Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Is it Time for a Stan Social Network?

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

So, with Twitter coming down very hard on fan accounts and with websites like ATRL declining - is it time for a bespoke, cross-base social networking site/app for stans? 

Moving beyond simple forums, do you think it is time for a social networking (friends, chatting, posts, content sharing) site dedicated to fans of different artists, celebrities, YouTubers, TV shows ect? A community of stans around different ideas, with pop artists being the core focus. 

Stan Twitter has grown rapidly -  there is a clear market out there for this... but would people want to move from Twitter to something more specific? I think perhaps they could when you consider the limitations of Twitter. 

I have a feeling something will be out soon. Will be interesting to see if it does, and how it goes down. 

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LeJudas

Isn't that what the LM app is?

It isn't cross-fandom but the same idea is there right?

Brolysskins

PLEASE!!!! I'm tired of little teenagers (not all) hiding behind famous people memes avatars commenting "we stan, we don't want it, *** outsold, we do, stream ****, wbk". They literally make my brain hurt, TAKE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

OMonster
Just now, LeJudas said:

Isn't that what the LM app is?

It isn't cross-fandom but the same idea is there right?

I think it is essentially, yeah... 

But the key would be something more cross-base and something specifically designed for that. 

subtext / fantasy

monster4life231

But imagine the tension between the fanbases. :triggered:

spread peace - #MJInnocent

Seeka

No. Fandoms are poisonous nasty things. Even music fandoms are just as poisonous if not more than media fandoms.

It would be great but it would have to have a lot of great moderators as the hate between fanbases is pretty damn intense :madge:

Tom Nook
4 minutes ago, monster4life231 said:

But imagine the tension between the fanbases. :triggered:

Pretty much this :poot: 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

OMonster

Do you guys not think the tension could be relatively fun?

Maybe the tension could be played into some kind of competition... leaderboards ect.

I don't know. 

subtext / fantasy

ryanripley

at first i was like NO they don't deserve a home but then i realised if they have a home, i won't have to put up with them on other social media so YES

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Hyperballad

everyone not here for the tension and fighting :laughga:

whats the fun in stan twitter if no ones fighting :giggle:

OMonster
11 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

at first i was like NO they don't deserve a home but then i realised if they have a home, i won't have to put up with them on other social media so YES

I mean, aren't we stans too, though?

subtext / fantasy

Michaelandro

I think it's time for stan culture to become a part of the past, and not a very positive one too. We as human race need to evolve, and we need to bring awareness to our generation about the real problems on this planet, humans are taking the entertainment industry and sport way too seriously and it keeps this toxic self destructive system that we're relying on in place. So no, we don't need anymore sites where people gather to fight over Ariana's ponytail and Gaga's meat dress.

Archived