💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga’s Oscars Competition

Chamaquito

Featured Posts

Mermaid Tail
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

It doesn't work that way. Each year voters vote considering all the nominees in the category, not based on previous decisions.

Don’t they work the dirty way tho.

I heard they didn’t wanted Gaga to win because her #MeToo movement would attack the behind the scene rapist of Hollywood 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
42 minutes ago, HosedDownGypsy said:

well in the last couple of years we have seen that they put an actor who is technicaly a leading role in the category of supporting actor just because they then have bigger chances of winning.(last year is a good example). do you think is it possible that they throw gaga in the supporting actress category just so she gets bigger chances of being nominated/win:huh:
after all bradley is the main character imo.

I don't think Ally is a supporting role. It's not really possible in my opinion.

Guest Adarsh

Guys, if her performance really is good then she can be nominated. When Cher was nominated, everyone was surprised because they did not expect it, and eventually she ended up winning it, proving her haters wrong. :vegas:

Bradley
3 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Guys, if her performance really is good then she can be nominated. When Cher was nominated, everyone was surprised because they did not expect it, and eventually she ended up winning it, proving her haters wrong. :vegas:

There you said it :vegas:

Guest Adarsh

And you guys realise that the academy members are literally directors/producers/respected actors right? We already have Sean Penn, Robert Deniro, Barbra Streisand and Steven Spielberg in our bag. I'm pretty sure this movie will be campaigned a lot. Why else would WB change the release date? 

pedrohemg
2 hours ago, Bradley said:

I don't think Ally is a supporting role. It's not really possible in my opinion.

There's no such thing. It's called category fraud and happens almost every year. In 2016 Alicia Vikander won Best Supporting Actress "for a Lead Role". That was really ridiculous because she's clearly a co-lead in The Danish Girl.

Bradley
1 minute ago, pedrohemg said:

There's no such thing. It's called category fraud and happens almost every year. In 2016 Alicia Vikander won Best Supporting Actress "for a Lead Role". That was really ridiculous because she's clearly a co-lead in The Danish Girl.

I don't think they would do it in Gaga's case.

Ziggy
16 hours ago, Chamaquito said:

Tully looks interesting. Is it out yet?

Oh it’s great! I personally really loved it. It was a very very well-thought out movie and Charlize did a fantastic job as did whoever played Tully. Also an expert script. 

Ziggy
5 hours ago, Mermaid Tail said:

Don’t they work the dirty way tho.

I heard they didn’t wanted Gaga to win because her #MeToo movement would attack the behind the scene rapist of Hollywood 

It’s more like they’re lazy af and just voted for the Bond thene whether they actually listened to it or not thinking, “oh, well you know, that’s gotta be good, right? One vote down a few more to go!” They do the same thing with animated films and this isn’t no different.

androiduser
16 hours ago, Mermaid Tail said:

After the backlash with sam smith winning i think they know they need to make gaga win this time around

they wouldn't give someone an acting award for losing in a song category.

And when it comes to previous nominees, Glenn Close was nominated 6 times, so if they owe the award to anyone, it's her.

Mr S
1 minute ago, androiduser said:

they wouldn't give someone an acting award for losing in a song category.

And when it comes to previous nominees, Glenn Close was nominated 6 times, so if they owe the award to anyone, it's her.

I do think voters would do makeup awards. They are human afterall.

But they would not do it for Gaga. She hasn't paid any dues, nor was there that much of a backlash outside stanworld of that loss.

Mr S
7 hours ago, Ziggy said:

It’s more like they’re lazy af and just voted for the Bond thene whether they actually listened to it or not thinking, “oh, well you know, that’s gotta be good, right? One vote down a few more to go!” They do the same thing with animated films and this isn’t no different.

Or they just don't like Diane Warren. She was 0 for 7 when they lost. Then she lost again last year. Hopefully WB doesn't push for the Diane song as I'm convinced they don't like her.

androiduser
Just now, GrigioGirl1 said:

I do think voters would do makeup awards. They are human afterall.

But they would not do it for Gaga. She hasn't paid any dues, nor was there that much of a backlash outside stanworld of that loss.

of course, they will do it for an acting legend who's been nominated 3 or 4 or more times and who's been long overdue.... they won't do it to for a newcomer who lost in an unrelated category.

Ziggy
1 hour ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Or they just don't like Diane Warren. She was 0 for 7 when they lost. Then she lost again last year. Hopefully WB doesn't push for the Diane song as I'm convinced they don't like her.

That could be part of it as well; she seems like an outspoken woman.

Archived