💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Bradley and Gaga will get nominated at the Oscars?

Bradley

Title  

315 members have voted

1. 1. A Star Is Born's chances

• Both Gaga and Bradley will get nominated
    • Only Bradley will get nominated
    • Only Gaga will get nominated
    • Both of them are not getting any acting nominations

Featured Posts

Bradley

I know we haven't seen the movie yet, but journalists and fans and forum users have been making predictions for the 91st Academy Awards already. So I thought I'd ask GGD your honest opinion on A Star Is Born's chances at getting nominated.

Please be honest with your opinion and possibly make a realistic vote, we love optimism but predictions also have to be realistic for them to have some value.

I personally think that Bradley's chances at getting nominated are higher, from the trailer it just seems that Bradley is more experienced than Gaga is, which is natural, and it's not to say Gaga isn't good, she is good, but I need to see more to determine whether or not she's Oscarworthy. She has the right role, in the right film with an Oscar legacy, all we need is a good performance for her to get nominated.

Knowing that the Academy loves musicals/drama like this, I think they have a good chance at getting nominated, both of them. They won't win but nominations should be possible. Also the Academy kinda likes to award movies in a package, usually one movie gets several nominations in a package, La La Land was nominated for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor (Ryan Gosling), Best Actress (Emma Stone) and Best Original Song. A Star Is Born is ready to replicate that, and Gaga already has the advantage here, unless her acting is exceptionally bad, she should be fine.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Evans

I genuinely think they both have a good shot- the Oscar buzz is insane for a film that isn't even out yet

tomsches

I haven't seen the movie, but I don't think Gaga's acting will get nominated. I mean it's her first big role and I just don't see the Academy nominating her over other actresses that have been in the industry for so much longer.

That being said, if the soundtrack is good, one of her songs could even win.

UnnamedArtist

Although I believe in the Gaga acting, but still more believe in the situation with nomination / win to Bradley  for the role and Gaga win award [:ohwell:] for the song.

Guest Adarsh

My predictions for the nominations : 

Best Movie (nowadays there are 8-9 nominees) 

Best Director

Best Actor

Cinematography

Original Song

Original Score

Sound Mixing

I'm not sure if she'll be nominated for best actress yet but nothing is impossible as the world witnessed Cher win a best actress Oscar. 

But im 100% sure she'll WIN the golden globe for best actress in a musical. :vegas:

Bradley
13 minutes ago, tomsches said:

I haven't seen the movie, but I don't think Gaga's acting will get nominated. I mean it's her first big role and I just don't see the Academy nominating her over other actresses that have been in the industry for so much longer.

That being said, if the soundtrack is good, one of her songs could even win.

Nvm

Bradley
4 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

But im 100% sure she'll WIN the golden globe for best actress in a musical. :vegas:

If she wins, that would kind of increase her chances at getting nominated at the Oscars.

Original Diva

I hope so. But all these award shows love to snub gaga 

excuse me no

Guest Adarsh
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

If she wins, that would kind of increase her chances at getting nominated at the Oscars.

I agree :diane:

Guest Adarsh
Just now, Original Diva said:

I hope so. But all these award shows love to snub gaga 

Not the Golden Globes :diane: If she can win for AHS (which was not appreciated by the critics). She's definitely gonna win for ASIB. 

tomsches
9 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Jennifer Lawrence's FIRST nomination was also her first win though, just putting it out there.

it was not her FIRST movie though

Bradley
1 minute ago, tomsches said:

it was not her FIRST movie though

Actually I got the facts wrong. It was her second nomination, my bad. :bon:

And yeah you're right, but do we have examples of an actor getting nominated for a debut role?

Guest Adarsh

Not the same Jen but Dreamgirls was Jennifer Hudson's first movie, first nomination, first win. And she was an unconventional choice, and she beat Cate Blanchett. :vegas:

Archived