Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga’s Oscars Competition

Chamaquito

Featured Posts

Mirages
5 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

I think that category is likely for science-fiction movies with gunshots and explosions lol 

That's the Sound Editing no? Also, La La Land got a nom and it's the same guys that mixed ASIB.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chamaquito
20 minutes ago, Snow said:

This is getting ridicilous, c'mon. Time for a reality chech and lowering the delusional expectations. If the movie is well recieved and does good then great and has potential on the music categories, even better. But best actress...? Why over hype oneselves and then get totally disappointed for no reason? 

True. But I think is interesting that many articles are praising the trailer and Indiewire has Gaga as a contender and not on their "Long Shot" list. I assume we're all aware that even a nomination would be a surprised.

I’m actually nice.

LadyLuca

still it will be hard for her. The Queen film with remi malek will probably slay and be a real threat for Gaga (best song)

Best actress is also hard since people who are also very skilled can win aswell.

I would love it if Gaga wins an Oscar. But I think I would not mind if she wont since others deserve them aswell. I actually dont really mind that much about awards

I will be happy if the music is good. And I cant wait for the soundtracks cuz Gaga has the best sounding voice Imo. otherwhise I wouldnt be here

androiduser

you forgot Glen Close in "The Wife", she is already a front-runner and the Academy owes her an award.....

androiduser
6 minutes ago, LadyLuca said:

still it will be hard for her. The Queen film with remi malek will probably slay and be a real threat for Gaga (best song)

why would there be an original new song in the movie about Queen and Freddie?

mamo

if the film is critically acclaimed and well-received then my predictions are: 

best picture

best actor

best actress (if and only if gaga's performance is emotionally impactful) 

best director

original song

adapted screenplay

cinematography

film editing

sound editing

sound mixing

BUT...

it's best to take everything with a pinch of salt.

remember any sort of acclaim/recognition is positive, it's literally gaga's first feature film in a leading role. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

androiduser
9 minutes ago, Chamaquito said:

True. But I think is interesting that many articles are praising the trailer and Indiewire has Gaga as a contender and not on their "Long Shot" list. I assume we're all aware that even a nomination would be a surprised.

to be honest, judging from the trailer, her acting skills are really not featured in the trailer, and there can't be a realistic conclusion reached from those short scenes.

And the articles are probably just paid promo, it's literally too exaggerated

nodandsmile

I am not saying that it's impossible, but for her to get nominated for best actress she needs to be REALLY OUTSTANDING because these names :giveup: + I think Nicole Kidman will be in competition too

Anyway I just expect her to be good and that the film is good so that she can get better acting jobs, better her acting and maybe one day get an oscar. And I think she has more chances to be nominated for best original song I don't mind if she loses ... just be nominated 

nodandsmile
11 minutes ago, LadyLuca said:

Best actress is also hard since people who are also very skilled can win aswell.

I would love it if Gaga wins an Oscar. But I think I would not mind if she wont since others deserve them aswell. I actually dont really mind that much about awards

I will be happy if the music is good. And I cant wait for the soundtracks cuz Gaga has the best sounding voice Imo. otherwhise I wouldnt be here

Will there be any original song in the Freddie Mercury film ?

Mikey Monster

If Gaga just even gets nominated I will be over the moon! ❤️ Either way idc I’m still so happy to see her in a movie and showing her versitilty as an artist. I’m just really worried that they will give her an Oscar just cuz she’s Lady Gaga. Ik Gaga auditioned for this role she wants to truly earn it not just get handed awards. Plus there are so many amazing actresses with great roles as well. Negative reactions is bound to happen if she won. I’d be happy for gaga cuz she worked hard for it but I’d rather her be nominated a couple times THEN win an Oscar for a great raw role when she’s built up an acting reputation. ❤️❤️❤️

Mikey McCampbell

Chamaquito
9 minutes ago, androiduser said:

to be honest, judging from the trailer, her acting skills are really not featured in the trailer, and there can't be a realistic conclusion reached from those short scenes.

And the articles are probably just paid promo, it's literally too exaggerated

Yea, the one thing that bothered me the most about the trailer is that it seems like the focus is on Bradley. Not necessarily her. Although (If I’m not mistaken) she’s supposed to get the spotlight as the movie progress.

I’m actually nice.

Doncho

Being nominated only would be FANTASTIC! But of course monsters will be angry if Gaga doesnt win. Keep in mind this is her FIRST MAJOR ROLE!

Madam Margolyes
16 minutes ago, LadyLuca said:

I dont think a freddy mercury biopic will have an original song. If anything, i guess her biggest competitors in best song are mary poppins and black panther

sethrb101

I’m keeping my expectations low and not expecting many award noms (mainly to protect myself from outrage :selena:), but I am also remaining very hopeful. Hopefully the Academy actually takes into account all the work and doesn’t nominate people just because they’re name recgonition. *cough* Meryl Streep Nicole Kidman Charlize Theron *cough* That said, the name itself could be the very thing that gives Gaga an edge. It’s probably a big reason why she got the Golden Globe.

Edit: I just want to say, too, that Gaga being considered a contender right now is huge deal! She and all of us should be over the moon! A nomination would be absoulutely incredible, too, even if she didn’t win.

#Gaga2020

Wixson

Toni Collette is not getting in for a horror movie, Cate Blanchett's Where'd You Go, Bernadette?  has been rescheduled to March 2019 and if Charlize didn't get in for Young Adult she's not getting in for Tully (same director, writer, similar critical reception and weaker box office performance.)

But, let's wait til the film starts showing at fall festivals/hits the theaters - if the reception's good, box office decent and campaigning strong, she could definitely get a nomination, which would be a win in its own right. 

Archived