Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

A Star Is Born Trailer

Dawson

Featured Posts

Music

it is so disheartening that the amount of hard work and dedication Gaga put into this film has resulted in only her "fans" leaving negative responses to the teaser.

this looks undeniably promising for Oscar and Grammy recognition.
plus, we are getting an entire soundtrack of original material.

if you aren't interested in the film or Gaga's acting career, okay.
but the disrespectful remarks about her acting abilities are unnecessary.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dexxx

I almost died when she started singing at the end. WOW!! :giveup::air::air:

I might watch Ocean's 8 just to experience the slayage of this trailer in the big screen. :firega:

All I ever wanted was 🅻🅾🆅🅴

Quartz

It is just so weird to see her acting in a normal role. HYPEDT

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

FRANK1991

yall I WAS NOT READY

EMOTIONAL

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

PrinceGaga
25 minutes ago, Dexxx said:

I almost died when she started singing at the end. WOW!! :giveup::air::air:

I might watch Ocean's 8 just to experience the slayage of this trailer in the big screen. :firega:

Has it been confirmT that it plays before Oceans 8?! I’m seeing oceans next week and I want to know if I will be follicle free before the movie even starts

MonsterofFame

Looks like Gaga isn’t using “Stefani Germanotta” as her name in the credits. Was that just a rumor or did Gaga ever actually say that?

Also I wonder if this film inspired the country sound of Joanne, since it was worked on at a very close time to this movie and an odd change from the original sound of LG5.

TheSlash

I don't know if it was already mentioned in this thread (and I'm too lazy to look it up rn, tbh:vegas::selena: ), but did you notice that Gaga seemed to wear the very outfit of TC's single cover when she stood in front of that mirror:cryga:

EDIT: I just rewatched the trailer and it might not be the exact same outfit. In that case I'm a messy flop :vegas:

Ew, David!

Whispering
3 hours ago, Bio said:

Isn't that the same experience Gaga's had tho? lol. Anyway, I don't know why people get so butt hurt when other people have different opinions than them. I didn't see anyone bashing Gaga, just saying what they thought about the trailer. And no one is dismissing the movie, we're only judging a 3 minute clip, chill.

The Tisch School of Arts has long been one of the premier acting/theatre programs. When Gaga tried out, only around 30 people were accepted out of the thousands of auditions of highly talented applicants.  So no...that's not the "same experience Gaga had". 

Plus, you seem to have forgotten that she was in AHS for a couple of seasons and has now worked with professional directors, actors, writers and acting coaches.

But, keep trying. 

Tokyo Rose

Aw she looks and sounds so good.

I just hope there's a little more to the concept of the movie.

The concept I'm getting from this trailer is:

Poor me people don't find me attractive but at least I have Bradley Cooper.

I feel like this is boiling down to another 3rd wave feminism movie about presenting the lead female as a perpetual victim of society. What happened to the Lady Gaga who wanted to do new and interesting things? I guess the saying Hollywood changes people is just too true. 

giskardsb
7 hours ago, metalguru said:

that kind of a face expression doesn't need a context lol.

Here’s the thing about movies. It’s damn annoying to have a narrator explain thoughts, so certain expression tropes have been added to the medium that people don’t really do much in real life.  We’ve been trained to know what they mean instead of some narrator popping up saying “ally is surprised by the unexpected complement.”   Now granted Gaga may not completely have the subtlety of such things as say Tom Hanks, who can basically communicate without speech simply with expressions and make it seem completely natural. 

Overall i think the trailer looks great, although to me the “I just wanted to look at you” scene is a bit cheesy. That’s not Gaga’s fault though. 

giskardsb
17 minutes ago, Tokyo Rose said:

I feel like this is boiling down to another 3rd wave feminism movie about presenting the lead female as a perpetual victim of society. What happened to the Lady Gaga who wanted to do new and interesting things? I guess the saying Hollywood changes people is just too true. 

And this is what you call reading way too much into something with a background agenda LOL. 

Tokyo Rose
2 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

And this is what you call reading way too much into something with a background agenda LOL. 

If I'm reading too much into it, it must be so bland of a concept that my own imagination is instinctively trying to fill in the gaps with SOMETHING..

This is feeling like something Amy Schumer would be in. Disappointingly boring coming from someone like Gaga.

Archived