

DfPVIXRU0AEabS8?format=jpg

The nominations are submitted by the film makers and then the academy decides if they want it or not. So yes. You send It otherwise it wont get nominated.  

Well, I was wrong about that? You want a cookie now? :poot:

Guest Adarsh
7 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

They always have the chance.

First timer nominees are always happen, some of those were even kids, it is not about seniority, but about quality of one's acting. Not sure why Gaga will have a smaller chance of she played her role outstandingly good. 

Remember when Jennifer Lawrence won Oscars for Best Actress in 2013, when she was only known as Katniss?

or Hillary Swank, who won hers in 2009 for Boys Don't Cry, who seemingly coming put of nowhere? She was virtually unknown until she was nominated and then, won, this.

Besides, musicals always seems to be favored in Oscars, aside from period films.

I will wish the best for this movie and for Gaga and Bradley.

And Jennifer Hudson for Dreamgirls :diane: That was literally her first film. 

Guest Adarsh
Just now, SwissMonster said:

Well, I was wrong about that? You want a cookie now? :poot:

I'd love a choco chip :stalkga:

SwissMonster
4 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

I'd love a choco chip :stalkga:

This one goes to you :ladyhaha:At least you have your sence of Humor, not like other people, I stan :vegas:

weed

There's so many new winners/nominees... Timothee, Lupita, Quvenzhane, Jennifer Hudson, Julie Andrews got nominated and won on her first movie: Mary Poppins, a musical

Idk if Gaga will be nominated, I honestly have high hopes though lmao like winning is one thing but being nominated, I think she for sure has a chance. If there's no awful scenes, boom nominated. 

ilgkp
2 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

1.You forget that there are not only Original Gaga songs on the album. A Bradley only song could also get nominated!

2.I voted Bradley only, so I agree with you what you said with Bradley

3.I think many people who voted Gaga or Gaga and Bradley think she will be nominated for several oscars/not only the „best original song“.

4. We have to see the movie. From what i saw in the trailer Gaga is really good in acting BUT I don’t think Oscar worthy compared to the other rumored actresses.

So for the moment, the delusion on this website is HUGE what concerns awards. But I am open to be proved wrong when award season is here :vegas:

"We have to see the movie." and later "I don’t think Oscar worthy compared to the other rumored actresses."

you are drunk or smth?:toofunny:

gaga has a good chance, because in the trailer you can see that she is unrecognizable and this is positively received by the oscars

Hi (sorry for my bad english)

zakariah

I think Gaga's chances of winning are higher in the Best Original Song category, but I think she & Bradley will both get nominated in the acting categories, but neither will win. A nomination is enough to make the Academy aware of Gaga's future acting roles.

I also think Bradley might actually get his first Best Director nomination, and if the film is rated well by critics, it'll probably get a Best Picture nomination as well. 

Overall, I feel like ASIB's chances of winning in the technical categories are higher than the major categories.

I know I’m fun at parties but somehow I don’t think ASIB gonna have that huge impact :wacko: But it would be great when the reputation is more than just decent 

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, ComeToDaddy said:

I know I’m fun at parties but somehow I don’t think ASIB gonna have that huge impact :wacko: But it would be great when the reputation is more than just decent 

Historically ASIB have always been nominated on Oscars, each version of it.

The first one got 7 noms - won one, the second one got 6 noms - won none, the third one got 4 noms - won 1.

So I don't see why this one wouldn't, especially this one looks like going to be the most watchable version of them all. If you ever watched the other version you'll know what I mean. :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bradley
2 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

I still stan the movie :selena: That’s why I voted that Bradley (= movie) will win oscars but not Gaga (at least I don’t think for the acting) :vegas: Nothing changed. Also by „ you can’t compare it to La La Land“ , this doesn‘t mean that I think La La Land is better, in my eyes the movie is very different, that’s all, that’s what I was saying, not that ASIB is a Flop :lolga:

And where did I say it’s gonna fail? It’s not, and I know that :awkney:

Actually I think you missed the point. I said the Academy likes to award movies in one package, hence I brought up the La La Land example. You said nothing to refute that statement. I could be talking about any movie which is not a musical but which still received multiple nominations in the general categories and the statement would still stand. That was the point.

McMonster08

I mean, they won't postpone it until Oscars season if they didn't have a chance. :vegas:

Bradley
2 hours ago, Adarsh Soni said:

She can have a guaranteed nomination if they put her in the supporting actress category, and its a common thing, last year the competition for leading actress was very high so they put Viola Davis in the supporting category and she won! Even though her character was leading. 

but Gaga's name is being marketed alongside Bradley Cooper, who's definitely playing a lead role. They even included both huge names in the trailer, which got us to thinking that Gaga is a lead actress. Predictors have also put Gaga under the Best Actress category.

The media while reporting the announcement of A Star Is Born also made it very clear that Bradley and Gaga are leading co-stars. If they wanted her to be a supporting actress, Warner Bros would have said so.

Also supporting actors usually get lesser screen time than leads do. I think they gave Bradley and Gaga equal amount of screen time.

In American Hustle, Bradley and Jennifer were supporting actors, while Christian Bale and Amy Adams were leads. I think there's a general impression that a couple starring in a movie would be categorised together as having the same importance in a movie.

If they wanted Gaga to be a supporting actor, they would just put the name 'BRADLEY COOPER' in the trailer but Gaga. In this case, Gaga IS a lead actress, if anything Dave Chappelle and Sam Elliot are supporting actors.

Archived