💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga’s Oscars Competition

Chamaquito

Featured Posts

Ziggy
34 minutes ago, LadyLuca said:

still it will be hard for her. The Queen film with remi malek will probably slay and be a real threat for Gaga (best song)

Best actress is also hard since people who are also very skilled can win aswell.

I would love it if Gaga wins an Oscar. But I think I would not mind if she wont since others deserve them aswell. I actually dont really mind that much about awards

I will be happy if the music is good. And I cant wait for the soundtracks cuz Gaga has the best sounding voice Imo. otherwhise I wouldnt be here

Is there new music in that? I don’t think you’re eligible for covers (but correct me if I’m wrong).

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wixson
10 minutes ago, sethrb101 said:

I’m keeping my expectations low and not expecting many award noms (mainly to protect myself from outrage :selena:), but I am also remaining very hopeful. Hopefully the Academy actually takes into account all the work and doesn’t nominate people just because they’re name recgonition. *cough* Meryl Streep Nicole Kidman Charlize Theron *cough* That said, the name itself could be the very thing that gives Gaga an edge. It’s probably a big reason why she got the Golden Globe.

Nicole's been snubbed at least six times and Charlize's received two nominations overall. :rip:

sethrb101
2 minutes ago, Wixson said:

Nicole's been snubbed at least six times and Charlize's received two nominations overall. :rip:

Nicole is very overrated imo, but to each their own :sweat: I’m very tired of her

And Charlize probably wasn’t the best example, but she’s someone who’s very much a name talent. I just get tired of seeing people nominated just for who they are. Award shows are very political, though, especially the Oscars. :triggered:

#Gaga2020

Chamaquito
2 minutes ago, sethrb101 said:

Nicole is very overrated imo, but to each their own :sweat: I’m very tired of her

And Charlize probably wasn’t the best example, but she’s someone who’s very much a name talent. I just get tired of seeing people nominated just for who they are. Award shows are very political, though, especially the Oscars. :triggered:

The politics of it all it’s what make many of us question these award shows..

I’m actually nice.

Wixson
28 minutes ago, sethrb101 said:

I'll politely agree to disagree about the Nicole part, because I believe she's one of the underrated Hollywood legends, especially when it comes to the Academy, but as you said, to each their own. 

I agree with the rest, though.

SwissMonster

Best Actress? I think no we hope to much. I could see ASIB winning Best Sound Mixing and Best Song(yet it has to be one of Gaga’s and not Bradley’s). I think Gaga getting an Oscar is a dream. I would scream even if she is nominated. Sadly don’t think, she (as a person) will get an Oscar. I mean Di Caprio took YEARS with leading roles for ONE oscar. Gaga, as a Singer, getting an oscar, in her first leading role. C‘mon, let’s be realistic, there is no way. 

(But yes I am still hoping :selena:)

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

TropicOfCANCER
1 hour ago, LadyLuca said:

still it will be hard for her. The Queen film with remi malek will probably slay and be a real threat for Gaga (best song)

Best actress is also hard since people who are also very skilled can win aswell.

I would love it if Gaga wins an Oscar. But I think I would not mind if she wont since others deserve them aswell. I actually dont really mind that much about awards

I will be happy if the music is good. And I cant wait for the soundtracks cuz Gaga has the best sounding voice Imo. otherwhise I wouldnt be here

You do realize the rami movie only contains queen’s music and not any original song, yes?

SwissMonster
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Is there new music in that? I don’t think you’re eligible for covers (but correct me if I’m wrong).

If you are speaking of ASIB: Almost every song is an original and not a cover :messga:

TropicOfCANCER
1 minute ago, SwissMonster said:

Best Actress? I think no we hope to much. I could see ASIB winning Best Sound Mixing and Best Song(yet it has to be one of Gaga’s and not Bradley’s). I think Gaga getting an Oscar is a dream. I would scream even if she is nominated. Sadly don’t think, she (as a person) will get an Oscar. I mean Di Caprio took YEARS with leading roles for ONE oscar. Gaga, as a Singer, getting an oscar, in her first leading role. C‘mon, let’s be realistic, there is no way. 

(But yes I am still hoping :selena:)

This has happened before. I’m not saying it’s likley, but it’s not impossible. 

Chamaquito
1 minute ago, SwissMonster said:

If you are speaking of ASIB: Almost every song is an original and not a cover :messga:

No, he’s referring to the Bohemian Rhapsody film.

I’m actually nice.

TropicOfCANCER
1 hour ago, Wixson said:

Toni Collette is not getting in for a horror movie, Cate Blanchett's Where'd You Go, Bernadette?  has been rescheduled to March 2019 and if Charlize didn't get in for Young Adult she's not getting in for Tully (same director, writer, similar critical reception and weaker box office performance.)

But, let's wait til the film starts showing at fall festivals/hits the theaters - if the reception's good, box office decent and campaigning strong, she could definitely get a nomination, which would be a win in its own right. 

Where did you see that Bernadette was delayed? I just researched and saw nothing about this.

also, horror nominations happen. Toni colletes last nomination was for “the sixth sense,” in fact. 

SwissMonster
1 minute ago, Chamaquito said:

No, he’s referring to the Bohemian Rhapsody film.

Oh okay, I was extremely close to call him a fake fan :ladyhaha: 

nerdfacekillah
1 hour ago, Chamaquito said:

Yea, the one thing that bothered me the most about the trailer is that it seems like the focus is on Bradley. Not necessarily her. Although (If I’m not mistaken) she’s supposed to get the spotlight as the movie progress.

maybe they did this because it’s the first trailer and they want to emphasize that is bradley’s directorial debut. maybe with the other trailers to come we will see more of gaga.

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

Ziggy
19 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

No I mean the Freddie Mercury Queen movie. Could they get an award for a cover?

Ziggy
9 minutes ago, nerdface97 said:

maybe they did this because it’s the first trailer and they want to emphasize that is bradley’s directorial debut. maybe with the other trailers to come we will see more of gaga.

Essentially Jackson is the main character and everything is told from his perspective. Gaga gets equal time as him but we’re watching the story from his POV because he’s the one who finds her and watches her star get born, and all that.

Archived